PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos-Colts Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hhhmmm....Indy torches Denver and then plays the Pats the next week....I swear I've seen this before....how did that go?

Minnesota people. Minnesssoota.

zippo59 said:
The Colts defense was pathetic against a pathetic Denver offense. Indy's offense played a great game but that was it.
every team has flaws...last yr too the indy D wasnt that great and they light up the pats 40-21...win is all matters...and one game doesnt carry over to the next...case in point ..how we played against denver and then cincy..

I'm loving the fact that Indy has to play two back to back road games but on the other hand, we have one less day to prepare.

i just realized that the colts doesnt need a defense to win the championship game.. only peyton can carry his team. I'm afraid it's going to be his turn this year :mad:

FortLauderdaleBroncosFan said:
i just realized that the colts doesnt need a defense to win the championship game.. only peyton can carry his team. I'm afraid it's going to be his turn this year :mad:

Don't jump off a bridge please. Oh wait, Broncos fan, go ahead.

What can the new Bionic Ben do in 38 seconds? Sack and a spike with 5 to go just ain't gonna cut it.

Cowher abdicated to this kid because he didn't lose the Superbowl for him. Big mistake by the spitter. It's Ben's team now and at the rate he injures body (and brain) parts they are out of it in week 7 of their defense of the title season. Might have won a couple of those with Batch and a good D. Too late now.

All the experts who said you don't play for months if at all after face planting on a Chrysler are just home shaking their heads. It's never just about healing the obvious physical injury, it's about regaining your status mentally after all that time away from the game. Ben was never the brightest bulb, now he looks like a 20 watter desperately trying to light up a stadium. Can't do it.

FortLauderdaleBroncosFan said:

You're an idiot. People have been saying this for three years and have they been able to do it?

a single game display of why the Broncos do not scare me, but Manning does

MrClutch said:
I'm loving the fact that Indy has to play two back to back road games but on the other hand, we have one less day to prepare.

I think feeding Corey raw meat for 4 days should be enough preparation.:violent:

And watching the Colts second half D, of course.

Last edited:
patsfan13 said:
If we win the next 2 we are the #1 seed and control our own destiny.
Thats true, but my point was when it comes to the play offs they cant say well denver beat pats so thier # 1, or the colts beat denver dso thier # 1 or so on and so on.

Flying Fungi said:
a single game display of why the Broncos do not scare me, but Manning does

Were you saying this last year too?

Great outcomes across the board today for the Pats. Colts beat Denver, so we have the opportunity to control our destiny against the one team that has our number. Steelers' season is over. Jets lose. The only downside is Baltimore winning.

Ugh. I give up. Enjoy arguing about questions that will never have any answers. That is, until the answers can then be argued about, still without resolve.

sieglo said:

Great outcomes across the board today for the Pats. Colts beat Denver, so we have the opportunity to control our destiny against the one team that has our number. Steelers' season is over. Jets lose. The only downside is Baltimore winning.

Did you truly believe that the Patriots were Super Bowl champ material last year? Did you feel confident that the Patriots were going to run the table in the playoffs? Be honest.

Also--why is my perspective so invalid? What are the Broncos put on a pedestal and the Colts denigrated? Further--why is this the case to such a degree that alternative views are mocked? It doesn't make sense. Denver had allowed 44 points in their previous 6 games--Indy just hung 34 on them almost effortlessly. Tell me what you saw--is Denver that bad? Is Indy that good? It was a mostly mistake-free game, so bad calls and turnovers were minimal. But truly--this game showed that either Denver isn't that good (my point) or Indy IS that good (my point). Or is this going to be a convenient anomaly that supports the views that Indy is soft and Denver is a juggernaut? If this is an anomaly--then why can't the last couple of Pats/Den games be viewed as anomalies as well?

sieglo said:

You also forgot SEA losing :))), and SD beating STL :)()

Flying Fungi said:
Did you truly believe that the Patriots were Super Bowl champ material last year? Did you feel confident that the Patriots were going to run the table in the playoffs? Be honest.

Also--why is my perspective so invalid? What are the Broncos put on a pedestal and the Colts denigrated? Further--why is this the case to such a degree that alternative views are mocked? It doesn't make sense. Denver had allowed 44 points in their previous 6 games--Indy just hung 34 on them almost effortlessly. Tell me what you saw--is Denver that bad? Is Indy that good? It was a mostly mistake-free game, so bad calls and turnovers were minimal. But truly--this game showed that either Denver isn't that good (my point) or Indy IS that good (my point). Or is this going to be a convenient anomaly that supports the views that Indy is soft and Denver is a juggernaut? If this is an anomaly--then why can't the last couple of Pats/Den games be viewed as anomalies as well?

I think you are overanalyzing.

Anyway, in the NFL past results are the best predictor of future performance. If one team has beaten another 8 of the last 9 times they played, the team that has won 8 times is by far the most likely to win the next game they meet. That's why I fear Denver and I don't fear the Colts.

Different teams match up in different ways. The Colts match up well versus Denver. The Dolphins suck but they match up well against the Pats. Even though Buffalo is by all objective measures a better team than Miami I'd rather play Buffalo than Miami any day. The Colts may be a better team than Denver, but I like our chances against the Colts over Denver any day.

And for the record, I did believe the Pats were Super Bowl material last year. They struggled the first half of the year bu were a different team by the playoffs. They beat themselves with mistakes versus Denver, and I think they would have beaten Pitt at the Razor.... And taken down the NFC champion.

Now 2001.... That probably wasn't a "Super Bowl material" team the Pats fielded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back