PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos-Chargers

Ha
Or they haven't played RBs even close to Charles/Moreno. The closest one to them just went over 100 yards as well, but it was a "short week" as many say here, which apparently gives them the pass.

Either way, Forte is soon, let's see how they handle him.

Had you bothered to listen to the BB press conference after the game, you would find that BB did specifically mention this and giving players time off.

This why you need to stop posting and start reading and learning.

Arrington is a better short burst and slot cover guy than Dennard, having learned from getting lit up by Welker for years in practice. Welker is still not 100% post-concussion, and Manning isn't looking his way nearly as often.

If Sanders is making Arrington his *****, the Patriots can always switch him with Dennard mid-game. Chung will be low to clog the box and the short-middle center of the field, because he can't do anything else. McCourty can stay high and help clean up the deep stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have a problem with that coverage, so long as Arrington/Dennard is given ample safety help. But I would want to see Browner cover Thomas as much as possible with McCourty consistenly shaded to his side to assist on anything deep, or if Thomas shakes Browner at the LOS. Thomas is both strong and fast for a WR. I would like to see the Patriots match that with a combination of strength at the LOS (Browner) and speed (McCourty). Revis completely neutralizing Sanders will force the Broncos over to the other side of the field and, if the coverage is tight enough or if McCourty baits him, the D could force a turnover or two at the expense of the Five Head. Browner, as I'm sure you remember, saw his share of #1 wideouts in Seattle from time to time when teams began to scheme away from Sherman. Let's see if he can handle Thomas. If he can, and Sanders is taken out one on one by Revis, the Broncos are going to have a very difficult time moving the ball through the air. If Thomas is making mincemeat of Browner and McCourty, switch coverages.

How am I reaching? And how am I trying to engage you in a pissing contest unprovoked?

How is my post any different than this:

Personally I consider my post to be a more respectful version of the post that I've quoted above.

****ified and ****ty.

No, I dont find those to be "absolutely apt" in describing the game plan of a game we won.

Just as I don't find the sentiment of what I was clearly trying to express as being some great, unprovoked attempt to draw you into a pissing contest or some personal attack because I didn't like what you wrote somewhere else.

Yes I used snark to counter what I consider to be your over the top criticism of a game we won.

But did I also not preface my original post with these two statements:

1. I agree with the gist of what you are saying.
2. You would be surprised at how often I agree with what you are saying.

Those statements were a gesture, a gesture of respect and goodwill. Hell ultimately I even acknowledged the validity of your points. The snark is about the degree in which you take them.

I'm not sure how many homers would even give you that to be honest.

Somehow missed this. I guess the alert didn't come in. So, if I'm understanding you correctly here, your problem isn't with what I said (you agree) but HOW I said it? If you've been following my posts for a long time, you know that I don't mince words on here. Especially when it comes to something I don't like. I've listed my issues with the defensive scheme in that game already and didn't feel I needed to go into stark detail about it again. So, if the way I post or if some of the words I use offend you, you may want to go the route of ignoring me, unfortunately. Because I'm not going to change.

Ha

Had you bothered to listen to the BB press conference after the game, you would find that BB did specifically mention this and giving players time off.

This why you need to stop posting and start reading and learning.

That's fine, but we are the 24th ranked rushing D based off averages per game and the 27th ranked rushing defense regarding yards allowed. Both losses we have, the opponents ran the ball down our throats, it's a problem and if this team is going to go deep in January they need to get better at stopping the run and making teams more 1 dimensional. You need to stop being so bias, I understand the Patriots are your favorite team, they are mine as well, but I'm not going to completely look away from glaring issues on this team. This is a board where we discuss all things Patriots, I use it to talk about what I see from them and also to read other users posts as it's a great way to learn and get different insight.

And please, stop saying we have an "elite passing D" before we have even played a single consistent passing attack team.

That's fine, but we are the 24th ranked rushing D based off averages per game and the 27th ranked rushing defense regarding yards allowed. Both losses we have, the opponents ran the ball down our throats, it's a problem and if this team is going to go deep in January they need to get better at stopping the run and making teams more 1 dimensional. You need to stop being so bias, I understand the Patriots are your favorite team, they are mine as well, but I'm not going to completely look away from glaring issues on this team. This is a board where we discuss all things Patriots, I use it to talk about what I see from them and also to read other users posts as it's a great way to learn and get different insight.

And please, stop saying we have an "elite passing D" before we have even played a single consistent passing attack team.

The pats run d will probably be better once siliga returns and with the emergence of Casey walker. It's an issue at the moment, but could very well be fixed in the coming weeks.

The pats run d will probably be better once siliga returns and with the emergence of Casey walker. It's an issue at the moment, but could very well be fixed in the coming weeks.

That's all I'm saying, this guy has constantly quoted me every day just attacking me and others. Read his posts, it's impossible him to post without attacking someone. A couple more losses this season and he will be gone for good and back on the Manziel bandwagon

That's all I'm saying, this guy has constantly quoted me every day just attacking me and others. Read his posts, it's impossible him to post without attacking someone. A couple more losses this season and he will be gone for good and back on the Manziel bandwagon

You should put him on ignore. Guy is a troll that got banned from here a couple of years ago and came back under a different username. He brings very little to the table in terms of actual knowledge of the game. How he hasn't gotten banned again is mind blowing. Believe me, you'll miss out on nothing if you throw him onto your ignore list.

Reactions: KA-
You should put him on ignore. Guy is a troll that got banned from here a couple of years ago and came back under a different username. He brings very little to the table in terms of actual knowledge of the game. How he hasn't gotten banned again is mind blowing. Believe me, you'll miss out on nothing if you throw him onto your ignore list.

Done and thanks

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back