PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos-Chargers

Your response is non-sensical. I only said that the pats have not played an elite offense yet, then YOU bring up denver vs seattle. NE does not have the same sexary as seattle's, not even close.

Yet somehow it's the top pass defense in the league.

Check the roster in November and January.

Outside of looking stupid, it's hard to imagine exactly what you are attempting with this post.

Here's a hint. Teams tend to not be as good when they lose most of their best players.

So what do you suggest? Not showing up next time to the game because we had injuries? Bottom line is he torched us when it mattered and having film from the November game probably wasn't bad for him either.

I'm not even sure what you're on about to be honest, you call me stupid yet you think this pass D is elite 7 games in coming off a game @ home where Geno Smith looked like Steve Young and had one his best games of his career? Has Geno Smith even had a better game than last Thursdays?

Browner is good in the first five yards, but he can get burnt if he doesn't take out his receiver at the line. He misses the block on the line on D. Thomas and you are conceding the big play. Browner has always lined up at RCB for a reason. He is not good enough to cover teams' #1 receiver.

I would much rather have Revis line up on D. Thomas one on one and let Dennard cover Sanders with help over the top. D. Thomas is the far better player and much harder to cover than Sanders. Dennard usually gets beat deep with bigger WRs who can out muscle him, not faster, smaller WRs.

The question will be answered next Sunday. D Thomas for his size is not exactly Mr Physical. A review of the archives of various Bronco boards makes that quite apparent.

It would not be shocking to see Kontradiction's strategy next Sunday.

So what do you suggest? Not showing up next time to the game because we had injuries? Bottom line is he torched us when it mattered and having film from the November game probably wasn't bad for him either.

I'm not even sure what you're on about to be honest, you call me stupid yet you think this pass D is elite 7 games in coming off a game @ home where Geno Smith looked like Steve Young and had one his best games in his career? Has Geno Smith even had a better game than last Thursdays?

Yeah

He played well against the Patriots last year. A review of the past 4 years of Jets/Patriots games in Foxboro show Patriot wins by 3/3/3/2 points. Is there something to conclude? Yeah....the first Patriots/Jets games tend to be close.

The Patriots are currently ranked #1 in pass defense. Obviously you are not aware of that.

Naturally, I'll await you ignorant response that revolves around excuses like:

Bad rush defense
Sucky opponents
Opponents not caring
ect...ect...ect....

If I were you, I'd go with rush defense.

Sanders vs Patriots
2010 5 catches, 9 targets, 41 yards, 1 TD
2011 5 catches, 8 targets, 70 yards
2013 6 catches, 11 targets, 98 yards

Good numbers but hardly a "torching". Of course Peyton > Ben so take these numbers for what they're worth.

The question will be answered next Sunday. D Thomas for his size is not exactly Mr Physical. A review of the archives of various Bronco boards makes that quite apparent.

It would not be shocking to see Kontradiction's strategy next Sunday.

D. Thomas does a double move on Browner and makes Browner not make contact at the line, Thomas will send him a post card from the end zone with a picture of him catching a TD. Thomas is too fast for Browner to cover on a consistent basis. it isn't about how physical he is. Browner is a bad match up for a fast WR because if he misses bumping a fast receiver on the line, he is useless because he cannot catch up to a guy like Thomas.

when Belicheck went out in FA this year, he did it with the intent to build a secondary to combat the Broncos.

I still say you put Revis on D. Thomas since he is the #1 receiver..no help. Dennard on Sanders with help over the top. Dennard is good enough to be a #2 WR. and Browner on J. Thomas to beat him up off the line

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Yeah

He played well against the Patriots last year. A review of the past 4 years of Jets/Patriots games in Foxboro show Patriot wins by 3/3/3/2 points. Is there something to conclude? Yeah....the first Patriots/Jets games tend to be close.

The Patriots are currently ranked #1 in pass defense. Obviously you are not aware of that.

Naturally, I'll await you ignorant response that revolves around excuses like:

Bad rush defense
Sucky opponents
Opponents not caring
ect...ect...ect....

If I were you, I'd go with rush defense.

1. Since you care about averages so much, not a single team we played this year ranks in the top 15 for passing yards per game. In fact, 4 teams we have played are ranked like this: 26th, 30th, 31st, 32nd. As Rob said, let's wait until they actually play a team who can consistently throw the ball well.

2. Our rush D does suck, not sure what that has to do with a passing defense discussion, though.

3. Opponents not caring? Not even sure what you mean by that or who even suggested it.

The #1 pass D sure didn't look that way vs Geno Smith, I'll say it again ... G E N O S M I T H

You should actually start watching the games instead of basing every argument off stats, in case you aren't aware ... stats are very misleading.

when Belicheck went out in FA this year, he did it with the intent to build a secondary to combat the Broncos.

I still say you put Revis on D. Thomas since he is the #1 receiver..no help. Dennard on Sanders with help over the top. Dennard is good enough to be a #2 WR. and Browner on J. Thomas to beat him up off the line

BINGO

The 2014 defense is designed to counter elite passing offenses.

BINGO

The 2014 defense is designed to counter elite passing offenses.

Well, it's pointless to talk about until we actually do play an elite passing offense if that's what you guys believe.

To be fair, he never exactly torched anybody until this year.

Exactly. He's a good WR. I wanted him here last year, but he's not who you key in on.

D. Thomas does a double move on Browner and makes Browner not make contact at the line, Thomas will send him a post card from the end zone with a picture of him catching a TD. Thomas is too fast for Browner to cover on a consistent basis. it isn't about how physical he is. Browner is a bad match up for a fast WR because if he misses bumping a fast receiver on the line, he is useless because he cannot catch up to a guy like Thomas.

There's a reason why Browner has had success in this league covering receivers like Demaryius in spite of not having speed, and that's because he's one of the longer and more physical corners in the league. A throwback. Browner is NOTORIOUSLY hard to get a release from, even on a double move. If Demaryius does get a release, he has a Pro Bowl safety ready to contest a pass. You're right that Revis is more physically equipped to deal with Thomas, but I would use him on Sanders first and experiment with Browner/McCourty on Thomas before switching Revis. Like I said, if my game plan in the back end works, the Broncos are average at best, dead in the water at worst. It would also make it so that Chung or whomever else plays safety opposite McCourty can live in the box to either help with Julius Thomas or to provide run support.

Yet somehow it's the top pass defense in the league.

Again, they haven't faced a top tier QB/offense yet. Most of us here are cautiously optimistic about the secondary. Last game they let geno smith march on them.

Again, they haven't faced a top tier QB/offense yet. Most of us here are cautiously optimistic about the secondary. Last game they let geno smith march on them.
Can we please stop this bull. In the short week they had the second worst case scenario happen in losing Mayo. Losing any other player other than Brady would have been better. See how they do this week before crucifying them. You think the Patriots would have been able to move down the field at will against whatever team has the 32nd rated pass defense if TB12 was out? Why are we expecting the team to be able to magically continue chugging along when we lost the guy that calls the defensive plays 4 days prior to the match up. Last year Hightower said that while he knew that he would call plays when Mayo is not there, he was not expected to know how to change plays initially.

However, my guess is that you will not read any of the above, and continue in the campaign of "our defense sucks!!?!" and nothing anyone says will ever change your mind. Therefore, carry on.

Different teams, different game plan. The game plan against the Jets was a ****ty, ****ified one. I doubt Belichick is worried about Manning busting loose for 20 yard scrambles so we'll probably see a lot more man to man.

Different teams, different game plan. The game plan against the Jets was a ****ty, ****ified one. I doubt Belichick is worried about Manning busting loose for 20 yard scrambles so we'll probably see a lot more man to man.

A ****ty, ****ified, scared game plan than won us the game.

I hear Rex Ryan likes to play an aggressive, non-****ified, un-****ty game plan on defense.

And as is often the case (or more often than you'd think), I would probably agree with the gist of what you are saying if you werent using such judgemental rhetoric.

My homer take is that nothing Beluchick does is ****ty, ****ified or scared.. even when he succeeds in less a dramatic fashion than we were hoping for.

Last edited:
A ****ty, ****ified, scared game plan than won us the game.

I hear Rex Ryan likes to play an aggressive, non-****ified, un-****ty game plan on defense.

And as is often the case (or more often than you'd think), I would probably agree with what you are saying without the judgemental use of perjorative rhetoric which is what sticks in my graw.

We won the game mostly because of the offense... not because of the defense. More than midway through the third, the Patriots began to press the Jets' receivers more and the result was the first punt all game with just over a minute remaining. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think the sign of good defense is forcing the first punt almost into the fourth quarter. Particularly when you're playing the Jets. Anyway, we continued that through most of the fourth and the Jets were dead in the water. Then we switched back to more off man and zone looks and the result was a near loss. As for the perjorative rhetoric, I'm not attacking anybody. I'm attacking the game plan. If you're that sensitive, perhaps it's time to put me on ignore.

We won the game mostly because of the offense... not because of the defense. More than midway through the third, the Patriots began to press the Jets' receivers more and the result was the first punt all game with just over a minute remaining. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think the sign of good defense is forcing the first punt almost into the fourth quarter. Particularly when you're playing the Jets. Anyway, we continued that through most of the fourth and the Jets were dead in the water. Then we switched back to more off man and zone looks and the result was a near loss. As for the perjorative rhetoric, I'm not attacking anybody. I'm attacking the game plan. If you're that sensitive, perhaps it's time to put me on ignore.

That sensitive?

This coming from a poster than cried personal attack because I once called you an objective critic.

And I wasnt attacking you, I was criticizing your ****ty choice of words.

That sensitive?

This coming from a poster than cried personal attack because I once called you an objective critic.

And I wasnt attacking you, I was criticizing your ****ty choice of words.

And now the pot is calling the kettle black. You should heed your own words in your previous post. But my "****ty choice of words" isn't what prompted your original response to me. It can't be because my choice of words were absolutely apt when it comes to the defensive gameplan against the Jets. I have a feeling it was something else that I posted in another thread because, otherwise, this is way too random and you're reaching way too much. So, pray tell, what was it that prompted you to engage me in a pissing contest unprovoked?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back