PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos-Chargers

If Denver doesn't get to the Super Bowl, Manning will probably deserve a ton of blame. They're clearly a full step above anyone else in the AFC and much better than New England, Indianapolis, Cincinnati or Baltimore right now.

What is crazy is that is shows how a single play or two can change to outcome of a game. The big difference in this game was the defense of the Donkeys. They shut down the run game and Rivers was required to be perfect to keep the game close -and he was not. This Donkeys team is better than last years team without question.

This game sets the Pats game up perfectly for Denver. 10 days to prepare. They did not get beat up at all by either the 49ers or the Chargers. The weather is going to be warm (compared to last year!) in Foxboro. The Denver game is the last "hard" game for them, while it is the first of a string of hard games for the Pats. Will be interesting!

If Denver doesn't get to the Super Bowl, Manning will probably deserve a ton of blame. They're clearly a full step above anyone else in the AFC and much better than New England, Indianapolis, Cincinnati or Baltimore right now.

The Colts seems to be up there right now, although that could change. I'm a Colts fan but I'm not really sold on the defense yet. I mean they are putting up unbelievable stats in the last couple weeks, for example they lead the NFL in 3rd down D by far with 26% and one of the best teams at putting pressure on opposing QB's without Mathis.

And the offense is even better, I think Denver got the first place now after their last two scoring games but the Colts has to be in the top 3 in most offensive category, probably first in TD's and yards. What can definitely give you guys hope is the fact that the Pats is matching up well with both teams so I could see them beating those two teams in January.

Certainly my Colts unless we can keep that amazing pace up on both sides of the ball. We never really did so until it happens it's hard to envision. We never had teams that were elite on both sides of the ball and last year's squad was so Jekyll & Hyde, similar to the Pats this season.

What is crazy is that is shows how a single play or two can change to outcome of a game. The big difference in this game was the defense of the Donkeys. They shut down the run game and Rivers was required to be perfect to keep the game close -and he was not. This Donkeys team is better than last years team without question.

This game sets the Pats game up perfectly for Denver. 10 days to prepare. They did not get beat up at all by either the 49ers or the Chargers. The weather is going to be warm (compared to last year!) in Foxboro. The Denver game is the last "hard" game for them, while it is the first of a string of hard games for the Pats. Will be interesting!

I think it will be a close game, similar to last year's but of course with different pacing. I have a feeling the Pats will win. At times they looked lethargic this season but they started to figure things out in the last couple weeks. Gronkowski should have a big game. I wouldn't mind a tie game. :D

why won't media talk about the refs besides PFT? Morning shows have the king as the best.... we should all quit guys...we have no shot according to what they are saying

Fumble reverse call changed the game. That's at least a 7 point swing, more likely a 10 point swing, but could have been a 14 point swing.

It's embarrassing for the NFL. They have the system in place to make the right calls, but the people in charge of making these calls are not capable.

I love how these networks now have experienced referees with them during broadcast and give the fans a better understanding of what the refs should be looking for.

This is not the first time Carey has disagreed with refs after replays. It's one thing if you have Simms disagreeing with a ruling, but with a former ref applying language in the rulebook on why it should be called a certain way, it's refreshing and gives fan a more solid platform when they complain about missed calls.

I want to see the Broncos on the road. They only have three home games left this season and thus far their offense hasn't traveled well on the road. They have three or four tough road games (NE, KC, SD, and Cincy in late December). The next three games are road games. They also have the Rams on the road who showed last week that they can beat a top team at home.

I want to see the Broncos on the road. They only have three home games left this season and thus far their offense hasn't traveled well on the road. They have three or four tough road games (NE, KC, SD, and Cincy in late December). The next three games are road games. They also have the Rams on the road who showed last week that they can beat a top team at home.

Rams and OAK will be easy for them IMO. That rams team got very lucky vs seattle with the fake punt and throw on 4th. They punt that ball and seattle wins

Fumble reverse call changed the game. That's at least a 7 point swing, more likely a 10 point swing, but could have been a 14 point swing.

It's embarrassing for the NFL. They have the system in place to make the right calls, but the people in charge of making these calls are not capable.

I love how these networks now have experience referees with them during broadcast and give the fans a better understanding of what the refs should be looking for.

It wasn't just that call. The Manning INT was overturned by a ticky tack holding call where the Chargers defender did far less holding on Welker than the Broncos did on Gates all night. And last night may have been the first time I have ever seen a QB throw an INT, draw a roughing the passer penalty, and not have the INT negated by penalty because it happened after the INT. The Broncos scored 14 points off those two calls.

Rams and OAK will be easy for them IMO. That rams team got very lucky vs seattle with the fake punt and throw on 4th. They punt that ball and seattle wins

The Rams can be dangerous because Fisher is gambling now. That could really make then a wild card, but it should be a game that the Broncos win. In Oakland is a win for the Broncos.

The other four games could be potential losses. The weather could be an issue in NE, Cincy, and KC.

It wasn't just that call. The Manning INT was overturned by a ticky tack holding call where the Chargers defender did far less holding on Welker than the Broncos did on Gates all night. And last night may have been the first time I have ever seen a QB throw an INT, draw a roughing the passer penalty, and not have the INT negated by penalty because it happened after the INT. The Broncos scored 14 points off those two calls.

That roughing the passer penalty I thought should have negated that INT. I was confused why neither Simms or Nance said anything about it.

It was a hard game to watch with all the ticky-tack penalties.

The Rams can be dangerous because Fisher is gambling now. That could really make then a wild card, but it should be a game that the Broncos win. In Oakland is a win for the Broncos.

The other four games could be potential losses. The weather could be an issue in NE, Cincy, and KC.

Long range for Nov 2nd is fine for now...why no snow...

I don't care about the cold or rain or snow. It is the wind in Foxboro that screws with Manning. Too early to know how windy it will be. That is what hurt him last time. You throw ducks like him, they float in the wind.

I don't care about the cold or rain or snow. It is the wind in Foxboro that screws with Manning. Too early to know how windy it will be. That is what hurt him last time. You throw ducks like him, they float in the wind.

I wanted their game to be playing in dec...but that was never going to happen

Maybe it's best to wait till after they play.

The reality is the NFL is all about matchups.

Had anybody really studied last year's game, it would be obvious that without the 17 points spotted to Denver on turnovers; the game was a pretty good beat down.

Also, for all the talk of run defense, it begs to ask how they could replicate last year's Moreno performance and what good it did on the scoreboard and............the fact that that game saw Manning's lowest yards per play average in several years.

Has the Denver offense found they now match up better against our secondary?

One thing interesting to note is Eric Davis noted on NFL AM Wednesday that on Sunday, there were plays to be made by the 49ers. Where will that defense be against someone who will actually make them?

to be fair, I think we have a good chance to beat Manning and the broncos.

1. We will be the best secondary next to seattle that Denver has faced all year. While Jones is a loss, hitting manning and getting to him isnt the best way to beat him since he gets the ball out too fast. Coverage and changing coverages is how to beat Manning. and we have a pretty healthy secondary thus far:

Revis, Browner, Dennard, ryan, arrington to put on their wr's, TE's. Mccourty at safety. No other teams they have faced other than seattle have had that kind of secondary talent. I would go

Revis-D. THomas
Browner - J. Thomas
Dennard - E. Sanders
Arrington - W. Welker

2. It is in Foxboro, so hopefully we wont see all of this ticky tack calls go the broncos way.

3. The broncos weakness appears to be against Tight ends....luckily we have one of the best in the game in Rob Gronkowski, and another pretty solid one in Tim wright.. I expect we will be exploiting them down the seam all game.

1. We will be the best secondary next to seattle that Denver has faced all year. While Jones is a loss, hitting manning and getting to him isnt the best way to beat him since he gets the ball out too fast. Coverage and changing coverages is how to beat Manning. and we have a pretty healthy secondary thus far:

Revis, Browner, Dennard, ryan, arrington to put on their wr's, TE's. Mccourty at safety. No other teams they have faced other than seattle have had that kind of secondary talent. I would go

Revis-D. THomas
Browner - J. Thomas
Dennard - E. Sanders
Arrington - W. Welker

2. It is in Foxboro, so hopefully we wont see all of this ticky tack calls go the broncos way.

3. The broncos weakness appears to be against Tight ends....luckily we have one of the best in the game in Rob Gronkowski, and another pretty solid one in Tim wright.. I expect we will be exploiting them down the seam all game.

This is good stuff.

For years, Pittsburgh fans could never figure out why their elite defense always got hammered when they played the Patriots. After all, they were "elite". What they never truly appreciated is a defense set up to statistically dominate the dregs of the league doesn't mean they were built to handle an elite offense.

The reality is this secondary and defense is more designed to handle the Denver/Green Bay/San Diego's of the world.

Revis-D. THomas
Browner - J. Thomas
Dennard - E. Sanders
Arrington - W. Welker

Everyone things you have to pressure Manning a lot to beat him. You beat him by throwing off the timing patterns of their receivers. The Chargers did a good job of it last night until they lost Verrett and were forced to start two back up CBs. Verrett was doing a good job bumping his guy off the route. After he went out, the lesser CBs got burnt doing it (badly in one case for an easy TD) so they went to more off coverages where Manning thrives. The Chargers were throwing off the passing game of the Broncos early without pressuring Manning all that much. That is what the Pats have to do.

I think that Revis, Browner, Dennard, and Arrington will be playing a lot of bump and run next Sunday. I would key in on the two Thomases and Sanders. Welker is an after thought at this point. This is the type of game why the brought in Revis and Browner.

I won't even mind if Browner or Dennard get a few holding calls beating up the Broncos receivers on the line. That is the way to beat them and I would gladly take a 5 yard penalty than a 30 yard reception.

I will say this about the Broncos, they don't need help from the refs. That's a stacked team.

If Peyton does not win the SB this year, he will never win another one.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back