PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos-Chargers

Denvers D is very good..much better then last year...15 sacks between ware and miller? If that isn't legit then i don't know what is right now.
It's a good defense no doubt but I feel it's getting a little overrated at this point.

I hate to say it, but I think their D is better equipped to deal with a Talib injury than our's was.

Their defense is better than anything we've had in a long time (including this year.)
No just no.

It's a good defense no doubt but I feel it's getting a little overrated at this point.

SD has a pretty good O. Rivers is on fire this year. If they shut them down tonight...then it will say a lot

The Pats have a better pass defense, the Broncos' run defense is far superior. You can pass on the Broncos. You can pass for big plays on the Broncos. The Pats haven't been giving up big passing plays this year.

In fact, I can think of two huge passing plays that the 49ers blew with wide open receivers who dropped the ball. There was a play where Vernon Davis was wide open up the seam without a receiver within five yards of him and he dropped a ball right into his bread basket. Another play had Boldin wide open on a crossing route right outside the end zone that he dropped which would have been an easy TD. The 49er offense had the opportunity early to exploit their defense big time, but shot themselves in the foot. Later in the game they forced Kaepernick to be a gun slinger and he sucks at that.

This is just not true at all. Broncos have a better pass defense than the Pats do. You're going simply by yards per game allowed which doesn't take a few things into consideration.

Why pass on the Pats when you can easily run it with a lot of success?

Broncos' pass D has a lower QB rating allowed. They give up fewer yards per play. They get to the QB much more often than we do. There is just no way our defense can be considered better in any way at this point.

They're also much better at getting off the field on 3rd down.

If we're going to play the "this receiver dropped an easy catch" game then just look at the Bengals game. Bengals receivers were dropping crucial 3rd down passes that were extremely catchable.

Either way should be a good game. On a short week anything can happen, as it almost did, last Thursday. :rolleyes:

Ya i meant AFC champ game no matter what would be in denver yet again if they make it that far. If everyone stays healthy..they should be able too..
Cant wait for Talib to hit the bench with that smirk on his face with an injured pinky finger midway through the 1st.

Something to keep in mind, Peyton hasn't won playoff games in consecutive seasons since 2003-2004. That will be 10 years ago by the time the playoffs come around. I think he's only won playoffs games in consecutive seasons once lol. This is who some people have crowned the GOAT.

Something to keep in mind, Peyton hasn't won playoff games in consecutive seasons since 2003-2004. That will be 10 years ago by the time the playoffs come around. I think he's only won playoffs games in consecutive seasons once lol. This is who some people have crowned the GOAT.

We all know he's a failure in the postseason. Elway knows this too. That's why he surrounded him with offensive weapons, and more importantly a defense - so that the team doesn't have to rely on this choke artist come playoff time.

remember, this is patsfans where "everything pats BAD!!, Everything other team has Better, best!!"

we even had bedard saying he would take talib over revis. really? i'm still waiting for the inevitable talib injury

we even had bedard saying he would take talib over revis. really? i'm still waiting for the inevitable talib injury

Talib has been more consistent this year i think..that's why they he picked him up until this point

Hopefully the Chargers can run the ball tonight and play keep away from Peyton. They need to control TOP. I don't think they are going to win a shootout tonight.

Hopefully the Chargers can run the ball tonight and play keep away from Peyton. They need to control TOP. I don't think they are going to win a shootout tonight.

Rivers can certainly get in a shootout with teams..but if Broncos get pressure like they have been this year..it will be very tough

I don't know why it's tough for some of you to admit that Denver is the best team currently in the NFL. 5-1 record with a great offense and the defense better than last year. Sure the teams theyve played have been plagued by injuries, but I go by my eyes and they're executing and playing well.

This is just not true at all. Broncos have a better pass defense than the Pats do. You're going simply by yards per game allowed which doesn't take a few things into consideration.

Why pass on the Pats when you can easily run it with a lot of success?

Broncos' pass D has a lower QB rating allowed. They give up fewer yards per play. They get to the QB much more often than we do. There is just no way our defense can be considered better in any way at this point.

They're also much better at getting off the field on 3rd down.

If we're going to play the "this receiver dropped an easy catch" game then just look at the Bengals game. Bengals receivers were dropping crucial 3rd down passes that were extremely catchable.

If you watched their games, their stats are a bit misleading. Their QB rating is a bit skewed because of garbage time numbers like a pick six on Geno Smith with 15 second left in the game. Stupid/lucky picks against Luck (one bounced out the receiver's hand right into the Broncos and the other was just a dumb throw by Luck). Also, playing Drew Stanton and his back up helped (Stanton has the 32nd best QB rating in the league, worse than any QB the Pats have played).

Plus the Broncos have played less games so one great statistical performance like vs. the Cards counts more. And because the ratings are not diametrically different, we have to wait until after the bye when we are comparing apple to apples to see.

I am basing it on the games I watched (I saw Denver vs. Seattle, Indy, San Fran, and a lot of the other games on the Red Zone. Judging from my eyes, the Pats' pass defense is better. I am not saying worlds better, but better.

We all know he's a failure in the postseason. Elway knows this too. That's why he surrounded him with offensive weapons, and more importantly a defense - so that the team doesn't have to rely on this choke artist come playoff time.

His offensive weapons were arguably better last year (Decker and Sanders are almost a wash, Welker is declining, and their running game is worse) and their defense was good in the playoffs last year. It didn't help.

Chargers lost to the Chiefs at home and barely beat the raiders who put points up on them. So denver should roll tonite .But SD is a weird team so who knows.

I don't know why it's tough for some of you to admit that Denver is the best team currently in the NFL. 5-1 record with a great offense and the defense better than last year. Sure the teams theyve played have been plagued by injuries, but I go by my eyes and they're executing and playing well.

They can get after the QB and making a ton of plays on O with those guys...that will have you at the top a lot of the time

His offensive weapons were arguably better last year (Decker and Sanders are almost a wash, Welker is declining, and their running game is worse) and their defense was good in the playoffs last year. It didn't help.
They still have a top 3 offense, but what improved them more as a team is the defense they revamped. Like I stated before, I think they're peaking too early but as things stand in the young season their one if not the best team in the league.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back