PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos-Chargers

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
i hate rivers but man i hope they have a chance in this one. Gotta win this to have shot at division with losing last week....but i am picking broncos by 17..maybe more

I USED to hate Rivers but then I looked at Brady from an opposing fan's perspective and tolerated Rivers in-your-face competitiveness better. Go Bolts!

My man Danny Woodhead will run....Oh, never mind.

Yet another game where the Broncos luck out and face an injury depleted quality opponent. I am beginning to think they will win the Super Bowl because luck is certainly on their side this year. Every time they face someone good, they either go into the game without key players or lose them early in the game.

So far the only significant players the Broncos have lost are Danny Travathan (big loss) and Monte Ball (mediocre with a back up who is better than him).

Broncos are going to kill the Chargers hope I'm wrong

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
Yet another game where the Broncos luck out and face an injury depleted quality opponent. I am beginning to think they will win the Super Bowl because luck is certainly on their side this year. Every time they face someone good, they either go into the game without key players or lose them early in the game.

I still think the Chargers can win this game. They're definitely banged up, but they're as talented as any team Denver has faced this year and are coming off of a bitter loss. This should be one of the better TNF games in the last few years.

I want SD to win but It's most likely going to be Denver. They're good at home and playing well on both sides of the ball right now. People are really underestimating their defense.

I want SD to win but It's most likely going to be Denver. They're good at home and playing well on both sides of the ball right now. People are really underestimating their defense.

Yep. Their defense is playing well. But I'm still awaiting the inevitable Talib hip injury. It might not happen until the playoffs, but it will happen.

Go Chargers!
cheerleaders.jpg

I still think the Chargers can win this game. They're definitely banged up, but they're as talented as any team Denver has faced this year and are coming off of a bitter loss. This should be one of the better TNF games in the last few years.

I still think they can win too. I still maintain that the Broncos are overrated. I didn't find their win over the 49ers nearly as impressive as other people did. Yes, they dominated, but the 49ers are not the quality opponent that people make them out to be and the 49ers used a defensive gameplan that plays right into the Broncos' strengths (a lot of soft zones to try to keep the game in front of them, playing CBs 5-10 yards off the line, and when they played on the line had them backing off the line off the snap rather than playing press coverage).

If the Chargers play a lot of press man, I think they can slow down the Broncos. I think they can exploit the Broncos with Gates up the seam.

I agree that this will be one of the better Thursday night football games we have had in awhile. Kinda of concerned for the Chargers as they have some key players on injury yet are going against a tough opponent. Kinda of like what happen last week with the 49ers.

I think Philip is awesome and I hope that he can help lead the team to victory. He's a very good QB and an even better role model.

Edited the can't to can. Typing from an iPad can be irritating sometimes.

Last edited:
Yep. Their defense is playing well. But I'm still awaiting the inevitable Talib hip injury. It might not happen until the playoffs, but it will happen.

I hate to say it, but I think their D is better equipped to deal with a Talib injury than our's was.

Their defense is better than anything we've had in a long time (including this year.)

So far the only significant players the Broncos have lost are Danny Travathan (big loss) and Monte Ball (mediocre with a back up who is better than him).

Yup. I was just pointing this out to someone

Robert Mathis, Jamaal Charles, Carson Palmer, Darnell Dockett, Aldon Smith, Novarro Bowman, Patrick Willis, Brandon Flowers, Danny Woodhead, Ryan Matthews,

Next week we'll have our 2 best defensive players out (not named Revis): Chandler Jones and Mayo. Meanwhile their 2 best players on D lead the league in sacks.

I'm sure we all won't be surprised if Talib goes down. But with our luck, watch him stay perfectly healthy all year long.

I hate to say it, but I think their D is better equipped to deal with a Talib injury than our's was.

Their defense is better than anything we've had in a long time (including this year.)
I think they're peaking too early both offensively and defensively, but they sure look like the best team in the league (don't trust the Cowboys yet) currently

I think they're peaking too early both offensively and defensively, but they sure look like the best team in the league (don't trust the Cowboys yet) currently

I don't know. Same could have been said about Denver and Seattle last year. Everyone expected them to be in the SB before the season even started. They got off to very good starts and never looked back.

A Dallas vs Denver SB would not surprise me. If Denver does win it this year, it won't be because of Forehead though. Media would give him all the credit - which would be annoying - but if they win it will be because of that defense.

The Pats have a better pass defense, the Broncos' run defense is far superior. You can pass on the Broncos. You can pass for big plays on the Broncos. The Pats haven't been giving up big passing plays this year.

In fact, I can think of two huge passing plays that the 49ers blew with wide open receivers who dropped the ball. There was a play where Vernon Davis was wide open up the seam without a receiver within five yards of him and he dropped a ball right into his bread basket. Another play had Boldin wide open on a crossing route right outside the end zone that he dropped which would have been an easy TD. The 49er offense had the opportunity early to exploit their defense big time, but shot themselves in the foot. Later in the game they forced Kaepernick to be a gun slinger and he sucks at that.

One good thing for the Pats, the Broncos have not been a good road team thus far this season. They have only had two road games thus far. Against the Seahawks, they went three quarters without a TD. Against the Jets, they were forced to punt 8 of their 12 drives (four of those drives were for negative yards and three others went for less than 20 yards).

you mean like when the pats played the Vikes without Adrian Peterson??

you mean like when the pats played the Vikes without Adrian Peterson??

Every team has a game or two against depleted teams. The Broncos seem to have almost every game against a depleted team. Both the Cards and 49ers lost 3-5 starters on their defense either before the game or early in the game against them (plus the Cards were down to their third string QB in the second half).

Yes, the Pats faced the Vikes without Peterson (so have every team who have played the Vikes after week one), but you really can't point to another team that they faced with a lot of starters out or one of their biggest starters.

I'm torn. I want San Diego to win, but a broncos loss would mean an angry peyton manning next week.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back