PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos are going to get killed in the SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how they'll get killed. Maybe we should acknowledge that they're pretty good. The pats had all their weapons and still lost. The broncos are simply tougher this year, as evidence by all the close games they have won with both Manning and Osweiler. They have the correct formula to be champ. Newton can be shut down, the falcons have proven that.

By what measure did the Pats have 'all their weapons? I'd call missing your starting left tackle, your two starting RBs and having your top two LBs and your top 3 receivers at less than optimum health not exactly 'all their weapns'. And yet Denver escaped by the skin of their teeth and a missed XP from a guy who hadn't missed on in more than 500 attempts AT HOME.

Carolina is going to roll them.

i agree. But so is Denvers Defense.

Lets say Von spies him again. They go man to man coverage.

Who is going to get separation? Ted Ginn Maybe? They literally tripled covered Gronk yesterday at times...

Denver will lose if their Offense struggles. But i dont see CAR offense actually threatening anybody on the defensive side of the ball.
Carolina will roll them.

This matchup reminds me of the 2013 BCS National Championship game between ND and Bama. ND went undefeated, playing ugly all year and squeaking by bad teams through sheer dumb luck. People talked about how it was their year. And then they ran into the Alabama buzz saw and got embarrassed.

Another thing you guys overlook is the extremely potent home field advantage the Panthers' enjoyed this year. On a neutral field, things could be different. They are balling out of their minds in the playoffs but it's such a tiny sample size of two home games. Based on the regular season stats these two teams were extremely close and the Broncos had a superior defense. It wasn't just attacking the QB, if I remember the stats correctly they were elite on all three fronts, stopping the run, against the pass and on special teams as well. That's a very, very good defense.
Unlike the home field advantage the Broncos had, amirite?

I really don't give a ****.......but I guess Carolina winning would be best........destroy manning in the SB again, and Cam NEwton will become so full of himself, he will just explode

Or ban the arrogent tool with 80 posts.

Or you could just not participate in things you don't like...and learn how to spell insults if you're going to fling them at people.

i agree. But so is Denvers Defense.

Lets say Von spies him again. They go man to man coverage.

Who is going to get separation? Ted Ginn Maybe? They literally tripled covered Gronk yesterday at times...

Denver will lose if their Offense struggles. But i dont see CAR offense actually threatening anybody on the defensive side of the ball.
Weren't you done with football?

Nailed
The NY Cat Lady owns the Broncos????????????

catwoman-Plastic-Surgery-Before-and-After.jpg
Nailed it! :D

People are talking about the Denver defense and how they will play versus the Carolina offense. Think of the things Carolina brings to the game the Pats could not: #1 - Running game; #2 - deep passing threats; #3 - a QB that will be part of the running game and an elusive one at that. On the flip side, we could say the Carolina defense is as good, if not better than the Patriots defense and if the Patriots defense could do what it did against Manning and crew this past Sunday, well "here's your sign.".

I admit, I was a "Carolina is a fraud" guy all year. After watching these last 2 weeks, where they RUN to get up, then RUN some more? God damn. I don't think Denver has the chops to slow down Cam and Stewart. Yes, Denver has an incredible defense, but they aren't exactly set up to stop a run based offense. Nobody is. Carolina is the exact opposite of our offense. They run to establish the run. While taking the lead, with the run game. While chewing up the 30 minutes to go, running the ball. While finishing the last 4 minutes, running the ball. Rex Ryan doesn t need pictures of feet when he's rubbing one out to Carolina film..."GROUND AND POUND!"

Fraud is not the right word. They are no doubt playing great and to this point have proved they are the best team in the NFL so far this season. But, look at all the good bounces they got this season. Very few serious injuries and players on IR, one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this season, pulled out some wins with late game miracles even against lower tier teams. It happens. They played in the NFC South and what is surprising is that is not being used against them like folks use the AFC East against the Pats. 'nuff said!

you might to go look at the last time Denver played Carolina.

That was 4 years ago and the Panthers were a 7-9 team. This Panthers team is way better. However, none of that matters for this game. I'll be curious to see how loose Cam plays in the SB on a neutral field.

OK I still need some convincing here. Who have the Panthers played this season that was any good? Aside from the (2) playoff teams? Can we do a SOS here?

People have been waiting for denver to fall all year. They are now in the SB, people are still waiting, people are still doubting. I expect denvers defense to keep them in it. Its up to their offense to make just enough plays to win. This is the formula to how denver has been winning all year. Ill be picking the panthers to win but I'm not counting denver out. I have alot of respect for that defense after seeing them ***** slap us first hand.

Yes, Denver survived the season and is in the SB. IMHO, their whole season turned when the Pats limped into Denver and lost that OT game. Denver benefited from the injury turnstile the Patriots endured to end the season. It caught up to them in the game Sunday with another o-line disaster and no running game. The Denver defense will be their key to win SB 50.

The grapes are so sour in this thread. As most Super Bowls, the game will most likely be close and there is very little chance that the best defense in football is getting blown out. Could happen, sure, but predicting it makes as much sense as you guys predicting an easy victory at a place where you were 1-5 in your previous six games and where you already lost once this season. The Panthers are probably the favorites but the Broncos have the much better, more versatile defense between the two teams. That alone could go a long way.

The difference is Carolina has ALL of their offensive weapons intact and their o-line is much better than the Pats. Denver did not have to worry about a running QB, a running game and a deep threat. It is easy to pack the o-line when you know the opponent can't run or go deep.

The NFC has been better since 2009

2009 AFC 36 wins, NFC 29
2010 AFC 34, NFC 31
2014 AFC 34, NFC 31, 1 tie

If the Broncos can pull off a victory in the SB in two weeks the AFC will have won 3 out of the last 4 LomBrady's

Not going to hate on the Broncos because they beat us ... however ...

I hope it's close ... less than 10 ... don't want them killed it will ruin the game but I do hope they lose.

You only want it close so you can pay attention to the entire game to watch all the Super Bowl commercials! It's not about the game, it is the commercials!!!! ;)

OK I still need some convincing here. Who have the Panthers played this season that was any good? Aside from the (2) playoff teams? Can we do a SOS here?

Well, don't the two playoff teams they played count? I mean they destroyed the two-time defending NFC champion Seahawks (the game was not nearly as close as the final score indicated), and they annihilated the 2nd best team in the NFL, Arizona. Combined score: 80-40.

I think both Seattle and Arizona are better than Denver. This doesn't automatically mean Carolina will crush Denver (though I think they will). Because it's the NFL and all kinds of things can happen. But Carolina is simply a better team than Denver. By a wide margin, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back