PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos are going to get killed in the SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between the Pats going into Denver, a mile above sea level and a place where we NEVER have success, and the Panthers going into a neutral site field. The Panthers are 17-1 and have dominated the best defenses across the league.

Basically there was no logical reason to be optimistic about the Patriots going into Denver. There are many logical reasons to be optimistic about the Panthers.

Not to get too nitpicky, but this is the second time that I've heard how the Panthers dominated the best defenses in the league. I think a correction is in order. They played 6 games against Atlanta, TB and NO, 4 against the NFCE and 4 against the AFCS. The only elite defense that they played was Seattles and the combined record of all of their opponents so far has been 126-154.

OK I still need some convincing here. Who have the Panthers played this season that was any good? Aside from the (2) playoff teams? Can we do a SOS here?
I hear ya I felt the same way. I picked them to lose their first two playoff games. I wouldn't again. If I was a Panther fan I wouldn't love that Seattle got back in that game...but they have run up 30 pt leads in both playoff games. Maybe they didn't beat enough quality opponents or whatever, but they whipped almost everyone on their schedule and only lost one division game. Im sure we could debate SOS but it wouldn't make them any less of a buzzsaw right now. They're physical on the lines, they run it well, Cam isn't doing anything wrong, and the D makes big plays. I'm sold. (Not on the BLOWOUT, but on them being for real yes.)

I think the blowout prediction is based as much on SB48 as anything going on now. Denver is a very different team offensively but the game has some of the same looks - mobile young QB, good running team, big play defense goimg against Manning, etc. Denver D will need to play just as well as it did this week, maybe better.

Edit: also I would like to see Carolina win big and for Cam to do his "dab" dance thing so I can enjoy all the hot takes of sports writers about him being a clown or angry moms writing letters asking for him to be banned from nfl

Last edited:
I really don't give a ****.......but I guess Carolina winning would be best........destroy manning in the SB again, and Cam NEwton will become so full of himself, he will just explode

Cam Newton was full of himself before he ever took a snap in the NFL.

If the game were being played next Sunday I'd bet the house (figuratively) on the Panthers. BUT... sometimes weird things happen when teams have to go through the two week layoff and the media scrutiny of the SB. I wouldn't dismiss the Broncos' chances of pulling this game out.

but as of yet, he has not exploded.....he will

The only time I saw him play tight was when he was going for 15-0 and lost to Atlanta, so it's a possibility he might blow up in the SB.

The only time I saw him play tight was when he was going for 15-0 and lost to Atlanta, so it's a possibility he might blow up in the SB.

I think he's going to win....offensively he will do it single handedly, he will be the MVP he will go to Disney.....he will then go on a 9 day binge of undetermined contraband.......his body will be stuck in a 6 day dab-twerk thing which will require hip-replacement

Broncos fans now claiming that their team has an advantage in this game because of their "SB experience."

Their SB experience consists of appearing in 1 SB in the last 17 years, which turned out to be an ass whooping of epic proportions to the tune of 43-8.

Their only player with a SB ring is Peyton, who was carried to his lone championship by his defense and run game. This is also a QB who has thrown a pick 6 in each of his SB appearances, and is 1-3.

LOL "SB experience." These geeks want to be like us so badly.

Against AFC teams the panthers haven't been that dominant, so denver has all the reason in the world to be confident. On a neutral site i would pick the pats to beat them. Newton is too full of himself to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Broncos fans now claiming that their team has an advantage in this game because of their "SB experience."

Their SB experience consists of appearing in 1 SB in the last 17 years, which turned out to be an ass whooping of epic proportions to the tune of 43-8.

Their only player with a SB ring is Peyton, who was carried to his lone championship by his defense and run game. This is also a QB who has thrown a pick 6 in each of his SB appearances, and is 1-3.

LOL "SB experience." These geeks want to be like us so badly.
Correction, he will be 1-3 in 11 days.

We've already seen Jerome Bettis and Ray Lewis end their careers as champs, wouldn't surprise me to see Manning ride off into the sunset as a champ. It's what Goodell wants.

Newton is a 5 year vet who has had a significant role in turning around one of the most decrepit franchises in the league. In college he took one of the most high profile football programs in the nation to a victory in the National Championship. His teammates look up to him, his region loves him, and he's currently the most talented QB under the age of 32. People talk about how Brady has done amazing things with less talent around him then anyone. Well, starting this season the Panthers had perhaps the WORST receiving threats in the league. They had Greg Olsen and that's it. Somehow he elevated the talent around him that Ted freaking Ginn Jr had better stats this year alone than the rest of his career all combined. His team just went 17-1, including blowing out the team with the second best record in the league in the championship game. Ever since he's been in the league he's been nothing but a class act off the field, involving himself deeply with both charitable organizations and the NFLs own Play 60 campaign to get children active. On the field he displays many of the zany fun antics that we would love if someone like Gronk did while putting up MVP numbers in every statistical category.

But please, tell me how he doesn't take the game seriously and is just a player waiting to implode.

And how the hell do people think that the pressure is all on the Panthers? The Panthers came from the expectations of being a .500 team this year. They play every single game loose, and pardon the cliche, but like they're just having fun out there. Do you see their sideline photos at the end of the game? They don't give a f.uck. Manning on the other hand knows that this is it, his last shot at glory. He always pukes on himself in situations like this. John Elway knows that this is his last shot at getting the team near a title. He's spent so much capital over the past 4 years, investing everything into this short window. of opportunity. He either wins in 2 weeks or it was all a complete waste.

Last edited:
Denver has a good a chance as Carolina. Davis is injured plus denver is going to play loose with house money. Pressure is on carolina. I wasnt in this country and didnt know anything about american football in 1997 but from what I have read/heard, packers vs broncos was also assumed to be a similar mismatch.Didnt turn out that way.

Denver has a good a chance as Carolina. Davis is injured plus denver is going to play loose with house money. Pressure is on carolina. I wasnt in this country and didnt know anything about american football in 1997 but from what I have read/heard, packers vs broncos was also assumed to be a similar mismatch.Didnt turn out that way.

Davis will play.

As far as the pressure being on Carolina, they've handled pressure all season long. They look like a tight group who are relaxed and just having fun while dominating teams - including two of the best teams in the league in the last two games.

We've already seen Jerome Bettis and Ray Lewis end their careers as champs, wouldn't surprise me to see Manning ride off into the sunset as a champ. It's what Goodell wants.
No, Goodell wants to hand off to the new hotness that they can market for the next decade.

Peyton will /never/ play a SB 'loose'.

lets all pray that Peyton will be the 1st QB to win a SB with 2 different teams

#GottaRespectHisSwag

lets all pray that Peyton will be the 1st QB to win a SB with 2 different teams

#GottaRespectHisSwag

Anyone who needed a rules change to get a Super Bowl gets no respect for his "swag".

Anyone who needed a rules change to get a Super Bowl gets no respect for his "swag".

I love how the whole HGH thing is getting swept right under the rug, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back