PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos are desperate to unload disgruntled receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
Dan Marino gives Penny a hug in the main story.

Here's one quote: "Regardless of what happens, give Pennington this much: He sacrificed about $6 million in salary to re-work his contract to stay with the Jets, just because he wanted to finish what he started. It's a calculated gamble on his part, although there was no guarantee he'd get many offers on the open market."

No guarantee? How about no chance whatsoever.

Marino should be careful about those hugs. Might put Penny on IR.

The New York press has been somewhat kind to Chad on his first day of camp. Reports of Chad fans who are really aching for him to come back are that he was bad. Real bad. The worst of four quarterbacks on the field.

It's still so early, but the first big Mangini decision might just be what the team should do with Chad Pennington. The second big Mangini decision might be whether or not to start a rookie quarterback.

All they have to do is accept a trade for a conditional pick and I'm sure the deal would be made in a heartbeat.

Even as thin as we are at WR I'm not sure taking on a disgruntled WR is the right thing for us no matter what the price... heck, I'm not even sure I'd want a gruntled WR, let alone a disgruntled one.

JoeSixPat said:
All they have to do is accept a trade for a conditional pick and I'm sure the deal would be made in a heartbeat.

Even as thin as we are at WR I'm not sure taking on a disgruntled WR is the right thing for us no matter what the price... heck, I'm not even sure I'd want a gruntled WR, let alone a disgruntled one.

Besides, don't we already have a disgruntled WR? :confused:

Month or so ago, when Lelie's possible availability first surfaced, i was in the great majority who didn't want him.

But now that Deion's agent has turned him to the dark side, we have to wonder
just how much of an asset Branch would be - even if he reports.
In that context, Lelie no longer seems quite so bad.
For small or - better - contingent compensation, why not bring him on?

flutie2phelan said:
Month or so ago, when Lelie's possible availability first surfaced, i was in the great majority who didn't want him.

But now that Deion's agent has turned him to the dark side, we have to wonder
just how much of an asset Branch would be - even if he reports.
In that context, Lelie no longer seems quite so bad.
For small or - better - contingent compensation, why not bring him on?
f2p,

Heh Buddy, I realize your feeling blue over Deion, but c'mon, the kid plays his heart out on the field. It's too early to mix up the negotiating table and the locker room, especially if the option is a WR who needs Rod Smith to soften up Sanders before he can out run a busted up Starks (and then get pulled down from behind by Samuel and Starks). It's like Joe6 says, lets stick to "gruntled" receivers.

Keep the faith and remember, Ronnie da Borges is in the sign Deion for Bledso rates camp, New England fans are bound to win in Feb 07 now.

B_O_R, PhDuh Fan Psycho-analysis

p.s. Take two B's with your kool-aid and read Reiss in the morning.

Box,
Would you say a Reiss a day keeps the Borges away?

PatsFan37 said:
Box,
Would you say a Reiss a day keeps the Borges away?
Sadly no, one works on your mind and the other just irritates hemorrhoids. I'm just a big proponent of healthy minds, even when you can't always sit without a donut pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back