PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broken Glass: Dowling to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Defense shuts down the Steelers O, I'll drink the Koolaid. But right now I'm feeling very jittery...

If anything, the scheme will be the reason the Pat's D doesn't get torched to death. So In Bill we must trust.
The only change is that we have a less experienced nickel back that BB chose over Bodden. People are acting like we cut our entire secondary this week and are starting 4 guys we signed at the Y.

The only change is that we have a less experienced nickel back that BB chose over Bodden. People are acting like we cut our entire secondary this week and are starting 4 guys we signed at the Y.

True enough. It's just that seeing so much personnel change right before a game due to injuries and releases doesn't give one the feeling of stability.

Which is why I say in Bill we trust. Because if anyone can get the D to adapt and play seamlessly, it's Belichick.

That still doesn't mean I won't be jittery at game time.

It did hurt the Pats depth at the position, but I agree. The Pats cut Leigh Bodden, not Darrelle Revis.

I missed this because it happened during our extended power outage...WTF? Why cut Bodden, then?

I missed this because it happened during our extended power outage...WTF? Why cut Bodden, then?

please sit down and hold on to something. I'm going to break a bigger news to you, they cut Albert Haynesworth today !!

we will never know why they cut ........ (fill in players name here)

To justify expending another first or second round draft pick on a cornerback in 2012.

lol, this. Can't wait on draft day when BB drafts another future bust @ DB...

please sit down and hold on to something. I'm going to break a bigger news to you, they cut Albert Haynesworth today !!

we will never know why they cut ........ (fill in players name here)

Wrong thread for this, but Albert Haynesworth did not add anything to the mix and became entirely expendable after the PUP period with Brace and Deaderick available.

Jerod Mayo was smiling when he said he knew nothing about how Haynesworth "didn't fit in." He was not producing and the players and Pepper Johnson did not like the guy.

Great move by Belichick to cut bait.

Haynsworth turned out to be a half-year injury replacement for under $1M. That's fine with me.

Wrong thread for this, but Albert Haynesworth did not add anything to the mix and became entirely expendable after the PUP period with Brace and Deaderick available.

Jerod Mayo was smiling when he said he knew nothing about how Haynesworth "didn't fit in." He was not producing and the players and Pepper Johnson did not like the guy.

Great move by Belichick to cut bait.

Haynsworth turned out to be a half-year injury replacement for under $1M. That's fine with me.

That wasn't what he was signed for.

We hoped for more. We hoped to get a pro-bowler for short money. that didn't work out.

However, the cost was very low. Haynsworth was still well worth what we paid him for what he produced and the role he played until the middle of the Sunday when he decided to retire from playing nfl football at a pro level.

To put it another way, with 100% hindsight, I would have done the same as Belichick, except that I would have cut Haynsworth before the Giant game.

That wasn't what he was signed for.

We hoped for more. We hoped to get a pro-bowler for short money. that didn't work out.

However, the cost was very low. Haynsworth was still well worth what we paid him for what he produced and the role he played until the middle of the Sunday when he decided to retire from playing nfl football at a pro level.

To put it another way, with 100% hindsight, I would have done the same as Belichick, except that I would have cut Haynsworth before the Giant game.

No, he obviously was not worth what they paid for him. If he was, he'd still be on the team.

Next spring we will all be saying Ras-I who? knowing the track record of injured rookie players in the BB tenure...it's not looking good for Ras-I who? Another wasted second round CB!:rolleyes:

Next spring we will all be saying Ras-I who? knowing the track record of injured rookie players in the BB tenure...it's not looking good for Ras-I who? Another wasted second round CB!:rolleyes:

The kid came in and started as a rookie and looked promising. If he takes this year off and comes back next year healthy and continues to improve he could become one of the best picks in the BB era. Lets wait before calling him a waste.

Glass-IR showed some flashes. He'll be around next season.

I think Albert was a high reward low risk and looking back it was wasted money but it was a chance that didnt work out. End of story.

Regarding Glass I, I think BB saw a chance to get a big, bump and run CB and lets pray for his return next season.

Although looking back the Pats got almost top grades from everyone on their drafting but seeing as it is now, I wonder if it was a wasted draft. Except of course Solder. But that isnt so bad is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back