PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brock Vereen to Practice Squad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipster9

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Is he that bad after 1 year?

Wonder if Patriots plan on converting him to a 3rd-down RB?

I guess he is that bad if the bears and lions have cut him

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Well, obviously he's deemed worth a look. Had talent coming out of college and has played for 2 teams that don't develop talent well, so maybe BB can make something out of him. The flip side is there's a lot of guys that don't last too long on the ps.

Interesting....

Vereen played safety with the Chicago Bears, but he’s been practicing with the Patriots at cornerback. The Patriots might need him sooner than later, since No. 3 cornerback Justin Coleman hasn’t been practicing because of a hand injury, leaving just three healthy players at the position. “Whatever they need me to do,” Vereen said. “However I can help the team, I’m willing to do that.”

He started at corner Fr and So season at Minn. Played a few games there in 2013.

Academic All-America.

Brock Vereen: Familiarity With Patriots 'Definitely Helps' Defensive Back

He was considered to be a better athlete than his brother. Chicago is/was a mess.

So, i have to ask the obligatory---who do you cut/IR to make room?
Not a clue dude. Hes PS so no need to make a decision- yet.

If Coleman is 4+ games than I would assume that Martin or King are the choices?

He's certainly got speed/agility numbers of a cornerback, though.

.....or you keep Brock Vereen at Safety and move McCourty to CB (even though he publicly HATES the thought).

.....or you keep Brock Vereen at Safety and move McCourty to CB (even though he publicly HATES the thought).

Not a fan of that. Here is why and it goes for all secondary arguments about moving players around....

Butler, Ryan, McCourty, Chung. We can move these piece around all we want....arrange in order. McCourty will always be more effective at FS. Move these players around and the secondary (9 times out of 10) as a whole is weaker.

Vereen has played CB in college and IMO will backup either Butler, Ryan or Coleman.

Not a clue dude. Hes PS so no need to make a decision- yet.

If Coleman is 4+ games than I would assume that Martin or King are the choices?

I'm wondering if it could be the end of Tavon Wilson. He's only been active for 1 game; not even in the special teams role he was in last year. Richards passed him on the depth chart, and even Ebner played some dime last year close to the line before he got hurt.

I'm wondering if it could be the end of Tavon Wilson. He's only been active for 1 game; not even in the special teams role he was in last year. Richards passed him on the depth chart, and even Ebner played some dime last year close to the line before he got hurt.
Forgot about him.....yea, for whom the bell tolls could be Tavon

This is a fine pickup for the Practice Squad. I don't see how it would affect anyone but those on the Practice Squad.

That being said, I have Tavon Wilson at the most vulnerable player on the 53 man roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back