Welcome to PatsFans.com

British Pakistanis: what's the deal over there?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Tunescribe, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

I'd be interested to hear from some of our British board members about the large Pakistani contingent living in England. Are they as nasty as they seem? They appear to pretty much run the hotel industry in London and a lot of restaurants as well. Years ago I came within a hair's breadth of getting into a fight with a Pakistani hotel desk clerk over a disputed bill. At one point he grabbed a field hockey stick he had behind the desk and threatened me with it. I finally got satisfaction, but it was a pretty ugly scene.

2. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

They're no worse than the mass of American tourists, who talk loudly, act as if they own the place, get in a strop because Subway doesn't do the same salad ingredients as back home, complain about everything and stand in everyone's way on pavements and Tube platforms. ;)

Seriously, there are some good and some bad. I don't know what else to say.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +820 / 2 / -9

If I posted this the Neo Libs would be all over me with their "racist sh!t"

The American liberals aren't going to like the Pakistani's now (they helped catch the terror killer savages)

4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

OK, but what do you think of those tourist dollars? (Of course, I was one of the quiet, humble ones. And the last place I'd choose to eat in Blighty would be Subway. Fish 'n' chips for me.) I was just wondering if the Pakistani community segregated itself and has tried to play "by its own rules" rather than merge with the fabric of British society.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005