PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brit Pat looking for help

Dys2K7

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey dudes am new to this forum and from england. love nfl is an amazing sport, but nt as good as soccer lol. i need sum help understanding some of the nfl stuff such as drafts, combine etc. i kno quite a bit about on field such as plays, positions penaltys etc from playin on the best sports game ever madden 07 !!. but i am gettin confused with as i sed NFL combine etc. any help will b greatly appreciated. add me on [email protected]. Cheers!!!:rocker:

Hey dudes am new to this forum and from england. love nfl is an amazing sport, but nt as good as soccer lol. i need sum help understanding some of the nfl stuff such as drafts, combine etc. i kno quite a bit about on field such as plays, positions penaltys etc from playin on the best sports game ever madden 07 !!. but i am gettin confused with as i sed NFL combine etc. any help will b greatly appreciated. add me on [email protected]. Cheers!!!:rocker:

Two basic things: Think of the combine as an audition by top players coming out of college for evaulation by NFL coaches. They are measured and timed and observed in drills so their ability can be closely evaluated beyond what they showed during their college playing careers. The combine is held for a week once a year.

The draft is when NFL teams select these young players and sign them to contracts. When a college player is drafted, the team that selects him has exclusive rights to sign him to a contract -- otherwise, he won't play in the NFL. The draft occurs in late April over two days and lasts seven rounds, with each of the 32 teams selecting in turn in order of the previous season's final record (worst team picks first, etc.). So, 32 selections are made in each of the seven rounds.

thanks a lot m8 now i finally understand lol !! just a coupl more questions, when does the pre-season start and normal season?? and wat are wildcard games, are they the same as play-offs??

thanks a lot m8 now i finally understand lol !! just a coupl more questions, when does the pre-season start and normal season?? and wat are wildcard games, are they the same as play-offs??

Preseason starts around August 1 (unless you're pats1 :) ).
Regular season starts September 6.

Wild-card games are the playoff games played by the wild-card teams (the 5 and 6 seeds) in each conference against the lower-ranked division winners (the 3 and 4 seeds): 6 plays at 3, 5 plays at 4. [This year, for example, the 4 seed Pats hosted the 5 seed Jets*.]

*For purposes of this example, I will call them by their proper name. I prefer to call them the JEST. :)

I suggest www.nfluk.com. There is a whole forum for people who are new to the game. Oh, and I'm not sure how well txt spk translates for an American audience.... ;)

I suggest www.nfluk.com. There is a whole forum for people who are new to the game. Oh, and I'm not sure how well txt spk translates for an American audience.... ;)

Is that like talking jive?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back