PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brinksmanship again, Ian?

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Upgrading the forum the week of the draft? :)

Or did it just coincidentally go down. :(

i think there might have been something different about this most recent crash, im sure there's a reason here Ian will explain to us when he gets a chance

i think there might have been something different about this most recent crash, im sure there's a reason here Ian will explain to us when he gets a chance
I panic when Patsfans is down... seriously. Who else is going to put up with my ****? ;)

Lackapatsfanoia...it's a recently diagnosed affliction...

Must be guarding against those Incarcerated Bob draft rumors! :rolleyes:

I don't even post much and I was having palpitations...

This was a pretty long crash too, what, 30 hours?

That would of sucked if the site was down during the draft.

I just visit this site socially.
I can quit anytime I want.
I only checked a couple of times an hour, really.

Come on baby. Just one thread. One little thread. You know I'm good for it, baby.

Honestly, I thought it was my computer that was having problems.

Every time this happens I get so self-hating paranoid. Patsfans won't come up on my computer and there's a continuous loop in my noodle that sez -

"Oh, see now? They've had it with you over there. They're fed up with all your irrelevant references which have nothing to do with football. Even though you come across as articulate, you're sometimes disrespectful to a few of the major posters and they've flicked you off their shoulder like the annoying buzzing fly who shows up every now and then. They have a program that recognizes & bans your computer from accessing the site.
Sure, Dues' meat packing plant link was humorously "TMI Deus" and you ran with that like there was no tomorrow. Someone asked Deus what The Chiefs were gonna do about whether to open or not after the tragic incident early last season. Deus, in a move for the ages, goes,"Well, when the same thing happened at a California meat packing plant, this is what they decided to do.." and he actually posted a link to the article. It took me at least an hour to get off the floor. It was so Deus. And how he could sociologically link the front office protocol of an obscure meat packing plant to what goes on at glistening Arrowhead Stadium's public relations division was raucously hilarious. Yeah, but Deus is Deus and he's seated on Olympus around here. You're lucky you survived that behavioral infraction.
And then there's Tunescribe, who just works so damned hard at putting out a quarterly publication about Progressive Rock. Yeah, and then there's you, who, instead of being grateful to have a kindred soul over here with you, decides to take out his frustrations about his small NYC indie record label going belly up in 2002 after being in business for 15 years. Now, take a step back and see who's the actual tune scribe and who's the degenerate who didn't save a penny and just had to indulge all his Rock & Roll fantasies to the point of ruinous excess. (well, that IS the essence of Rock & Roll after all and Tunescribe plays it way too safe, but I digress)
I betcha BOTH of them have had it with you and they told Ian to press the red button and make you go "Poof".

Then this morning, the whole page loads and it just means so damned much to me. I was awash in a happy wave of childlike acceptance.
Oh, all is right with the world and what a glorious morning it is.

An' plus, Draft is tonight and big special draft webcast on Patriots.com with The PFW In Progress fellas.

Signed,
A Washed-Up Has-Been Who Has No Current Life At 46
(Pewsterbaby a.k.a. Brooklyn Matt)

Honestly, I thought it was my computer that was having problems.
kenobi_011.jpg

Yes, it was your computer that was having the problems...

We had this same issue on Saturday where the database server went down due to a "network issue". I'm out of New England right now because we took my daughter to visit a college and I've been checking every night/morning with the exception of Tuesday night because we had a long day so I left my notebook in the car.

Needless to say I got back in here to the hotel late last night only to find out it was apparently down all day, so of course, that was when it happened :mad:

Anyway, apparently the issue ended up being a problem with the network card which was replaced and should be fine going forward. Since we switched this configuration years ago I've never had a problem with that server - which is frustrating because I only get a notification if the main server goes down. As a result I've changed it to add an alert for that one as well. I just can't believe it picked now to happen, especially since I'm 1000 miles away from home.

I don't foresee an issue tonight and I'm leaving in about an hour to start the drive home. I've got a 12 hour drive ahead but should be getting to the hotel around the time the first round begins so I'll be logging on to make sure we're up and running. But I apologize for the inconvenience everybody, and thank you to those of you who reached out and contacted me to alert me about this.

Last edited:
So to sum it up, Ian: you were away when the thingee that never breaks, broke, and it needed a new dohickee and now there are several thousand relieved patsfansites (sounded better than patsfansies). Or, as your wife sees it: I hope she really like that school.

It's hard yet we survived.

Thank you.

So to sum it up, Ian: you were away when the thingee that never breaks, broke, and it needed a new dohickee and now there are several thousand relieved patsfansites (sounded better than patsfansies). Or, as your wife sees it: I hope she really like that school.

It's hard yet we survived.

Thank you.

Yeah, that about sums it up :cool:

It made my work day go by much slower than usual but I was very productive at least.

So he thinks it was a dooohicky...well....think again.....I'll do it again if I don't see ...."A million dollars" in my Swiss account by 8pm tonight...yaaaa..."A miiiiiillion Dollars!!" hhaaaa haaa hheeee heeee haaaa....

We had this same issue on Saturday where the database server went down due to a "network issue". I'm out of New England right now because we took my daughter to visit a college and I've been checking every night/morning with the exception of Tuesday night because we had a long day so I left my notebook in the car.

Needless to say I got back in here to the hotel late last night only to find out it was apparently down all day, so of course, that was when it happened :mad:

Ah, the old 'take my daughter to school' routine. That's o.k., I understand hyperventilating is good for the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initially thought something HUGE had gone down i.e. a trade and the sheer volume of traffic coming to the board knocked the site offline, which lead to me frantically searching Twitter for news of said big news.

Then I saw everything but the forum worked so like a couple of others thought it was my computer.

Glad it appears to be all fixed now though!

Glad it's back up. I thought that Ian had banned me.:cool:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back