PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bringing back Mike Lowell a priority?

I sure wouldn't write off Lugo. He's made some clutch plays in the field and has contributed with some timely hits lately. Then you get a huge advantage when he gets on the bases. Francona stated Dice-K would need a year before he hit stride. I think Lugo needs also needs a year.
The most important position that the Sox need a prodigy is catching.

No kidding about the catching... and its not like they haven't been looking either - how huge has Varitek been in getting the most out of our pitiching? You can't even put a price on that.

Given their contracts both Lugo and Drew will be given "time" to "come around" - and I think there's a good chance both will - at least I hope so...

Drew's had a tough year, personally and professionally, that's for sure... good to see him getting some timely post season hits.

Look at Beckett last season and tell me if it doesn't remind you of the adjustments Dice-K is going through...

And then imagine TWO dominant pitchers on the team!

As far as Schilling, I think again, you accept the fact that you are going to overpay for pitching... but with him you get a good clubhouse guy, a good rolemodel for other pitchers, someone who can outsmart the batters even if he can't throw in the mid-90s - and someone who does his best in the post-season (hello A-Rod!)

I'm not sure what everyone thinks becomes of Coco Crisp - utility outfielder? Or do we trade him and open a spot for a younger guy?

It must be. The man runs like horse...hits like a rival. Bring him back already.

If there's some reason why one shouldn't be worried about A-Rod's skills deteriorating at age 36-42 when everyone seems certain that a 35 year old Lowell won't be able to play I'd like to know about it.
I don't think anyone is saying that, I just don't believe that ARod will get a contract that brings him into his 40s, nor do I believe that Lowell will only get a 3 year contract. If Juan Pierre, JD Drew and Gary Matthews Jr can get 5 year deals, so can Mike Lowell.

I love having Lowell on the team and would be thrilled to have him back, but when you have the opportunity to add a 32 year old first ballot HOF you need to consider it.

Guys...come on to the game day thread. Its time. Lets cheerup.

I'm OK with Lowell or A-Rod at 3rd. Preference is Lowell, but A-Rod is younger. And, besides, it would be like the reverse of the "Ruth curse", where the best individual athlete of his day switched to his nemesis' team!! I like it!! :D Buries the curse, once and for all!!

For sentimental reasons I like Lowell, but if he really wants to leave, let 'im. Snatch A-Rod instead!!

(Would love to be there to see 'tek and 'rod at their first team meeting!!! :singing: )

//

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back