PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring on the Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. No QB likes pressure, especially up the middle. If AH isn't back I think Sanchez is going to have a lot of time. And BB hasnt been blitzing a lot. I think Sanchez will have a big day.

See, I don't think it matters about Haynesworth being back. If Mangold isn't back for the Jets, Wilfork, Warren, Ellis, Carter, and Anderson will have a field day..

The Pats need to continue to run the ball..

There is no one on this defense in the class of Reed, Ngata, or Suggs if that is what you are asking.

Wilfork is in the same class as Ngata. But you are correct that we don't have an Ed Reed or a Terrell Suggs.. Nor do we even have a Ray Lewis type player..

Losing Mayo hurts. Not having a safety who could be effective during a HS game also hurts.. That being said, Fletcher showed that he's is better than Guyton (IMHO). Particularly when calling adjustments for the defense.

People continue to make the claim that we don't have a pass rush, but they don't understand that when you force a QB out of the pocket, that's generally because of the pass rush..

The problem will be covering Keller and Holmes. I'm not terribly worried about Plaxico. Mason could be an issue. Beyond that, the Jets don't have squat. Greene and Tomlinson have been disappointing this year, to say the least.

I don't think this will be an easy game because it's a division game and it usually a dog-fight, and because we having a problem of stopping a third and long conversion. Plus our safeties aren't playing at their A, I am afraid they probably got burn couple times by Sanchez...I think Holmes and Plaxico are going to make some big plays..and knowing how Brady having tough time with Rex's D..it's not going to be walk in the park... If Chad Henne can put 400+ yards, I'm expecting Sanchez going to put up atleast somewhere in the 300's with a couple TDs...I think we win this game, but it's going to a close one..it's not going to be a blowout.

I hope Mangold is OUT just to level the playing field. We are tied for #1 most injured team w/ KC

Wilfork is in the same class as Ngata. But you are correct that we don't have an Ed Reed or a Terrell Suggs.. Nor do we even have a Ray Lewis type player..

Losing Mayo hurts. Not having a safety who could be effective during a HS game also hurts.. That being said, Fletcher showed that he's is better than Guyton (IMHO). Particularly when calling adjustments for the defense.

People continue to make the claim that we don't have a pass rush, but they don't understand that when you force a QB out of the pocket, that's generally because of the pass rush..

The problem will be covering Keller and Holmes. I'm not terribly worried about Plaxico. Mason could be an issue. Beyond that, the Jets don't have squat. Greene and Tomlinson have been disappointing this year, to say the least.

None of this matters if Sanchez plays like he did last night.

See, I don't think it matters about Haynesworth being back. If Mangold isn't back for the Jets, Wilfork, Warren, Ellis, Carter, and Anderson will have a field day..

The Pats need to continue to run the ball..

Where is Vereen? Has anybody seen him?

The Jets cant stop the run or run the ball. :D

None of this matters if Sanchez plays like he did last night.

He will play better because NE wont be able to generate the same pressure as the Ravens DL.

Superbowl week is here already?

Seems like the season just started a month ago.

Holmes has been a disapointment this year and becoming a bit of a cancer (he was seen arguing with Sanchez on the sideline last night and has already publically called out the offensive gameplanning). I don't know if I am as worried about him as I was four weeks ago. He looks to be turning into the player the Steelers unloaded for only a 5th rounder.

Whats comical that Jets fans want Schotty fired when Sanchez fumbles and throws INTs every single game.

That INT was a real gift wrapped beauty last night.

Simple way to get pressure on Sanchez is overload blitz on Wayne Hunter's side of the line, he has been VERY poor this season so far so sending the rush at him will produce some sacks & turnovers.

Whats comical that Jets fans want Schotty fired when Sanchez fumbles and throws INTs every single game.

That INT was a real gift wrapped beauty last night.

We should 3 of those Sunday.

He will play better because NE wont be able to generate the same pressure as the Ravens DL.

You had to go kill my make believe moment didn't you? Lol ;)

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Bryan Thomas is now out for the year with a torn Achilles. The Jets just recently announced the injury.

Another test to the depth of the jets who built a team of #1's and are finally paying the price. Thomas was a solid yet unspectacular player. A kind of glue guy for them who may be more missed than some Jet fans like to think.

get ready for for alot of green trolls.....this week......:D

Be careful what u wish for!!!!I am hoping the pats can shut rexy and his boys but this team will come in desperate and more focus.Just hope this offense can execute to start the game.I dont feel confident being down to the jets early.

Last edited:
Simple way to get pressure on Sanchez is overload blitz on Wayne Hunter's side of the line, he has been VERY poor this season so far so sending the rush at him will produce some sacks & turnovers.

we dont blitz though

we dont blitz though

So it's the perfect time to start overload blitzing on one of the worst tackles in the game, isn't it? They will not be expecting it ;)

Isn't that the blueprint for any quarterback? Wasn't that the blueprint to beat the Patriots in the Divisional playoffs last year? 5 sacks? What about the Giants Patriots Superbowl? 5 sacks? What a novel concept: Put consistent heat on a quarterback and he won't do well.

But you wanna know what's funny: The way things change. Opponents in 2009-2010 dared Sanchez to beat them. Now, you have to put pressure on him or you probably wont win the game. That show's me that the QB is a threat and not "he most overated ,cheap imitation Tony RoeMoe I've ever seen."

Just my opinion though.

Mark Sanchez is EASILY one of the lesser starting QBs in the NFL...you would be silly to claim otherwise and you won't find anyone that's not a Jets fan to agree with you.

Be careful what u wish for!!!!I am hoping the pats can shut rexy and his boys but this team will come in desperate and more focus.Just hope this offense can execute to start the game.I dont feel confident being down to the jets early.

They're in a position of desperation because they're bad. I'll take a desperate, bad opponent over a good one any day. Just gotta hope that their center situation doesn't get any better in the mean time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back