PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring on the Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats can rush Turtlechez, they win going away...he's the most overated ,cheap imitation Tony RoeMoe I've ever seen.

Isn't that the blueprint for any quarterback? Wasn't that the blueprint to beat the Patriots in the Divisional playoffs last year? 5 sacks? What about the Giants Patriots Superbowl? 5 sacks? What a novel concept: Put consistent heat on a quarterback and he won't do well.

But you wanna know what's funny: The way things change. Opponents in 2009-2010 dared Sanchez to beat them. Now, you have to put pressure on him or you probably wont win the game. That show's me that the QB is a threat and not "he most overated ,cheap imitation Tony RoeMoe I've ever seen."

Just my opinion though.

Try to not be negative for 1 week..it really does wonders

Not meaning to nit-pick your post, but I don't know him to be overly negative. I think you're just frustrated due to some idiots, but the facts still remain that the injuries keep piling on, and that NYJ will be crazy hungry, desperate, and pumped up. I believe it will all depend on who comes back from injury, and whether or not the Pats can be ready for everything the NYJ will throw at them. If Hernandez comes back it will be a huge plus, as they'll likely make a very good attempt at taking Welker out as much as possible. It's no coincidence that Welker is getting the majority of Brady's looks.

I said in the summer that the two toughest games to win at Foxboro for the Pats will be the Jets and Cowboys as I feel the 8-0 home records in the regular season streak are due to break.

This Jets game could be the one that ends that run ...I feel a bit scared on this one and today's injuries don't help.

To be honest, I'm not as worried about the C-boys. They do have a tendency to be able to pressure the QB, but their secondary isn't that hot..

The upcoming NYJ game will tell us a lot about both teams, and could be the difference between 4-1 and burying the Jets for the time being, or both teams being 3-2--with the Jets owning the tie breaker.

They're on the ropes, and I hope the Pats can smell blood in the water.

Regardless, we've got to be able to stop the pass and put some pressure on the QB. Or else at least continue to put up 30-35 pts+.

I'm certainly not even coming close to taking this game for granted, I don't care anything about records or past performances. You could throw both teams' records out the window just about everytime they meet up, and RR usually has a plan to keep Brady in check, or at least slow him down.

Isn't that the blueprint for any quarterback? Wasn't that the blueprint to beat the Patriots in the Divisional playoffs last year? 5 sacks? What about the Giants Patriots Superbowl? 5 sacks? What a novel concept: Put consistent heat on a quarterback and he won't do well.

But you wanna know what's funny: The way things change. Opponents in 2009-2010 dared Sanchez to beat them. Now, you have to put pressure on him or you probably wont win the game. That show's me that the QB is a threat and not "he most overated ,cheap imitation Tony RoeMoe I've ever seen."

Just my opinion though.

I do think many around the league feel as though he's overrated, but they did build a decent team around him. Therefore, he really doesn't even have to do all that much other than manage the game. They have decent WR's, and a good back line secondary. As long as Sanchez doesn't turn the ball over (as we saw by the "red light, green light, yellow light" system) he has the potential to manage the game well enough for them to win. That includes being able to get his playmakers the ball at some key times, which he does have the capacity to do.

But besides that, I don't get all of the Sanchez hype...

Stop b****ing, do you know how many fans would be happy to give up 500+ yards on the regular and still be 3-1. We've become such a f***ing spoiled fanbase.

Wtf are you talking about? The pats d has been making mediocre qbs look like peyton manning on every drive. It doesn't help that play another one next week.

I do think many around the league feel as though he's overrated, but they did build a decent team around him. Therefore, he really doesn't even have to do all that much other than manage the game. They have decent WR's, and a good back line secondary. As long as Sanchez doesn't turn the ball over (as we saw by the "red light, green light, yellow light" system) he has the potential to manage the game well enough for them to win. That includes being able to get his playmakers the ball at some key times, which he does have the capacity to do.

But besides that, I don't get all of the Sanchez hype...

Playoff wins on the road.

hit him, he turtles...don't reinvent running to the sideline in Pitt crying to Daddy Wrecks like a lost little five year old when the Rats had a CHANCE at the big prize...he turtled then...he turtled today...he'll turtle next week IF the Pats can somehow get a rush on him....you don't think Tony Romo is a good comparison, eif??? don't tell me he's like Aaron Rodgers or I'll have to ask you to change your handle to Eifmp Eifmp 19...

Last edited:

Exactly. That is exactly what it is, and I don't mean to overlook or minimize that, especially his decent performance last Jan against NE.

But besides that, I think the franchise did a very nice job of setting him up to succeed, which is certainly good for them. Otherwise, I think we'd be seeing a lot more of the Sanchez who played during his rookie yr.

By going out and re-upping Holmes, grabbing Mason and Burress, and solidifying some other key moves--they gave him a good shot at being able to manage the game. But like I said, that usually comes with some key 3rd down conversions, and being able to successfully put the ball in the playmakers' hands, which is good enough to win, and that's the important stat.

But besides that, I'm not sure he's anywhere as good as some of your NYJ bretheren seem to think he is. Of course, just as you said--that's just MY personal opinion too, so that doesn't mean a whole lot.

hit him, he turtles...don't reinvent running to the sideline in Pitt crying to Daddy Wrecks like a lost little five year old when the Rats had a CHANCE at the big prize...he turtled then...he turtled today...he'll turtle next week IF the Pats can somehow get a rush on him....you don't think Tony Romo is a good comparison, eif??? don't tell me he's like Aaron Rodgers or I'll have to ask you to change your handle to Eifmp Eifmp 19...

I agree, but the million dollar question will be: can we actually get a little pressure on him? And if not, can we at least manage to cover the WR's in an effective manner?

I think that next week's game still comes down to how well Brady plays, and whether or not the offense can continue to put up 30+ pts. If the offense "only" puts up 23-24 pts, I'm not sure that this current defense can hold them to under 20--although I do think that the defense made some improvements today in some areas. The focus will be on giving up 350 to Jason Campbell, (and that is pathetic in some ways for sure), but in my opinion the focus should be more on holding the Raiders to 19 pts..

The bottom line is that I do think the D will continue to gel, BB will somehow make sure of that, but they will need to eventually be able to successfully pressure the QB to become an 'elite' team that wins playoff games again.

It's a team game and the team won those games. He's still bottom 3rd of qb's in the NFL in my books. And giving him credit he played well in patches last year

Just my opinion though.

True. No QB likes pressure, especially up the middle. If AH isn't back I think Sanchez is going to have a lot of time. And BB hasnt been blitzing a lot. I think Sanchez will have a big day.

Schitty is not helping sanchezs situation at all. Sanchez has actually looked pretty good in the no huddle, ut when schitty is running the show I honestly feel it hinders Sanchez to get into any rhythm. Oh that, and the horrendous o-line play. I'm no Sanchez fan at all, but he was pretty tough tonight, the dude took a beating.

Last edited:
Let me save the suspense in regards to 'getting to Sanchez' hopes and some of the other hopes. The Patriots will very likely:
- Not pressure Sanchez very much
- Give up a lot of pass yards
- Give up multiple 3rd & long situations
- Lose if the Jets can disrupt our offense on a regular basis.
- Win if the offense isn't disrupted -- despite the large amount of yards our D will give up.

The Patriots current formula for winning is pretty straight forward: A) on offense its the firepower and efficiency. B) On defense it's making our opposition feel the pressure to have to keep scoring to keep up with us - forcing a turnover or two as well as mistakes in general.

I expect the Jets will mob and/or assault WW, so is a game where Hernandez's return will be very crucial (I expect he will play) and '85' will be targeted a lot more than he has been. I also suspect the ground game will hinge on Riddley showing us if his flashes are what he can do on a regular basis (I suspect BJGE will have a tough time against the Jet run D). And we will see more no huddle offense (I strongly suspect the Jet D cannot cope with that).

The Patriot D, at this moment, simply is what it is. They can't get much pressure the QB, they can't do much to slow down the opponent's passing game, and their run D has is fairly good at times but isn't at times (I suspect we keep the Jets relatively in check in that department - but far from shutting down their rushing offense).

If you are putting your hopes on pressuring Sanchez or keeping them from piling up the passing yards, I suggest you put your hopes instead on the Jets not finding a way to disrupt the Tom Brady to WW/Hernandez/Gronk/Woodhead/Branch/85 show.

Pats won't lose... Shaun Ellis is on our side this time! He's not there to torture Brady anymore like he did in the playoff game.

The jets are ******* worthless

Sorry, but our defense is just what the doctor ordered for a dismal Jets offense. Sanchez will have a bounce back game, Greene will run for decent yardage, and those receivers are going to run any route they want out there next week. Plaxico will have a few TD's in the game, I'm sure.

Jets OL was exposed last night. DO we have the defensive personnel to do that?

Their OL is very average..this game is set up for Haynesworth to do some damage. Just hoping he is fit..Mangold set to return for them

Jets OL was exposed last night. DO we have the defensive personnel to do that?

There is no one on this defense in the class of Reed, Ngata, or Suggs if that is what you are asking.

It's all been a rouse...there's been no pass rush on purpose to lure the Jets into a false sense of security...yeah, that's it...:bricks:

Jokes aside, I really hope Sanchez isn't given all day in the pocket. Maybe given that he's practiced against him for a few years, Ellis can give some insight?

Sorry, but our defense is just what the doctor ordered for a dismal Jets offense. Sanchez will have a bounce back game, Greene will run for decent yardage, and those receivers are going to run any route they want out there next week. Plaxico will have a few TD's in the game, I'm sure.

Decent yardage for Greene? So you think he might get 50 yards. Greene sucks and the Pats run defense is very good. Other than that one McFadden run, they shut him down. Greene has less yards and TDs in the first four weeks (157 yards and 1 TD) than the combo of BJGE and Stevan Ridley got yesterday (174 yards and 2 TDs). Ridley had 97 yards and a TD on ten carries vs. the Raiders, Greene had 59 yards on 15 carries vs. them the week before.

Hopefully, Sanchez can get a ton of garbage time yards like Campbell and Henne got so the Chicken Littles can biatch and moan about the defense. Campbell had about 245 yards before that final garbage time drive they had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back