PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring in Braylon !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Riddler

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Now that Plax has signed with the green, why not go after Braylon?

How much motivation would this guy have playing against that team now?
Plus Deion's injury history tells us, he might struggle to stay on the field.

If the money is right, and right now it might be, how would Braylon look playing on the opposite side of Ocho?

Last edited:
Might I direct your attention to the "Too Many Wide Receivers" thread? :)

No thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just say No.

braylon_edwards-thumb-400xauto-12951.jpg

While he certainly has a Patriots quality beard his poor hands and DWIs make me vote NO.

No thanks. I'd rather the Pats direct their remaining money to a pass rushing DE or OLB.

While he certainly has a Patriots quality beard his poor hands and DWIs make me vote NO.

He didn't have many drops as a Jet, in fact Holmes had more last season I believe.

I'd have him instead of Tate because with the new kick off rules Tate's main strength has been taken away from him.

On Jetsfans.com, they say Incarerated Bob is saying that Edwards to the Pats is a done deal. Granted, he said Asomugha to the Seahawks was a done deal and then Asomugha to the Bucs was a done deal and then Asomugha to the Jets was a done deal. I guess that is enough for me to put a preorder in for my Edwards #17 jersey.

In all seriousness, Edwards is all wasted ability. I think if he was ever going to live up to his potential it would be in a place like New England, but I don't want to give him #1 money to gamble on that.

The only chance Edwards is here is if he realize he isn't going to get what he wants and wants revenge on the Jets for not giving him a contract. Even then, I would give him an one year contract and sell him that playing with Brady will skyrocket his stock next offseason.

He didn't have many drops as a Jet, in fact Holmes had more last season I believe.

I'd have him instead of Tate because with the new kick off rules Tate's main strength has been taken away from him.

While there might be something to your idea the ONLY way for make up for the Tate pick is for BB to go back in time and draft Mike Wallace instead;)

On Jetsfans.com, they say Incarerated Bob is saying that Edwards to the Pats is a done deal. Granted, he said Asomugha to the Seahawks was a done deal and then Asomugha to the Bucs was a done deal and then Asomugha to the Jets was a done deal. I guess that is enough for me to put a preorder in for my Edwards #17 jersey.

In all seriousness, Edwards is all wasted ability. I think if he was ever going to live up to his potential it would be in a place like New England, but I don't want to give him #1 money to gamble on that.

The only chance Edwards is here is if he realize he isn't going to get what he wants and wants revenge on the Jets for not giving him a contract. Even then, I would give him an one year contract and sell him that playing with Brady will skyrocket his stock next offseason.

edwards was good last season. he wants 10mil per year though

Ha. Really need to start calling him IncarceratedBoob.

While there might be something to your idea the ONLY way for make up for the Tate pick is for BB to go back in time and draft Mike Wallace instead;)

Yeah... that pick still burns. But whatever. Everyone makes mistakes in the draft, even our resident genius BB. At least we can tell ourselves that Tate can return kicks. Not sure if he's making the team this season though. Ocho, Welker, and Branch are our top 3. Then he's gotta beat out Edelman and Price for a spot.

Last edited:
I think we've hit our quota this year in the " personality" department.

Gonna have to pass...plus I hated the stupid beard.

Yeah... that pick still burns. But whatever. Everyone makes mistakes in the draft, even our resident genius BB. At least we can tell ourselves that Tate can return kicks. Not sure if he's making the team this season though. Ocho, Welker, and Branch are our top 3. Then he's gotta beat out Edelman and Price for a spot.

If Tate didn't get hurt, he would have gotten picked in the first round. I watched many games of UNC football, and I can assure you, Tate was the star WR while Hakeem Nicks played second banana.

If the Pats don't have 10 WRs on their roster, they're not trying hard enough

If Tate didn't get hurt, he would have gotten picked in the first round. I watched many games of UNC football, and I can assure you, Tate was the star WR while Hakeem Nicks played second banana.
Any idea how many times I've heard this? The reality is, "It is, what it is" and right now it isn't much.

Ok, but he DID get hurt, and if the players has to sit out for a year that means his value decreases an automatic 20% (likely more) relative to the player that's not injured. Was less than 4 seasons of Tate likely to be better than 5 seasons of Wallace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes