Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bring Back The Cage

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 21, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

I am old enough to remember "The Cage" in the Court Houses in East Cambridge if you committed a crime and went to court for that crime while your trial took place you sat in a small Cage by yourself, you wern't shackled, you wern't tortured, you had your own little seat, "IN A CAGE" then along came "The Blubbering Liberals"

Click the link and see what goes on now in the court rooms.
    http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=1002318

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Sounds good to me. How about one of those invisible fences used for dogs. The second the "defendant" gets off his seat, the collar goes off and he/she is "doing the kivvah" on the floor while the whole room is laughing their arses off.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

Providence Police station used to have chain link cages, so you could watch the folks before they went before the judge.

4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, call the Gov. I kinda like that idea :rocker: :D

5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

When your not safe from a stinking criminal in a court house loaded with Cops, FBI, and Court Officers then you know the Politically Correct loonies are winning.

Some day the "Dip Sh!ts" will want Cops to give up their guns, we already had one of these a$s hole star gazers up here in Maine that said the Portland Police were to intimidating when they were wearing a uniform and a "Gun Belt" this nit wit came up with a proposal that would have all Cops wear Blazers (sport coat) and Slacks, he wanted their badges to made of cloth and sewed onto the Blazer, he also said they should carry their weapons concealed, the people of Maine ran him out of town on a Rail, they wanted to drown him, he packed up his Granola, his Butterfly Net and his pictures of Jimmy Carter & Mike Dukakis and nobody has seen or heard of him since.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT CRIMINALS THAT MAKE LIBERALS GUSH, FAWN AND SLOBBER OVER THEM :confused:

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I've seen experiments/demos on TV where the 'defendant' wears a shock collar or harness or something. Makes sense, you need the control and its best for justice if the defendant looks like everyone else in the court. I'd pay more taxes for that system, assuming it actually works.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Yeah but like red ink in a school classroom, those cages were pscycologically damaging to criminals. :D

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Just before WWII broke out in the town of Woburn Ma if you got locked up on a Sat night, Sunday morning the cops would load all the drunks into a big trailer that looked like a cattle car, it had wooden railings and people on the street could see right into it, they would pull this trailer around town for about three hours and they made sure they went by all the churches, most of the drunks loved it they would stand up and yell at all the people they knew.
    They never used "cuffs" in those days, people very seldom gave any sh!t to a cop, the only people that shot at cops were the Dillinger gang, your wife or daughter could walk all over Boston at 3AM and never have to worry, you could sleep all night on the banks of the Charles, your wife could leave the baby out on the sidewalk while she went into a store, you could leave your keys in the car, when you had a fight you never kicked the other guy, women were treated "special" not like "Ho's" what happened to this country.

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Yeah Harry but some people in here will try to tell you that society is no different today than in yesteryear. That it is a figment of your imagination that people are worse today, and that crime is more rampant. Afterall, they'll find some statistics that prove they are right, and you are wrong. That's why people leave their doors unlocked just as they used to.

10. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

If "feeling safer" is your only standard for whether people are better or worse off, you're right, we're worse off today.

The two things that come to mind are
    1. At what price do you get safety? People felt very safe from crime in pre-invasion Iraq because it was a brutal police state, but I don't think any of us would say the average Iraqi citizen was "well off" under Saddam. Clearly safety at any price isn't a good criteria.

2. While people had more physical safety decades ago, were they "better off" by other standards? Were people better off 50 years ago because they were more physically safe? Many black people couldn't vote before '65. People died younger. There was less access to information. But people were safer. Does that, on the whole, mean they were better off?

I don't think so.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

How much are those Banana's? ...in Iraq they're.....

12. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm not turning it into an Iraq thread, but the example's valid. If you don't like it, let's change it to any other police state where people enjoy physical security from crime at a high price. If you have nothing to say in response to post that's fine, you don't owe me an answer.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

I have no idea how the example is valid. Then again, it's being held to bottom-line-kind-of-guy logic, so....

So Harry bringing up the removal of the cage in the courtroom, followed by his mentioning that they used to parade alchoholics around on a wooden wagon, which then lead to my commenting about how people/society isn't what it used to be, is in some way akin to what is going on in Iraq. Oh, gotcha. Silly me! :confused:

14. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I used to think you're a smart guy, but with how much you "misunderstand" what someone is saying either leads me to think that you're actually stupid, or purposely hearing what you want to hear because it gives you a better argument.

Let's just, for the sake of this discussion, assume that you're honest but stupid.

You said something about society not being how it used to be. Actually, you said that society was better off before than it is now, and specifically because of crime. My response to you is that crime is not the only indicator of how "well off" people are. I used Iraq as an extreme example of that. Now that we have that all cleared up, what say you?

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

I'm dumb Pujo. That should be obvious since I tend to use facts to back up my positions. I mean, most in here have become aware of my blatant stupidity by pointing out my racist, homophobic, bigoted, so stupid he bought a house in Chelsea ways. Hmm....why do I feel like I'm forgetting something here?

I'm so dumb that when I point out how stupid peoples examples and points are, they tend to STFU (crickets anyone?), call me names, or compare everything to Iraq. Oh, and let's not forget my personal favorite, cite their bottom-line-kind-of-guy thinking. :D

16. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, a fact-filled post from Real World, as opposed to my garbage. Next time you point out facts, do a favor and circle them, I have trouble picking them out of your rhetoric.

And don't forget to stock up on gold nuggets!

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Circle them? Hmm...circles...those are the things with the four corners right?

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Iraq is the best thing that ever happened for the "Sore Losing Bush Haters"
    What would they do without it, they would still be yapping about "Desertion" and "DUI's"

I found my thrill
    On blueberry hill (with my neighbors wife)
    :bricks: