PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring back Steven Ridley? [2016 Sign the Beast thread #007]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be perfectly fine with either Ridley or Blount on the cheap, to be honest, particularly since our main issue was a lack of depth once Lewis/Blount went down. Hell, bring them both in for all I care.

Either way, they still need to invest in a 3 down RB via the draft this spring. Possibly even two, depending upon what we choose to do with the position in FA.

I'd be perfectly fine with either Ridley or Blount on the cheap, to be honest, particularly since our main issue was a lack of depth once Lewis/Blount went down. Hell, bring them both in for all I care.

Either way, they still need to invest in a 3 down RB via the draft this spring. Possibly even two, depending upon what we choose to do with the position in FA.
I do believe that Ridley had a tough season returning from the ACL. That said, like many players, Ridley would be better with the Patriots than most other teams. A lot of JAG's become contributors here. More than usual.

I think Ridley is more than JAG at full health. He did have (I believe) the second most rushing yards in a season in 15 years of Belichick. Only Corey Dillon rushed for more.

The OL needs improvement but I don't think a Ridley/Blount combo with Lewis taking a significant number of snaps is bad at all. For cheap why not give Ridley another chance? It worked fairly well for us back on 2013. I'd be interested if there is a decent back we can draft.

I wouldn't mind getting Ridley back biter gotta fix our crappy O-Line.

How about Starks? Runs hard and catches very well

The Jets tattoo is directly correlated with his CTE. The Pollard hit he took in the Baltimore game gave me a headache.

I've always liked Ridley. I hope his fumblitis has been treated.

Neither Ridley nor Blount are adequate RBs for a superbowl contender, it's been years that we son't have a strong running game and yes, it's on the offensive line but it takes a running back too. There's got to be a better option willing to play for a SB contender, but the Pats will have to pay more than the usual veteran minimum.

In my 30years as a Patriots fan...we've had 2 good running teams: 1985 and 2004. I think the bar is set at 2.9yd per carry.
We've gotten it done with Antwan Smith so as much as I'd love a strong rushing attack, I am not sure if it is historically possible or needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes