PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring back Kenbrell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers do not support your assertion.
Eh, suppose neither has done much past year and a half. Thought KT did a bit more in 2013 but both fizzled out.

Simple. He can't play.

I don't think he's a Pro Bowler, but he knows the system and he's contributed at times. Very inconsistent player, and I understand why people aren't excited.

But consider when the season starts, we might have Jules back with Amendola as your starters. You've got a combo of Wayne learning the system and Dobson hopefully staying healthy and maybe Harper, with Lafell looking like a PUP candidate.

KT as a 5th/6th WR who has system knowledge and plays for the minimum is a pretty good option. There's not a lot of guys we could bring in right now who would be comfortable in this offense with less than two weeks to the season opener. Maybe if it was the beginning of TC.

Is there anyone else available that you think would be a better option as a #5/6 WR joining late?

A fans reaction on PFT to Kenbrell's release by the Patriots in Oct 2014.

bengalifer says:Oct 4, 2014 5:35 PM

Bill is losing his mind.

Thumbs up 238 Thumbs down 14

So far we've had calls to bring back Kenbrell, Moss, Welker ... Any other savior WRs out there? Oh yeah, Donte Stallworth. Might as well bring him back too.

So far we've had calls to bring back Kenbrell, Moss, Welker ... Any other savior WRs out there? Oh yeah, Donte Stallworth. Might as well bring him back too.

Irving Fryar has lawyer bills to pay

Does he have practice squad eligibility? If not, then no.

Eh, suppose neither has done much past year and a half. Thought KT did a bit more in 2013 but both fizzled out.
So did Dobson as he got hurt.

Irving Fryar has lawyer bills to pay
Deion Branch and Troy Brown probably are a little bored about now ...

I don't think he's a Pro Bowler, but he knows the system and he's contributed at times. Very inconsistent player, and I understand why people aren't excited.

But consider when the season starts, we might have Jules back with Amendola as your starters. You've got a combo of Wayne learning the system and Dobson hopefully staying healthy and maybe Harper, with Lafell looking like a PUP candidate.

KT as a 5th/6th WR who has system knowledge and plays for the minimum is a pretty good option. There's not a lot of guys we could bring in right now who would be comfortable in this offense with less than two weeks to the season opener. Maybe if it was the beginning of TC.

Is there anyone else available that you think would be a better option as a #5/6 WR joining late?

They can only have 53 players on the roster, and last I looked you don't get exceptions because a couple are injury prone and one is still learning the system.

I wonder what Cincinatti would accept in exchange for trading Marvin Jones to us..

He couldn't succeed when the team had no receivers to play, another couple injuries and Devin McCourty would play wide out. No thanks, the idea is to upgrade the team adding players that are available after the cuts, not downgrade.

They can only have 53 players on the roster, and last I looked you don't get exceptions because a couple are injury prone and one is still learning the system.

In 6 of the past 7 seasons, 6 WRs were on the 53 to start the season. One of those will be Slater.

Of the remaining 5, I'd say Jules and Amendola are locks to start on the 53. Lafell's status is up in the air. He's deserving of a spot, but keep hearing PUP. If he's on the PUP, that gives us potentially 3 WR spots.

Wayne and Dobson could be two of those, but that leaves a potential 3rd WR. Could be Harper, could be Thompkins. Or maybe BB decides 5 is enough. Or maybe it won't be KT because of special team considerations.

But there's definitely room on the opening day 53 for a potential 5th WR, even without exceptions for injury prone (Dobson) or learning the system (Wayne).

The upside with Harper, amongst other things, is he seems like a decent punt returner.

Thompkins can be exactly what Tyms would be had he not gotten injured.... not on the Patriots roster.

The upside with Harper, amongst other things, is he seems like a decent punt returner.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Edelman give up PR duties simply because of the increased risk of injury. Unlike Welker, JE will not want to give that job up. If Harper can take over, more power to him.

KT had a good training camp with the raiders and was at one point the number 3 receiver. However he didn't play well in the preseason games (he played pretty well last year in the regular season games for the raiders) and the Raiders actually have a lot of young 2-3 guys with more upside so he was an expected cut.

He is a very serviceable number 3-4 receiver in this league, imo he was playing better than Lafell before he was waived last year. Except that as usual, he doesn't have the upside, he isn't that young and what you see is what you get (an inconsistent but talented wr).

He gets open, but no yac, some drops (but some spectacular catches too) and really requires an accurate qb. Imo he is better than Tyms and Dobson..

KT had a good training camp with the raiders and was at one point the number 3 receiver. However he didn't play well in the preseason games (he played pretty well last year in the regular season games for the raiders) and the Raiders actually have a lot of young 2-3 guys with more upside so he was an expected cut.

He is a very serviceable number 3-4 receiver in this league, imo he was playing better than Lafell before he was waived last year. Except that as usual, he doesn't have the upside, he isn't that young and what you see is what you get (an inconsistent but talented wr).

He gets open, but no yac, some drops (but some spectacular catches too) and really requires an accurate qb. Imo he is better than Tyms and Dobson..

He didn't play "well"? I SAW the Raider games so far. He's HORRIBLE. Stone hands and bad body control.I'll tell you who's got 10,000 times better hands and WR smarts...Chris Harper. Eff, Can'tbrell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes