PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring Back Bethel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJain

On the Roster
Reaction score
The only receiver out there who knows the system well enough to step-in and 'stretch the field' is Bethel Johnson. I know he has underachieved (a 2nd round pick)...but I think he is at worst a guy who knows the offense and has some serious speed. He has played A MAJOR role in our Super Bowl runs:
1. The diving catch of a bomb to secure a win against a surging Seahawks team that had an anwer to every Patriots move that day.

2. The devestating run backs against Indy in the crazy game with McGinest stuffing James. Bethel brought momentum back every time Manning sliced up our secondary that day. If we lose that game, then we don't get home field advantage and find ourselves playing in RCA instead of a Foxboro Blizzard for the AFC Championship.

I know the guy has taken 2 steps back since then...but he can help us replace Deion by committee as Chad Jackson and Gabriel are brought along.

He's on the Saints IR.

And he's also crap.

This has already been established, Bethel is on the Saints IR. Now delete this post quickly before the message board police catch wind of it.

Bethel is good for at least 2 big plays a year which may be better then what we got.

Alk said:
This has already been established, Bethel is on the Saints IR. Now delete this post quickly before the message board police catch wind of it.

I'm sorry...I thought he was cut by the Saints? I did not hear he was IR'd. Sorry for the misinfo.

AJain said:
I'm sorry...I thought he was cut by the Saints? I did not hear he was IR'd. Sorry for the misinfo.

It's all good. He was actually waived with some sort of special injury clause where if he cleared waivers he'd be put on the Saints IR list. He cleared waivers and so is on the Saints shelf for the season. I've never really seen that done before, so it was a weird one for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back