jct

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Look on the bright side:
We probably get 4 CP picks in 2007

jct said:
Look on the bright side:
We probably get 4 CP picks in 2007

That plus the fact that we'll be picking in the top ten overall in 2007 will help, too.

we're all dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB has this silly idea that the Pats will be as good as they draft.

I mean what the h#ll is he thinking.

Brady -- draft -- sucky
Light -- draft -- sucky
Mankins -- draft -- sucky
Koppen -- draft -- especially sucky because don't got Woody
Kaczur -- draft -- sucky
Graham -- draft -- bad blocker, sucky
Watson -- draft -- sucky, especially that Jag and Broncos games
Branch -- draft -- sucky
Sey -- draft -- d@mn sucky
Warren -- draft -- sucky
Wilfork -- draft - sucky
Green -- draft - sucky
Samuel -- draft -- 4th round -- sucky
Hobbs -- draft -- 3 rd round -- sucky
Eugene Wilson -- draft -- sucky

I mean who the h3ll would build a team around the draft!?

sarc

You know, I remember all the Graveyard Whistlers ragging on the We're Doomed crowd all of last year. It started about week 3. I never got in on it but as a non combatant, it would seem that going back to last year and how that ended up the score would read.

We're Doomed Crowd 1, Graveyard Whistlers 0

PATRIOTS-80 said:
we're all dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB has this silly idea that the Pats will be as good as they draft.

I mean what the h#ll is he thinking.

Brady -- draft -- sucky
Light -- draft -- sucky
Mankins -- draft -- sucky
Koppen -- draft -- especially sucky because don't got Woody
Kaczur -- draft -- sucky
Graham -- draft -- bad blocker, sucky
Watson -- draft -- sucky, especially that Jag and Broncos games
Branch -- draft -- sucky
Sey -- draft -- d@mn sucky
Warren -- draft -- sucky
Wilfork -- draft - sucky
Green -- draft - sucky
Samuel -- draft -- 4th round -- sucky
Hobbs -- draft -- 3 rd round -- sucky
Eugene Wilson -- draft -- sucky

I mean who the h3ll would build a team around the draft!?

sarc

You should also look at the guys they've drafted/signed who have been busts, too. PK Sam, Marquise Hill, Rodney Bailey, Chad Brown, Chad Scott, Monty Beisel, among others need to be mentioned, too.

Jacky Roberts said:
You should also look at the guys they've drafted/signed who have been busts, too. PK Sam, Marquise Hill, Rodney Bailey, Chad Brown, Chad Scott, Monty Beisel, among others need to be mentioned, too.

Add Donald Hayes and Duane Starks to the list. Some would argue Bethel, a 2nd rounder, isn't all that great either. I still like him though.

SoonerPatriot said:
Add Donald Hayes and Duane Starks to the list. Some would argue Bethel, a 2nd rounder, isn't all that great either. I still like him though.

Not get off the subject, but I cannot fathom why Bethel has not turned into a good WR yet? Hopefully he pulls his head out of his butt this year and does something consistenly

My God, I'm sick of this already. I'm Patriots-80's new campaign manager now.

Jacky Roberts said:
Yeah, we know, we can tell because you do nothing BUT mention them. Every ******* post.

I agree, those three Super Bowls will never make up for that time they threw away the 164th pick in the draft on PK Sam.

Those teams each had at least 53 players on them that seemed to work out OK. You never mention those, do you?

I know, I know....BeiselBrownyadayadayadayada.

SoonerPatriot said:
You know, I remember all the Graveyard Whistlers ragging on the We're Doomed crowd all of last year. It started about week 3. I never got in on it but as a non combatant, it would seem that going back to last year and how that ended up the score would read.

We're Doomed Crowd 1, Graveyard Whistlers 0
How did the 'We're Doomed' crowd look before they put the ball on the ground five times in Denver? How many of the 'We're Doomed' crowd predicted that?

I know, it seemed like a good point, but I'm sure you'll have other ideas.

It's actually a pretty good point. The we're doomed crowd was lamenting our inability to stop the run, the fact Duane Starks was getting beaten in the open field repeatedly and that Monty Beisel couldn't tackle early in the season. Those issued ultimately contributed to losses which led to a road playoff game.

So as painful as that might be to someone who probably believes the Duane Starks move was a brilliant one, the fact is the people who raised the alarm bells early last year (and I can't claim to be one of them) were in fact RIGHT.

Or did we win the Super Bowl and I somehow missed it?

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
It's actually a pretty good point. The we're doomed crowd was lamenting our inability to stop the run, the fact Duane Starks was getting beaten in the open field repeatedly and that Monty Beisel couldn't tackle early in the season. Those issued ultimately contributed to losses which led to a road playoff game.

So as painful as that might be to someone who probably believes the Duane Starks move was a brilliant one, the fact is the people who raised the alarm bells early last year (and I can't claim to be one of them) were in fact RIGHT.

Or did we win the Super Bowl and I somehow missed it?
Sorry, its not a good point no matter how badly you wish it was.

The defense - the focus on the 'We're Doomed' crowd during the part of the season you cite - played very well down the stretch and into the playoffs. And they played well in Denver, that is when the field was longer than 10 yards.

The offense and special teams - neither of which included Duane Starks or Monty Beisel - turned the ball over five times and directly led to the loss in Denver. Had the offense played as capably as the defense did that night, the Patriots would have hosted the AFC Championship game.

The 'We're Doomed' crowd would have only been right had the Patriots continued to get beat through the air and on the ground all the way through the season. They did not. In fact, they played well enough to go to the conference title game.

Saying they were right because the Patriots ultimately lost for reasons completely unrelated to the defense, Monty Beisel or Duane Starks doesn't make your point any stronger, by the way,

Pats67 said:
Yeah, we know, we can tell because you do nothing BUT mention them. Every ******* post.

I agree, those three Super Bowls will never make up for that time they threw away the 164th pick in the draft on PK Sam.

Those teams each had at least 53 players on them that seemed to work out OK. You never mention those, do you?

I know, I know....BeiselBrownyadayadayadayada.

Right On!!!!!!!!!!!

Pats67 said:

The defense - the focus on the 'We're Doomed' crowd during the part of the season you cite - played very well down the stretch and into the playoffs. And they played well in Denver, that is when the field was longer than 10 yards.

The offense and special teams - neither of which included Duane Starks or Monty Beisel - turned the ball over five times and directly led to the loss in Denver. Had the offense played as capably as the defense did that night, the Patriots would have hosted the AFC Championship game.

The 'We're Doomed' crowd would have only been right had the Patriots continued to get beat through the air and on the ground all the way through the season. They did not. In fact, they played well enough to go to the conference title game.

Saying they were right because the Patriots ultimately lost for reasons completely unrelated to the defense, Monty Beisel or Duane Starks doesn't make your point any stronger, by the way,

Right On!!!!!!!!!!!

Pats67 said:

It didn't really matter how well they played down the stretch. By then the damage had already been done. We were on our way to a place like Denver where this team has NEVER and I repeat NEVER played well. It took a miracle intentional safety call by BB in 2003 to beat a Danny Kanell led Denver team.

So in fact, the problems the "We're Doomed" crowd cited did impact the way the season ended up. We don't lose those games, we're in Foxborough a place where this team has excelled in the playoffs.

I can understand, you were probably one of those guys calling the We're Doomed crowd idiots and it probably stings that you were wrong and they were right. There's always next year.

SoonerPatriot said:
It didn't really matter how well they played down the stretch. By then the damage had already been done. We were on our way to a place like Denver where this team has NEVER and I repeat NEVER played well. It took a miracle intentional safety call by BB in 2003 to beat a Danny Kanell led Denver team.

So in fact, the problems the "We're Doomed" crowd cited did impact the way the season ended up. We don't lose those games, we're in Foxborough a place where this team has excelled in the playoffs.

I can understand, you were probably one of those guys calling the We're Doomed crowd idiots and it probably stings that you were wrong and they were right. There's always next year.

"It didn't matter how well they played down the stretch?" No, it doesn't matter that the defense played terribly but then turned it around and played very well when the playoffs arrived despite the fact that the 'We're Doomed' crowd KNEW they wouldn't. It doesn't matter at all. It only matters that the Patriots never win in Denver (even though if they don't turn the ball over 5 times they win THAT night). That's the only thing that matters. Sound argument.

I can see I'm wasting my time here.

For the record, I was with the 'We're Doomed' crowd. When the defense was playing that badly it would have been pretty stupid to claim they weren't. Maybe not as stupid as claiming I was really ultimately 'right' because the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl, but it would be pretty stupid nonetheless.

Last edited:
Pats67 said:
"It didn't matter how well they played down the stretch?" No, it doesn't matter that the defense played terribly but then turned it around and played very well when the playoffs arrived despite the fact that the 'We're Doomed' crowd KNEW they wouldn't. It doesn't matter at all. It only matters that the Patriots never win in Denver (even though if they don't turn the ball over 5 times they win THAT night). That's the only thing that matters. Sound argument.

I can see I'm wasting my time here.

Well since you apparently believe losses during the regular season don't affect a team's playoff seeding and that the Pats have never had problems in Denver, then yes, you have indeed been wasting your time.

Last edited:
The Danny Kannell-led Denver Broncos?

Why don't you mention Richard Seymour didn't play in that game?

The simple fact remains that after early-season difficulties, including the straightening out of DC Eric Mangini, the defense did indeed turn things around. Come January, the Patriots were the team that no one wanted to play!

You cannot take anything away from the Broncos, that is true - they did beat us twice last year - but if you put the ball down 5 times deep in your own territory, you won't even beat the Arizona Cardinals. That is a fact!

It has nothing to do with Duane Starks, it has nothing to do with Monty Biesel, or any of the other free agents signed last year that recieve continuious castigation here on this forum. The offense and special (!) teams did that.

Remember after the awful showing of the Pats' defensive backfield in 2002, they unloaded 3 of their starting 4 defensive backs. I'm of a mind that BB is doing much the same thing this year, letting the old blood go, clearing the decks of malcontents and other flotsam, and has every idea of what he wants to accomplish.

Don't worry, they'll contend again this year - while rebuilding!

The doomers have some entertainment value, especially at this time of year. Once the season starts, tho, they'll be placed where they rightly belong -in the "Totally Ignored" basket.

The simple fact is, by the time our D pulled it together -- and they did pull it together nobody is questioning that -- the damage was done. We were destined to be on the road in the playoffs and low and behold that place turned out to be Denver, a place where this team simply does not play well. Can you really argue that this team plays well in Denver? I don't see how.

You and I have one thing in common. I file most of, if not all, the "We're Doomed" posts in the ignore basket. It's the same place I file all of the
"BB and Pioli are completly infallable and anyone who ever questions them are Chicken Littles" posts.

Sometimes it's okay to question authority.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
Well since you apparently believe losses during the regular season don't affect a team's playoff seeding and that the Pats have never had problems in Denver, then yes, you have indeed been wasting your time.
I didn't say either of those things. You ascribed them to me to make your argument a little less futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes