PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_Moss

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think a lot of people realize how much great of an addition this is...Brian Waters led the K.C. Chiefs line for 2 rbs (Priest Holmes & Larry Johnson) that led the NFL in rushing yards...And also Jamaal Charles, coming in 2nd place last year...so with that being said, expect to look for more rushing & possibly less passing from our O.

Our week 1 Offensive line should look like this:

LT - Matt Light
LG - Brian Waters
C - Dan Koppen
RG - Logan Mankins
RT - Sebastian Vollmer

If the Patriots improve their ground attack...their passing game should improve exponentially...opposing D's stack the box or blitz and get burned by the TE/WR/ plus RB swing passes....

Gonna be Fun ! :eek:

More is debatable. More consistently successful would be terriffic. Digging a little deeper I'm hearing this may be an even better addition than some assumed at first glance. Apparently the reason for the breakup in KC had less to do with declining skill or even money than the fact he just didn't hit it off with Haley. Which tells me he's a pretty smart guy.

More is debatable. More consistently successful would be terriffic. Digging a little deeper I'm hearing this may be an even better addition than some assumed at first glance. Apparently the reason for the breakup in KC had less to do with declining skill or even money than the fact he just didn't hit it off with Haley. Which tells me he's a pretty smart guy.

I think that that is an excellent assessment of his character, if that's the case.

Mankins is switching to right guard?

He was voted as a Top 100 player for 2011 by his peers.

They did point out that he's paved the way for a lot of good runners.

On that same note, I think the Ravens got the best FB in the league who blocked for Arian Foster last year. Vonta Leach.

I agree that it's a very good signing. Even if he is on his terminal decline as a player, he's coming down from a very high level and is currently a better and more dependable option then Connelly. I don't think his decline is acute at this point and he should easily bridge the gap until Cannon is fully up to speed (which will probably be next year, much to all our chagrin).

The reason KC let him go was Asamoah, who they are very high on and is a long-term option at guard. It made Waters expendable. I think the only hesitation in making the move on their part was Water's community reputation. He is pretty much revered in the community for his off-field contributions.

I like that in a guy. :)

It would be a better move because he already knows the system

Problem is you've already had Mankins (and the rest of the line around him) practicing with Mankins at LG. O-Line play is greatly bolstered by consistency and chemistry. Waters is going to need time to get up to speed whether he's at LG or RG, so why have two positions playing catchup instead of just one? Also, if I'm going to have a question mark on the line, I'd rather have it on the right side than Brady's blind side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye