Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Curran's tweet sounds cautiously optimistic :

"Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran
Reading tea leaves, deliveries have been made to Brian Waters' locker. Nike gear hung with care. All they need is BW."

Reading tea leaves, deliveries have been made to Brian Waters' locker. Nike gear hung with care. All they need is BW."

A confirmation would give Pats fans a very nice Labor Day Weekend.

That's confirmation enough for me. Might not be today or tomorrow, because I think his remaining on Reserve/DNR list gives them a little wiggle room during cutdowns.

Did not see this coming.....

I think we all knew that eventually he was going to show up. Nobody here really thinks that he needed to put the strain of a training camp on his body. Hopefully he is in good shape (for a lineman) and can play. Suddenly with Vollmer back the line looks fine. I would go Solder, Mankins, Connelly, Waters, Vollmer. The big question is does Koppen make the team? I honestly thought that Connelly played a better center than koppen ever day last year and frankly I was suprised to see Koppen in there for most of the pre-season.

I think we all knew that eventually he was going to show up. Nobody here really thinks that he needed to put the strain of a training camp on his body. Hopefully he is in good shape (for a lineman) and can play. Suddenly with Vollmer back the line looks fine. I would go Solder, Mankins, Connelly, Waters, Vollmer. The big question is does Koppen make the team? I honestly thought that Connelly played a better center than koppen ever day last year and frankly I was suprised to see Koppen in there for most of the pre-season.

That was because Connolly can and had to play guard and Koppen can't play anything else.

Brian Waters is a hall of famer. You know he'll come in and be probably our best lineman despite missing training camp. It's a courtesy BB extends to vets who earned that level of trust.

how could that not be anything other than confirmation?

They aren't going to put a game uniform in his locker if he isn't showing up. But this is the Patriots so who knows?

Brian Waters is a hall of famer. You know he'll come in and be probably our best lineman despite missing training camp. It's a courtesy BB extends to vets who earned that level of trust.

Another example: one of Junior Seau's (RIP) contracts had a split salary clause (if he ended up on IR, they wouldn't have to pay his full salary). The Patriots felt he made such a difference to the team that they voluntarily waived that clause.

Thank God. Here comes cavalry...:rocker: The Oline was a bit of a worry.

From Michael Lombardi:

Eli Manning, Rob Gronkowski among blue/red chips on offense - NFL.com

GUARD

Blue Chips
Carl Nicks, Buccaneers
Jahri Evans, Saints
Josh Sitton, Packers
Logan Mankins, Patriots
Chris Snee, Giants

Red Chips
Steve Hutchinson, Titans
Ben Grubbs, Saints
Marshal Yanda, Ravens
Mike Iupati, 49ers

Notes
» I just couldn't find a 10th guard worthy of red-chip status. I was thinking about going with Evan Mathis, who did play well with the Philadelphia Eagles last season, but decided to stick with nine guys.
» Based on his play for the New England Patriots last year, Brian Waters would have been the No. 1 guard on this list, but he is M.I.A. and might be retiring.

how could that not be anything other than confirmation?

I am assuming the Nike gear being hung has the number 54 on it but to me the only other possibility to this being a sign Waters is back would be that this could just be someone else moving in as they get rid of the temporary lockers.

Just playing devils advocate as I have always felt he would be back and I take this to mean he is now.

Just playing devils advocate as I have always felt he would be back and I take this to mean he is now.
Or it could just be new stuff being added to all lockers as the season is about to begin.

Cautious optimism.

Nice. Now we need good health from Vollmer and for Solder to "find himself" again, and the starting O-Line is set. If Cannon has to play RT at any point, the players may as well invest in a coffin for Brady.

Or it could just be new stuff being added to all lockers as the season is about to begin.

Cautious optimism.

I don't think anyone knows anything.

You'll notice that I have removed right guard Brian Waters from this version of the 53-man roster and kept him on reserve/did not report. While I still believe he will report at some point, my optimism has dipped from about 75 percent previously to 50 percent based on some new, not completely verified, information. Waters could report today. It could be a few days. He could not report at all. I really don't have much clarity on the topic.

Extra Points - New England Patriots News and Analysis - Boston.com

Thank God. Here comes cavalry...:rocker: The Oline was a bit of a worry.

Still a worry in terms of depth. An injury or two and the line is looking like the weak link.

We have more depth at OG and OC than for any other positions on the team.

If you want to worry about an injury or two making the unit a weak link, consider CB, S, RB. WR, QB.

Still a worry in terms of depth. An injury or two and the line is looking like the weak link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down