PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Urlacher wants new contract or a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Originally there was gossip that Urlacher would retire from injury if not given a new contract.

But that appears not to be the case and he just wants another contract.

KFFL RSS FEED said:
Mike Mulligan, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher is threatening to retire due to back and neck problems, according to a league source. If he were to retire, Urlacher would not have to repay any portion of the $13 million signing bonus he received in 2003, when he received a nine-year, $56.65 million deal. Urlacher is currently boycotting the team's offseason workout program and threatening to hold out of minicamp and possibly even training camp if he does not receive a new deal. Urlacher feels he has outplayed his contract and is demanding more money.

Mike Mulligan, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher's agents have asked the team if they would be willing to explore a trade, according to a league source. Urlacher feels he has outplayed his current contract and is demanding more money.

updates from ROTO:

Rotoworld said:
Brian Urlacher called a report in the Chicago Sun Times that he may be threatening to retire a "gossip column."

"I never said that I was going to quit," Urlacher claims. "Reports like that is why I choose not to speak to the media." Urlacher says the Bears are offering him a one-year extension. They're right to hesitate considering his uneven play in 2007, offseason neck surgery, arthritic back, and age (30 in May).

what a moron. he acts like he's underpaid. he's damaged goods

Urlachers the best LB in the NFL.

Im not going to agree with this. If anyone knows me from KFFL then you know my passion for Urlacher.

But this is just not the case anymore. His body is severaly damaged and he has multiple medical problems that might cause him to retire in the very near future.

Im not going to agree with this. If anyone knows me from KFFL then you know my passion for Urlacher.

But this is just not the case anymore. His body is severaly damaged and he has multiple medical problems that might cause him to retire in the very near future.

wow didnt know his health was that bad...

Don't want a malcontent, who is crying about his salary his best years are behind him.
Not cashing in with us.

Urlacher is a great player and one of the best LBs in the game but you gotta wonder if he would succeed in a defense without being next to a guy like the caliber of Lance Briggs.

I think Briggs and Urlacher go together like peanut butter and jelly

Huh? Urlachers best years were before Briggs arrived. Briggs is the overrated one, not Urlacher, evne if he is injured goods at this point.

Huh? Urlachers best years were before Briggs arrived. Briggs is the overrated one, not Urlacher, evne if he is injured goods at this point.

I think they are awesome together - When healthy that is...

Urlacher is a great player and one of the best LBs in the game but you gotta wonder if he would succeed in a defense without being next to a guy like the caliber of Lance Briggs.

I think Briggs and Urlacher go together like peanut butter and jelly

Yep-it all goes back to Square 1-you win as a TEAM because ALL elements have to work.(Unlike what ESPN and all of the talking-head media want you to believe-when they only single out the selective few to praise/criticize when teams win/lose) And even more importantly, if even some of your personnel can't grasp your scheme, you're in deep doo-doo.

Also-the Bears have alot of talent on that D that's understood and grasped Lovie's Cover 2 scheme(i.e. Vasher, Tillman, Tommie Harris, their fast DEs, etc) When Vasher, Harris, et al went down last year, you saw how BAD their D started to look.

Two seasons ago Urlacher was a beat, now he sucks? He had a crappy year, so did his team. I'd take Urlacher on this team any day.

Two seasons ago Urlacher was a beat, now he sucks? He had a crappy year, so did his team. I'd take Urlacher on this team any day.

The Chicago D DID finish the year strong, FWIW. At season's end, they were back to their Lovie school-ball hawking ways.

This D may be a bit overrated(especially considering they're in the putrid NFCN), but nonetheless-Lovie and Jerry Angelo have done an outstanding job picking players that fit and understand Lovie's Cover 2 scheme.

The Chicago D DID finish the year strong, FWIW. At season's end, they were back to their Lovie school-ball hawking ways.

This D may be a bit overrated(especially considering they're in the putrid NFCN), but nonetheless-Lovie and Jerry Angelo have done an outstanding job picking players that fit and understand Lovie's Cover 2 scheme.

I meant during the duration of the season.

A banged up Urlacher is STILL tons better than any healthy LB we have on the roster right now - yes,That includes Adalius Thomas.

Urlacher can play with one leg and still be a force but when healthy its not even close to who is the best LB is and his counterpart Briggs is in the top 5 as well.

If Chicago ever had a good QB, another 1 above average receiver like Berrian was and another 1 good player in that secondary that team would be unstoppable.

I am sure Chicago also looks early for a RB in the draft as well

Last edited:

ESPN 1000 in Chicago predicted the Pats trade draft pick(s) for Urlacher...and that the Bears would be picking 7th overall.

ESPN 1000 in Chicago predicted the Pats trade draft pick(s) for Urlacher...and that the Bears would be picking 7th overall.

didn't he have a herniated disc? once those problems start to emerge it doesn't forebode well

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes