PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Tyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Can someone please help me to why i keep thinking this will be his best game with the Patriots ?!!:)
Could he be the secret formula against the best D in the League ? Are they good covering the deep ball ?
Its only my gut feeling that he will make a huge contribution in hopefully a great win.
GO PATS.

Can someone please help me to why i keep thinking this will be his best game with the Patriots ?!!:)
Could he be the secret formula against the best D in the League ? Are they good covering the deep ball ?
Its only my gut feeling that he will make a huge contribution in hopefully a great win.
GO PATS.
I don't even think he will be active personally, I think Dobson will get the nod after a poor showing by Tyms last week.

I don't see the deep ball being a particularly useful weapon against a team that can drop 2 deep and get after the QB quickly up the middle with 4.

Mirage1.jpg

"What's that on the horizon? The next great Moss-like deep threat? Let me get a better look!!!!

...oh... It's just Brian Tyms." :D

(I'd love to be wrong on this...)

I don't see the deep ball being a particularly useful weapon against a team that can drop 2 deep and get after the QB quickly up the middle with 4.

There will be a handful shots downfield to keep the D a bit more honest. He needs to make them count so he is a more believable decoy.

I still think that Tyms will be sacrificed for Siliga once he returns and Dobson will be back to being active on gameday.

A lot of players have drops. His came at a very bad moment. Jitters, over hyped? I really hope he gets another chance and becomes the player I've been convinced he will be. We eventually have to strike gold with a deep threat, right? It's been too long.

I would refer you to my "Here Comes Dobsonmania" thread. :D

I thought we wern't allowed to be excited about a second round pick here? Much more prudent to hold our breath on a jag who plays for 3 teams in 3 years.

Drop Dobson and sign Randy. This kids got something and the coaches see it. Why else is Brady taking shots like that on the road? He loves him some Moss. WR coach?

He had ONE drop. You all are making it seem like he was Welker out there.

Tyms was in for 2 snaps. So he wasn't a big part of the game plan, which was power running and play action. Not too many shot plays were needed to get Indy to back off. Our blocking was enough to blow Indy off the line.

Against Detroit... 2 deep safeties you generally want to make the safety choose where to give help by sending a guy deep outside the numbers and also sending a TE vertical on the seam. One guy can't help in two places. Even if the ball doesn't go to Tyms/Dobson, it might go to Wright/Gronk.

That said... you need to work short routes early and make an effort to run the ball before play action will work and give you the time needed to go deep.

Detroit can get pressure rushing 4 and dropping 7. So, we need to spread that out and connect on shorter routes early and be effective with some runs.

Tyms will be fine. No every drop can be attributed to the player. The QB has some responsibility too, and the other side always gets a vote on whether the pass will be completed or not.

So far, the locker room has been supportive of him, and an article yesterday talked about him and Moss getting together and talking about the position, skill sets, etc. I think he'll be staying around.

And yeah, he had ONE drop. So, a little perspective is in order too.

He had ONE drop. You all are making it seem like he was Welker out there.

It's a big deal to a lot of people here because he doesn't get many snaps to begin with. It doesn't look good when he does reach the field and drops the ball, I agree, he needs to make the most of his chances ... but you're right it's 1 drop and he has done more this season than Dobson has so I'll give him a pass on his 1 drop.

I've seen Vereen have some ugly drops this season, yet, not nearly as many people will take shots at him.

I have nothing against Tyms. Why does saying that if Dobsons foot is better he could break out automatically indicate a shot at Tyms? I'd be thrilled if they both had a good game.

I just feel like the major issue holding back Dobson this year is the fact that the med staff waited until the spring to do his foot operation. They wanted to to see if they could avoid surgery and they lost on that gamble.
Had the surgery taken place in January when he was already on the shelf, he'd be back in by now and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Last edited:
I have nothing against Tyms. Why does saying that if Dobsons foot is better he could break out automatically indicate a shot at Tyms? I'd be thrilled if they both had a good game.

I just feel like the major issue holding back Dobson this year is the fact that the med staff waited until the spring to do his foot operation. They wanted to to see if they could avoid surgery and they lost on that gamble.
Had the surgery taken place in January when he was already on the shelf, he'd be back in by now and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I never said you took a shot at Tyms.

Can you prove any of that? The team says hes healthy, you don't think it's a possibility that he has lost a lot of snaps because of how well everyone else has been playing? Because that never happens in the NFL....

I never said you took a shot at Tyms.

Can you prove any of that? The team says hes healthy, you don't think it's a possibility that he has lost a lot of snaps because of how well everyone else has been playing? Because that never happens in the NFL....

I dont believe I was responding to a post of yours.

Dobson hasn't been on an injury report for quite some time. Might be time to stop using that excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back