PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Schottenheimer vs Josh McDaniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
In two games, new Jets O-coordinator Brian Schottenheimer has shown more imagination, innovation and chutzpah than McDaniel has in 18 games. Brian apparently chafed at the conservatism of his father and went the opposite direction. I like the way he calls a game, the no huddle, the shotgun, the way he keeps offenses off balance. I think that style would appeal more to Brady than the current one.

Boy, the knee jerk reactionary mode is in full force in NE today. How well did the JETS game plan work in the Meadowlands last week? They were down 24-0 as I recall int he third quarter. His game plan seemed to be to throw **** against the wall in desperation and hope some of it stuck. That is when Chad tends to excell. Until the desperation leads to the inevitable turnovers. And if not for a late Loseman strip sack they'd have probably lost this week too. And it's not likely we'd have created that momentum changing turnover either because we don't.

We could dumb down this offense like we did with the defense for most of last year. Pretty short sighted approach unless you believe your personnel will consistently fail to grasp the established championship winning offense. I think that is probably a .500 strategy at best and it risks performing better as the season and the team chemistry progress. And of course in a dumbed down offense it still takes players making plays, like two JETS WR's did on just 2 plays late in last week's game. You think we got a WR on the roster and active and healthy enough to start who could do what Cochery and Coles did? I don't.

Last edited:
Fair points all. I will reserve judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes