On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
BB: Brian Daboll is back

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran
BB "In the process of bringing Brian Daboll back onto our staff"

They are all coming back I tell ya.

Belichick said it on the conference call

Re: Brian Daboll: The return of an old friend

Had he been in NE seven weeks ago, he could have seen the Pats put up more points in those seven games than his Chiefs did all season.

(And just so I don't get ripped apart, I actually went back and did the math rather than exaggerating)

Last edited:

Does he know anything about kickoff coverage :confused:

Or magically healing forearms? Thumbs?

Going back in time and keeping Edelperson from breaking a foot or GRONK from breaking a forearm? :(

Good lord, I forgot about Julian Edelman. I need coffee.

I am wondering what his role will be next year?

Did a coach already inform Belichick he will be leaving after the season ends?

Will Daboll become QB coach and let Josh concentrate on just being OC?

On a serious note, though, what would Daboll's job be? Obviously it can't be something like "ball boy," but it isn't going to be OC or DC, either.

Cue people complaining patriots breaking rules by adding coaches during playoffs like last yr....

push the button on the jugs machine for Welker

Never hurts to add seasoned coaches who know the system to the staff.

Daball was the OC for Hillis in 2010, Reggie Bush in 2011, and Jamaal Charles this year.

I would guess his contributions would be coming in the run game.

Then again, Ivan Fears and Dante seem to have things under control.

I am wondering what his role will be next year?

Did a coach already inform Belichick he will be leaving after the season ends?

Will Daboll become QB coach and let Josh concentrate on just being OC?

Wait until the rest of the league hears about this. This is just like last year when the Pats hired Josh McDaniels as a consultant and BB manipulated the scoreboard to confuse the Ravens kicker.

Will the cheating ever end?

:eek:

This is a surprising move. Bill has never been known for adding assistants to his staff in the middle of a season. He brought back Josh because he knew O'Brien was leaving for Penn State and he had a prime opportunity to acquire one of the top offensive minds on the market.

Daboll is an offensive coach. He worked as WR coach during his first stint here, before fleeing to the Jets to become QB coach. He worked as OC in Miami and KC too.

This could give rise to speculation that someone on the staff has told Bill they're leaving. Top guess would be McDaniels, but he has said publicly many times that he is satisfied being in New England for the moment. I tend to believe him, as I think he'd rather build his credentials over a 2-3 year period rather than jump from a 1 and done.

This will be interesting.

Last edited:
This is a surprising move. Bill has never been known for adding assistants to his staff in the middle of a season. He brought back Josh because he knew O'Brien was leaving for Penn State and he had a prime opportunity to acquire one of the top offensive minds on the market.

Daboll is an offensive coach. He worked as WR coach during his first stint here, before fleeing to the Jets to become QB coach. He worked ass OC in Miami and KC too.

This could give rise to speculation that someone on the staff has told Bill they're leaving. Top guess would be McDaniels, but he has said publicly many times that he is satisfied being in New England for the moment. I tend to believe him, as I think he'd rather build his credentials over a 2-3 year period rather than jump from a 1 and done.

McDaniels is gone after NEXT season.

Daboll is the OC in waiting. He'll coach up all those rookie draft pick WR's we'll be getting in the spring.

Good interim move.

Last edited:
McDaniels is gone after NEXT season.

Daboll is the OC in waiting. He'll coach up all those rookie draft pick WR's we'll be getting in the spring.

Good interim move.

When you look at his results with other teams as OC... not pretty. But nonetheless, Bill obviously has a plan for him.

Daboll is an offensive coach. He worked as WR coach during his first stint here, before fleeing to the Jets to become QB coach. He worked ass OC in Miami and KC too.

Pure speculation, but Daboll was WR coach through the Branch/Givens years (I.e. when we could develop WR's) and with a strong WR draft class and some uncertainty for the Pats at the position going forward could that be the reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes