PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Billick's Top 100 Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenkins isn't lasting to the Patriots unless Dallas has stopped coveting him in the last 2 months.. Which I haven't heard otherwise.

Also, Jenkins doesn't pass the sniff test for the Pats in terms of his background.. Myra may be gone, but she left her imprint.

I just don't see a place for a WR on this team. As much as I'd like Kendall Wright or Stephen Hill, I don't see a spot. Not with Welker, Lloyd, and Johnson guaranteed positions and Gonzalez, Branch, Edelman battling it out for the other two spots..

Dallas signed Brandon Carr to a big deal, so I don't see them going CB in the 1st round. And I don't think that Chad is a guarantee to make the roster by any means. I know the Pats haven't cut anyone the same year they re-structured, but will change very quickly if Chad doesn't pick up the playbook. Whether there is room for a rookie WR on the roster, that comes down to personal opinion.

I certainly don't like Jenkins off the field issues, but if he is on the board at 48 (which is becoming more and more possible by the day) then I would have to take a shot at his talent. Talented CB's like that don't come along very often, especially in the Pats range.

We might have bigger needs, but we could do a whole lot worse than adding Jenkins and Wright to this team in the 2nd round.

Did Billick mention them for the 2nd round, or the 1st?
If they were mentioned for the 1st round, then I say No Way;
if they were mentioned for the 2nd round, then I say...lemme think about it.

I certainly don't like Jenkins off the field issues, but if he is on the board at 48 (which is becoming more and more possible by the day) then I would have to take a shot at his talent. Talented CB's like that don't come along very often, especially in the Pats range.

The more I ponder this, the more I think taking Jenkins either with our 2nd 1 if we can't find trade partners or our first second is a good idea. Houston went from a woeful defense to an elite one in the space of one season. Is Wade Phillips really that good a coach?

They added three players last year I think that helped them immensely - Watt, Reed -and Jonathan Joseph. It would be refreshing to see a Patriot corner sticking to his man like Joseph does (and all indications are Jenkins can be that effective.) Draft him, have a plan in place to help him with his decision making - and then hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back