PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Billick gets a visit from the media Turk

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I guess he was too smart for the masses.

I guess he was too smart for the masses.
Didn't see many of the games he did, but I thought he was pretty good. I wonder why they dropped him.

He's one of my favorite announcers because he actually knows football.

In my opinion he was better than Aikman. He knew more by virtue of being a coach and his voice and personality were a lot less deadpan.

Didn't see many of the games he did, but I thought he was pretty good. I wonder why they dropped him.

I thought he was OK too, but I think that you have a pretty short shelf life with the networks. When they take on a former coach or player what they're looking for is not just an analyst but someone who has a personal connection with players and coaches still in the game. After a few years, that goes and your stories don't have much market. It's time to get someone new.

In my opinion he was better than Aikman. He knew more by virtue of being a coach and his voice and personality were a lot less deadpan.
Who they REALLY need to drop is Joe Buck. I have no idea why that guy gets so many high-profile games. He's a baseball announcer first and foremost, who calls football like a baseball game -- all droll and matter-of-fact, no excitement in his voice.

Fbuck & Aikman are the worst #1 team in football. I especially hate them when they work
a Pats game; I can feel the emnity in their voices, and the glee they take when we lose.
TV could do, and has already done, a lot worse than Billick.

I am waiting for the day when Saint Dungy is shown the door

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back