Brett Favre "The Patriots are still the team to beat in the East"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2008/09/the_jets_favre_pats_still_team.html

Love him or hate him at least Favre has some class and is speaking truth to the media when he said the Jets barely got by the Dolphins and did the right things to win and the Pats should still be the favorites because after all the Jets were 4-12 last year.

At least he is not arrogant or ****y about the situation and knows a 4-12 team still has quite a ladder to climb to knock off the defending division champions,even if its a bit easier to do now with a Brady-less team.

Favre is a hard guy to like but at the same time he is a down to earth guy that really does not do trash talking and that part I like about him.

Should be a great game on sunday to get a sneak preview of what the division may look like down the road - I can't wait and boy,is this week the longest week between regular season games in NE history or what?

It's going to be interesting to see the contrast in the user comments from the section where Randy Moss said we're the team to beat and the section where Favre says we're the team to beat.

It's in Favre's best interest to lower the expectations for the Jets as much as possible.

It's far better to exceed low expectations than to not live up to hype.

Love him or hate him at least Favre has some class and is speaking truth to the media when he said the Jets barely got by the Dolphins and did the right things to win and the Pats should still be the favorites because after all the Jets were 4-12 last year.

At least he is not arrogant or ****y about the situation and knows a 4-12 team still has quite a ladder to climb to knock off the defending division champions,even if its a bit easier to do now with a Brady-less team.

Favre is a hard guy to like but at the same time he is a down to earth guy that really does not do trash talking and that part I like about him.

Should be a great game on sunday to get a sneak preview of what the division may look like down the road - I can't wait and boy,is this week the longest week between regular season games in NE history or what?

Yeah I agree man...this has been a very long week and its only freakin Wednesday!! Is it sunday yet????

And yeah I have never had disrespect for the farve...he is classy and this article helps that....

Randy Moss said the same thing, "The Patriots are still the team to beat in the AFC East"

He must not listen to the coaches and players there, so he hasn't been mind-warpped yet.

Randy Moss said the same thing, "The Patriots are still the team to beat in the AFC East"

But when you hear it from a division opponents QB it shows true class,especially from a HOF quarterback who has said in the past that he has the utmost respect for a guy like Brady who will enter the hall a few years after he does.

I have always liked Favre, because he is a straight shooter, speaks candidly most times and is entertaining. I liked him long b4 this article was written...and what he is saying is true, we are the team to beat.

I like Brady just as much as the next guy, but come on man, we are gonna put up some points going forward here...

Last edited:
I think they're both right and I think they're both saying what their teams need to hear. The Pats need some confidence right now, and the Jets need a reality check.

I think they're both right and I think they're both saying what their teams need to hear. The Pats need some confidence right now, and the Jets need a reality check.

Well said!

Brett knows he is not going against the patriots offense. The last thing he wants is to get our defense going before the game.

Brett knows he is not going against the patriots offense. The last thing he wants is to get our defense going before the game.

Bingo:D

Geez doesn't every team go into the season expecting to win? I wonder what his teammates think of that statement. LOL Brett needs to learn when to stfu. His statement on Brady's injury was great and heart-felt. But this one......I dunno :rolleyes:

Who is gonna get the first interception of Brett's gunslingers?

I say Kevin Faulk!!!!

Who is gonna get the first interception of Brett's gunslingers?

I say Kevin Faulk!!!!

When did Kevin Faulk start playing defense? ...

Anyways Brett was saying the SMART thing. Something that not all players do. He downplayed his own abilities and praised the other team. In other words - coachspeak. Next week is going to be a real test for the Pats. Brett may sling the ball freely but he still has HOF credentials. So the Pats secondary need to be playing at their best to keep this game close.

Of course. After 700 years in the NFL, he knows not to dish out to much Locker Room material. Also his record against BB led Patriot teams isn't zacktly anything to be proud of. I'm sure he knows it too.

Hard to like? He is awesome. Down-to-earth, really fun to watch. I preferred when he was NFC, though, because now I can't root for him in addition to my Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots