PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brett Favre: Fedex player of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What a friggin joke! Boycott fedex for being delusional simpletons!

Who even cares? People look back on MVPs and SB MVPs. I can't remember anyone ever saying, "But Montana won more Metamucil Player of the Year Awards than Elway" in an argument.

Last edited:
WTF, who votes for that? What a joke.

Isn't it the fans that vote for this award? I could be wrong, but I think I remember voting for this award, or maybe it was something else.

Either way, it's a joke. It would make more sense though if the fans voted, everyone outside of New England has Brady Envy.

What a joke... LMAO!

Christ let the guy be honored, who cares. It's just a silly Fedex award. Our QB is the MVP of the league, in a fourth super bowl, and if it happens to be a win most likely he's getting another SB MVP. Who cares that Favre was honored in some cheesy award, I'll take the league MVP and SB MVP.

It's an internet fan vote, speaking of delusional simpletons...

I'm sure the voting was about wrapped up before he choked last Sunday on his frozen tundra.

I don't care, it doesn't matter. Brett Favre isn't winning the SB this year, my only concern is that the Patriots do. It's getting closer.

Congrats to Favre

They gave the ground award to Fred Taylor, over Adrian Peterson and LaDainian Tomlinson. So take it for what it's worth.

It's an internet fan vote, speaking of delusional simpletons...

I'm sure the voting was about wrapped up before he choked last Sunday on his frozen tundra.
Wouldn't have mattered. It's a FedEx award. As you know, FedEx doesn't deliver on Sunday.

Here's another Packers over Pats silly fan award...

Packers' McCarthy named 2007 Motorola NFL Coach of the Year
NFL.com

Head coach Mike McCarthy of the Green Bay Packers is the 2007 Motorola NFL Coach of the Year, Motorola and the NFL announced today.

In 2007, McCarthy took a Packers team that finished 8-8 last year to a 13-3 record, securing the number two seed in the NFC and tying the Packers franchise record for wins in a season (13). McCarthy, who calls the plays on offense, led QB Brett Favre and an offense that came in second in total yards per game (370.7), and total passing yards (270.9), and fourth in total points scored (450). Favre also set four records this year, including the most wins by a quarterback (160), most career touchdown passes (442), and all-time career passing yards mark (61,655). To protect Favre, McCarthy employed the league's only offensive line that used five of their own draft choices as starters. On defense, the Packers were tied for sixth in the NFL allowing only 291 total points, as well as tied for sixth in interceptions (19). Green Bay is young and talented on defense, with only two starters in their 30s. On special teams, the Packers were able to rely on the foot of their rookie kicker Mason Crosby, who kicked 50+ yard field goals in three different games. McCarthy was nominated for two Motorola NFL Coach of the Week awards, winning both times.

Coach McCarthy led the Packers to their first NFC championship game since 1997, when they defeated the Carolina Panthers and went on to beat the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXI. In this postseason, the Packers defeated the Seattle Seahawks 42-20 on January 12, when RB Ryan Grant ran for 201 yards and scored three touchdowns. In this year's NFC Championship game, Brett Favre threw two touchdowns and passed for 236 yards in the Packers' 23-20 loss in overtime to the New York Giants.

A record number of over 501,000 fans voted on NFL.com for the head coach whose game planning played the greatest role in his team's success this season. Voting took place from Monday, January 7 through Monday, January 21 to determine the 2007 Motorola NFL Coach of the Year.

McCarthy was selected as 2007 Motorola NFL Coach of the Year from among five finalists by voters on NFL.com. The other finalists were head coaches Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots, Jack Del Rio of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Joe Gibbs of the Washington Redskins and Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Motorola's brand has become synonymous with NFL coaches through the coaches' headsets worn during every NFL game. The NFL and Motorola recently unveiled newly designed Coaches Headsets that are lighter, thinner and more ergonomically advanced in comparison to their predecessors. Motorola believes NFL coaches are game-changing innovators whose creativity and expertise fuels the exciting brand of football enjoyed by millions of fans around the world.

what a looser award.

I heard that Billy Joe Hobert won it 3 years in a row...........................................................until Billy Joe Tolliver showed up to take care of his business.

Wouldn't have mattered. It's a FedEx award. As you know, FedEx doesn't deliver on Sunday.
Lol, that's one of the funniest things I've read here.

:rofl:

I've gotta say I do like Favre, but in no way does he deserve this. I think he got the sympathy vote on this one.

I've gotta say I do like Favre, but in no way does he deserve this. I think he got the sympathy vote on this one.

These are awards based on internet voting.....

Every time someone posts a thread here of... "go vote for XXXX from the Pats" they get flamed and told it is a meaningless award....

Whereas in Greenbay everyone takes the day off and votes 10,000 times. It is no wonder Farve and Mike McCarthy don't win every internet voting award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back