Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brett Favray's crave for attention Part MCXXVII

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by RhodyPatriot, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  2. RayClay

RayClay Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No brain scans to explain why he would throw against the grain making even the announcers wince?

Scientists must have isolated the area that makes him throw the crucial inteception so often.
  3. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I get so tired of people excusing his horrible across the body throw by saying he couldn't run. He WAS running on hte play. He was running to his right. All he had to do was run forward instead of to the right. He didn't throw because he felt he couldn't run. He threw because it is in his (and Bledsoe's) nature to force a ball, take chances and win or go home. Favre has been extraordinary lucky in his career, but every bad decision can't end up good. Evenetually things even out.
  4. RayClay

RayClay Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Here's video of him not being able to run. All he could do was skip and jump up and down.

YouTube - BRETT FAVRE INTERCEPTION (1/24/10)

This youtube wasn't easy to find, either. I put in Favre interception and it said "too many entries, please refine your search".:D
  5. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I really hope he comes back, great for the Vikings and the league.
  6. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

#18 Jersey

I hope he retires and then comes back with the Bears.
  7. 102 Pat

102 Pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#85 Jersey

I hear Buffalo is looking for a quarterback...:)
  8. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

if that's Favre's ankle (and, let's be honest, we don't know that it is), that's as butt-yugly an injury as I've ever seen and I'm amazed he could stand on it let alone play NFL football. would definitely help explain the pass/run decision at the end of the game.
  9. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

willing to be a lot of qb's look like that after the season.
    But no one takes pictures and gives it to the media. I hope he waivers all offseason then comesback. Then we can watch the media be played again.
  10. Angry Man

Angry Man REV-OH-LU-TION PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't be shocked if ESPN already has a reporter down in Hattiesburg just waiting for anything to happen at the Favre Mansion..... which probably includes stalking the cleaning crew as well to get any information from them.
  11. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

While I in no way defend Brett Favre, and I'm glad NO won instead of the Vikings, he really didn't lose that game. The bonehead who was the 12th man in the huddle on the previous play knocked them out of field goal range and resulted in the desperate heave to try to move the ball closer. I am sure B(S)F was instructed to throw the ball to get them as close as possible for a FG try. The fact that he reverted to form and threw an INT across his body should have surprised no one on the Vikings side line.
  12. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

Agreed.

I dislike the Colts a whole lot more than I dislike Favre's retirement antics. I think that he and the Vikings would have been a lot hungrier and would have had a lot better chance of beating the Colts than the Saints who needed OT, six turnovers and a couple of questionable penalties (plus the dumb one you reference) in their Dome just to get to the SB. I'd take Favre over Brees in the SB any day of the week.
  13. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:yeahthat: Thanks for saying what I wanted to, sc.

Another thing to consider: if that is indeed Brett's ankle (and I'm sure many on this board have had a similar injury), then there's no way on earth he could have played a game and shown few ill effects without some serious medication. I mean, he had to have some pharmaceutical help, right?

Part of me wants to see him come back, just to watch the media tongue bath subside as his talents decline. It's got to happen by mid-season next year, right?
  14. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

+1

every team he goes to gets really excited and the fans go nuts and then he blows it and they hate him. Living in Illinois, i want this to happen to improve the radio sports shows alone. And to aggravate my friends.
  15. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

This needs to happen
  16. RayClay

RayClay Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Watch the vid. To the untrained eye it looks like he was running, hopping and jumping to his right. Only a true fan could discern that he indeed couldn't run at all.
  17. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +74 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

I get so tired of people blaming him for not running. He needed a lot more than just 2-3 yards, and there was no way he was getting much more than that with that ankle.
  18. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

To me that is what cost them the game, they should have had at least an opportunity to win in regulation.
  19. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

You had a radio bonanza in Cutler last season. This season is shaping up as a wallapalooza with Martz entering that fray...:rocker:
  20. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

21. MoLewisrocks

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Baloney. He had 5 yards clear minimum from where he made that throw even if he crawled...which puts him right back in range for an indoor FG. That was all he needed to give his team a chance. They have a pretty good kicker. He just couldn't do it, and not because of the ankle but because of the mindset. He admitted as much, he probably should have just taken the yards available to him on the ground, and he made himself look like an idiot trying to throw the staff under the bus with the excuse he didn't really know the distance needed in the situation...or the inherent risk in throwing across your body in the waning seconds of a tie game after how many years in the league??

Everybody makes mistakes. The goal is to learn from them and not repeatedly make them over the entire course of your career. In Favre's case that he willfully and almost unapologetically failed to achieve that goal over the course of his career is why he and the teams he's played for only managed to win one ring in his lengthy career.

Everybody plays through injury in this league. Few take the time to document and disseminate them after the fact. Because like Brady said, injuries are just an excuse for poor performance. Even he's had some of those and he simply refuses to excuse them. That's why his mistakes are intermittent and he doesn't incessantly repeat them. Accountability.
  22. eagle eye

eagle eye Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah Brett Favre threw a horrendous interception.
    Nobody knows how much ground he would have made if he ran, its all just guesswork, the only man who has an idea is Brett Favre.

Its just so sad to see a legendary QB who had a great season overall get so much hate and disrespect on this board.

I'm not his biggest fan, after all he beat us in '96, but some people here just have nothing better to do than trash a great, great player. Very sad indeed.
  23. Zeus

Zeus PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nice of brettfavre to share the pictures. We all better hope he doesn't have hemorrhoids.
  24. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's a tough guy, but it's lame that he feels the need to show everyone his bruises.
  25. Jangles

Jangles PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Some guy asked to see them and his agent emailed them...

I don't remember Brett Favre uploading them to his facebook with the caption reading "LOOK HOW TOUGH I AM EVERYBODY"

But you should definitely hop on the Favre hate train though. I don't think anything is more important to this forum, not even the future of the team we all root for.
  26. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

HaHaHaHa!! Good one.
  27. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah man it was really sweet. I would listen to it everyday to and from work and it would switch back forth between Cutler being the greatest and Cutler being a bum. And then everyone blames the O-Line. Really really funny. Guys will call in with accents like the Superfans and start fighting with the talk show hosts, and then everyone eventually blames Ron Turner.

Martz should help the team, and they would improve greatly with 2 receivers.... they don't even have to be good, just a decent #1 and decent #2. Then hester can be the #3 like he should, and knox can be #4. Maybe knox can actually play #2, i dont know.....

I actually had my buddy tell me that Cutler was a top 5 QB in the league after week one. Funniest thing i've heard all year.
  28. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

#18 Jersey

I dislike him for 1996.

I hate him for laying down against the Jets in the last game of the year in 2002.

I hate him for the same thing against Miami in 2008.

The retirement/unretirement BS is pretty despicable. I hate him for going to the Vikings because I imagine how hurt I'd feel if Brady went to the Jets.

But mostly I hate him for looking so damn sexy in those Wranglers.
  29. MoLewisrocks

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Martz will just feed the beast that is Jay Cutler. His approach of screw the consequences let's go down the field, should keep Cutler's INT stats near the top of the league and he will likely get the snot beat out of him as a bonus... This is Lovie's last stand and he's gonna go out like Custer....
  30. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

If Brett Favre actually does retire and stay retired, does that mean John Madden will unretire and want his old job back?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.