PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brett Farve question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsull87

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I am not fully aware of the details. but wasn't there a deal that when the jets signed him that if he signed with another team in the next 2 years... namely the vikings that they would loose even more draft picks? or did i just make that up?

Without looking it up, I believe it was a case of not trading or releasing him for one year, or the Packers would get three picks in return. As I recall there was no wording about compensation for Favre moving along in 2009.

However, the fact that the Jets moved him from 'retired' to 'released' tells me that Favre wants to play again, despite all the posturing and denials. Why would the Jets bother to make that change in status - unless Favre or his agent requested it to be done?

I am not fully aware of the details. but wasn't there a deal that when the jets signed him that if he signed with another team in the next 2 years... namely the vikings that they would loose even more draft picks? or did i just make that up?

You aren't making it up, they would have had to give Green Bay three first round draft picks if the Jets traded Favre to the Vikings.

Now that BF has been released he's fair game to anyone w/no penalty to the J-E-T-S.

Now that BF has been released he's fair game to anyone w/no penalty to the J-E-T-S.

Exactly. Basically, the idea was that if any of the other AFC North teams were desperate to get Favre, it would cost the JEST too much to make the trade. FWIW, I read somewhere that if the JEST had traded him to the Vikings in 2009, it would have still cost them two first-rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots