Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brett Farve question

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by jsull87, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsull87

jsull87 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +116 / 5 / -1

I am not fully aware of the details. but wasn't there a deal that when the jets signed him that if he signed with another team in the next 2 years... namely the vikings that they would loose even more draft picks? or did i just make that up?

2. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +811 / 1 / -3

Without looking it up, I believe it was a case of not trading or releasing him for one year, or the Packers would get three picks in return. As I recall there was no wording about compensation for Favre moving along in 2009.

However, the fact that the Jets moved him from 'retired' to 'released' tells me that Favre wants to play again, despite all the posturing and denials. Why would the Jets bother to make that change in status - unless Favre or his agent requested it to be done?

3. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You aren't making it up, they would have had to give Green Bay three first round draft picks if the Jets traded Favre to the Vikings.

4. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +474 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Now that BF has been released he's fair game to anyone w/no penalty to the J-E-T-S.

5. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 20 / -10

#3 Jersey

Exactly. Basically, the idea was that if any of the other AFC North teams were desperate to get Favre, it would cost the JEST too much to make the trade. FWIW, I read somewhere that if the JEST had traded him to the Vikings in 2009, it would have still cost them two first-rounders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.