PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brees to NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent. How badly does this mess up all those mock drafts out there? :)

So do they go with Mario or D'Brick?

Last edited:
Duh You think Drew Brees might beat out Aaron Brooks.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Maybe even trade down a few slots so someone else can get Leinart?

So who get's Leinart now? Titans? Wow, USC Reunion with Norm Chow and Leinart plus new Notre Dame WR Givens. Sounds interesting.

PatsRI said:

Maybe the Jets are rethinking their options now.

Last edited:
PatsRI said:
Trade down and pick up Vernon Davis :eek:

Do you think Brees could handle that freak of nature being his new Antonio Gates?

Very interesting indeed. I think a lot of drafts have been overfocused on QBs to begin with...LT Ferguson and DE Edwards strike me as the true hot commodities at the very top of the draft.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

It doubtless messes them up quite a bit!

If NO really has their sh*t together, they draft Furgeson. How could they pass him up???

broadwayjoe said:
Maybe the Jets are rethinking their options now.

Yes, things are not going so well for Mangini, are they?

well, that's good, the Saints now have a quarterback that actually wants to play for them

smg93 said:
So who get's Leinart now? Titans? Wow, USC Reunion with Norm Chow and Leinart plus new Notre Dame WR Givens. Sounds interesting.

I think that the Titans going after Leinhart is a smoke screen. I think that D'Brickashaw is #1 on their list. Especially after letting go their starting LT, Brad Hopkins.

The Titan already have a damn good QB behind McNair who has been ITCHING to be the starter. Volek has a tremendous rapport with Drew Bennett. In fact, Its pretty amazing how good Bennett works with both McNair and Volek. That's why I find it very surprising they gave Givens the contract they did and told him he'd have a shot at the #1 WR position.

re:

Good for the Saints. Brees is a solid QB; he seems like one of those dink and dunk passers who doesn't make many mistakes.

I am still scratching my head at San Diego. What are they thinking? Let their Pro Bowl QB go and gave the offense to Philip Rivers. This does not make any sense to me.

I think AJ Smith is a horrible GM for San Diego. The previous GM, John Butler, was a genius in trading away #1 to Atlanta, and drafting Tomlinson in the 1st and Brees in the 3rd. Too bad Butler passed away shortly after.

Once he took over, AJ Smith let Rodney Harrison go, he drafted ANOTHER QB in Philip Rivers, and he let his Pro Bowl QB walk for nothing.

The Chargers are a mess.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I think it would be D'Brick or Hawk. Slight chance of Davis. Most likely Ferguson. They already have two first round DEs in Smith and Grant, so it won't be Mario.

This was the one piece of good news in a dreary day. I was worried about Brees in Miami. Culpepper not so much though I would have loved it if they'd traded him to the Raiders. Just for the soap opera of reuniting Randy Moss and Dante.

DaBruinz said:
I think that the Titans going after Leinhart is a smoke screen. I think that D'Brickashaw is #1 on their list. Especially after letting go their starting LT, Brad Hopkins.

The Titan already have a damn good QB behind McNair who has been ITCHING to be the starter. Volek has a tremendous rapport with Drew Bennett. In fact, Its pretty amazing how good Bennett works with both McNair and Volek. That's why I find it very surprising they gave Givens the contract they did and told him he'd have a shot at the #1 WR position.

That's very plausible. Honestly, I don't know much about Volek but that whole USC reunion just was interesting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down