PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer with of course the doomsday scenario with Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breer: Would Patriots trade Gronkowski this offseason if they get an offer?

breer cant let go of this tebow stuff!! And what off the field stuff the pats have complained about with gronk ?

I get that some of those people have to fill their articles to meet the expected word count but there is no logic of whatsoever to trade Gronk now when his value is at an all time low.

Unless some deranged owner comes in and offers to give out multiple high draft picks why would anyone even think about it? You will get no value for him right now.

How many great Patriots spent their entire careers here since Belichick took over? Brown, Bruschi, Faulk, Light, Mayo, any others?

Meanwhile: Milloy, Law, Branch (twice), Vrabel, Bruschi, Moss, Welker, Mankins, Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, now Jones and Collins - all shown the door.

The numbers suggest that most Patriots will finish their careers in another uniform.

The numbers suggest that most Patriots will finish their careers in another uniform.

Especially the exceptionally talented players. None of the Brady era players with a real sniff at the hall of fame have finished here (yet).

Bruschi was not shown the door.

Yep. I'd argue that neither was Troy Brown or Willie Mac. The team just had a threshold on what it wanted to pay them.

For varying reasons Moss, Collins, Milloy, Mankins, Sey, and Vrabel were shown the door.

How many great Patriots spent their entire careers here since Belichick took over? Brown, Bruschi, Faulk, Light, Mayo, any others?

Meanwhile: Milloy, Law, Branch (twice), Vrabel, Bruschi, Moss, Welker, Mankins, Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, now Jones and Collins - all shown the door.

The numbers suggest you are conflating issues. You are right that the guys who want more than the Patriots feel they are worth at that point in their career almost always end up elsewhere, mostly through free agency. Others reach a point where their cap hit is higher than the Patriots want or the Patriots know they can't re sign them and are moved for picks, and despite the fact that I usually hate those trades the Patriots are usually right to move them. The only way it happens with Gronk is if he comes back and has a really good season next year because right now teams won't give the Patriots real value for him.

As far as their recent moves they got good value for Jones, who the Cardinals are going to have real trouble signing, and while the return for Collins can be questioned the Browns are also going to have a problem signing him and may not want to for what he wants after seeing him dogging it and taking plays off since he got there.

Imo the most likely route for Gronk is a return next year and the Patriots trading him to an NFC team after the season is over, although his cap hit could make that a problem at that point.

And the OP was right about many Patriot fans acting like spoiled little b.tches, that has become commonplace among Patriot fans and it's really their loss. This is the greatest run of success we will ever see and if you can't enjoy it you can't enjoy anything. Personally I'm going to enjoy every bit of it and don't care what adversity they run into, they will either overcome it or they won't and worrying about and b.tching and crying about it won't change a thing, andvripping those responsible for their success just makes those doing the ripping look like babies and morons.

Last edited:
The best course of action would be to package Brady and Gronk together and get a ton of value in return. Get rid of 2 guys that are just about done for a king's ransom.

Guys, I think he's serious this time.

View attachment 14983
th

I wondered what happened though. When breer left for the cowboys beat , he profusely thanked BB for learning football from him and when even came back as part of the cowboys he gave 1 on 1 to breer. Something happened after .
Yeah, lots of profuse thanks back and forth between Kraft and Goodell, and Kraft and Orthwein too...

Breer never misses an opportunity to whack BB. An acquaintance of mine who knows Albert, and has since they were classmates at Lincoln-Sudbury, has told me that Albert's apparent dislike of Belichick is even far more intense than it appears in public. Unadulterated hatred.
Well, that just insures unbiased, objective reporting.

BB's the antithesis of Pete Carroll. And the boobs in the media take it personally. Bill is, really, the perfect coach for the Patriots. I'm proud they called him "duplicitous pond scum" in Cleveland, it's like a compliment. If I'm still around and make it to any kind of public forum, you can count on me calling out the media for exactly what they are, and how they've treated my football team for the last, oh, fifty years now. Don't worry, I won't forget the league, too.

Well, that just insures unbiased, objective reporting.

BB's the antithesis of Pete Carroll. And the boobs in the media take it personally. Bill is, really, the perfect coach for the Patriots. I'm proud they called him "duplicitous pond scum" in Cleveland, it's like a compliment. If I'm still around and make it to any kind of public forum, you can count on me calling out the media for exactly what they are, and how they've treated my football team for the last, oh, fifty years now. Don't worry, I won't forget the league, too.
I'm comforted beyond words.

Yep. I'd argue that neither was Troy Brown or Willie Mac. The team just had a threshold on what it wanted to pay them.

For varying reasons Moss, Collins, Milloy, Mankins, Sey, and Vrabel were shown the door.
Randy & Mike came here from other teams, but I get it.

There are a lot of reasons to dump on Bert, and deservedly so. I don't think this is one of them. If you read the article objectively, the logic is THAT far fetched. And IT PAINS ME TO SAY IT.

It's long been rumored that things between the team and Gronk Inc (Gordy) have been something less than perfect.

I think what Bert's saying is that there are a lot of moving pieces right now. And there are many, many ways in which this thing could turn sour quick.

-Bennett's (potential) Contract
-Gronk Inc looking for a new deal (with loss of leverage)
-Gronks future risk/reward/value
-Third Back surgery in nine years

I think these are all pretty valid reasons to wonder if /when this will all come to a head. Belichick will eventually get to a point where he will decide the baggage outweighs the benefit. He always does. It's not crazy to think that this could be the start of it. Can you imagine how much it must kill Bill to treat Gronk differently than everyone else (including TFB)? These joint statements must go right up his ass.

I don't think there is much baggage with Gronk.. I mean I am sure Belichick doesn't like the fact that Gronks family has to release joint press releases about injuries, but thats not a big deal for the best Tight End in the NFL. Obviously Gronks Injury history is a HUGE deal and if anything that is what will derail Gronk from the Pats. Gronks here next season if he can still play.

Especially the exceptionally talented players. None of the Brady era players with a real sniff at the hall of fame have finished here (yet).
Besides Rodney, Corey Dillon and Fred Taylor have far better YPC than Riggins or Bettis. So does Steven Jackson. Chuck Foreman had record-setting receiving marks to go with his rushing, with a pile of touchdowns, Pro Bowls and All-Pros, so if Steven hangs it up, that's four RB's that finished up here and should be but are not yet in the HOF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back