PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer with of course the doomsday scenario with Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Could the Patriots Part Ways With Rob Gronkowski? | The MMQB with Peter King

and doesnt miss a chance to take veiled shots...

Think about that the next time you hear Bill Belichick asked about an injury, and he grumbles about the report coming out after practice.

On top of that, there’s “Gronk” to the “Rob” that has given the Patriots everything he has over the last seven years. He’s a star, and likes the trappings of being one, and so there are un-Patriot-like allowances for that, too. You see the passage from Tim Tebow’s book, where Tebow said Belichick told him to decline a $1 million promotional appearance? Gronkowski put his name to a booze cruise last winter.

Could they? Of course. Football is a business.

Is it likely? F—k no.

"Ain't it awful"??

"No it is a gazillion times more awful" responded Bert..

Breer never misses an opportunity to whack BB. An acquaintance of mine who knows Albert, and has since they were classmates at Lincoln-Sudbury, has told me that Albert's apparent dislike of Belichick is even far more intense than it appears in public. Unadulterated hatred.

Breer never misses an opportunity to whack BB. An acquaintance of mine who knows Albert, and has since they were classmates at Lincoln-Sudbury, has told me that Albert's apparent dislike of Belichick is even far more intense than it appears in public. Unadulterated hatred.

Sniveling little turd. That little crap should thank BB every day for his career.

Felger Douche, Bert Sneer, Curran, Rappafart, Reiss and Greg ****** were all local writers who toiled at local rags and because of the Patriots's success and national exposure were able to advance their careers.

Please extend the beast (provided he heals from this scary injury and doesn't put his long term health on the line). They could frontload his contract & guaranteed money, lower his "floor" average annual cap hit (7-8M) and raise his "maximum" money by loading his incentive up to what he thinks he really deserves if healthy, dominant and part of another SB win (12-14M). He's worth getting payed near the Top WR range with all LTBE/NLTBE bonuses in"good years" (i.e. best case scenario aforementionned) but his cap hit has to remain manageable in "bad years" (mid-season IR). This way, if he somehow reaches the money he's asking for, i'm sure Kraft and BB will be glad to pay him and handle the additional cap hit for the season after, if not, then he can only put a blame on himself (health/decline in production).

Gronk may help us win a couple more SB before he's done. At this point, I envision him as a high reward lottery ticket, if you pay him 5 more years and get him available in like 2-3 postseasons, it's a 50% chance of winning big (well, of putting the GOAT HC/QB combo in ideal position to win big).

I hope he gets well soon and his teammates can raise Lombardi #5 for him (since the odds of a playoff return are reportedly slim).

There are a lot of reasons to dump on Bert, and deservedly so. I don't think this is one of them. If you read the article objectively, the logic is THAT far fetched. And IT PAINS ME TO SAY IT.

It's long been rumored that things between the team and Gronk Inc (Gordy) have been something less than perfect.

I think what Bert's saying is that there are a lot of moving pieces right now. And there are many, many ways in which this thing could turn sour quick.

-Bennett's (potential) Contract
-Gronk Inc looking for a new deal (with loss of leverage)
-Gronks future risk/reward/value
-Third Back surgery in nine years

I think these are all pretty valid reasons to wonder if /when this will all come to a head. Belichick will eventually get to a point where he will decide the baggage outweighs the benefit. He always does. It's not crazy to think that this could be the start of it. Can you imagine how much it must kill Bill to treat Gronk differently than everyone else (including TFB)? These joint statements must go right up his ass.

Sniveling little turd. That little crap should thank BB every day for his career.

Felger Douche, Bert Sneer, Curran, Rappafart, Reiss and Greg ****** were all local writers who toiled at local rags and because of the Patriots's success and national exposure were able to advance their careers.
I wondered what happened though. When breer left for the cowboys beat , he profusely thanked BB for learning football from him and when even came back as part of the cowboys he gave 1 on 1 to breer. Something happened after .

Did I read that correctly?

The Porch Pisser from OU actually equated the Patriots' deference towards Tim Freaking Tebow to Rob Gronkowski?????

Belichick actually served against Tebow committing Consumer Fraud - - if his comments this week in marketing his book are any indication - he was going to market himself as Brady's heir apparent. Belichick saved some corporation from being swindled by the snake oil salesman.

I wondered what happened though. When breer left for the cowboys beat , he profusely thanked BB for learning football from him and when even came back as part of the cowboys he gave 1 on 1 to breer. Something happened after .

Some think they are to be treated as royalty (see Shank) and are the voice of God.

BB isn't exactly the nicest guy to reporters and maybe Bert is a little too sensitive.

Some of it has been due to Albert's written work and Bill, I believe as a reaction to that work, has taken several large, steaming dumps on Albert's head during pressers.

I agree. He always seems like this weaselly POS to me.

Moving on from Gronk now makes no sense barring one exception. There's basically no cap savings and (different from Jones & Collins) he's signed at a good number for 3 more years.

The exception ? If a team offers a #1 pick (this year or next) then I might do it. But that's unlikely and unless it happened I'm absolutely keeping him for the next two years. The last year of his contract, all bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back