PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: Welker at OTAs, in uniform, brace on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Fudging Shi-Poop.

If he's participating at all, doesn't that kill his PUP eligibility?

Wow, That's pretty amazing.

Holy Fudging Shi-Poop.

If he's participating at all, doesn't that kill his PUP eligibility?

I don't think that starts until training camp. There's no way the NFL can officially track player participation here...

Last edited:
My pants feel tight!

That's just because you're still wearing your Gene Simmons costume...

When I wear that costume everyone else's pants get tight.

Trying not to get too excited about WWW... :eek:

Just asked Breer about it, Wes can participate and still go on PUP at the beginning of TC. So that's lame. But he's currently doing Bag Drills.

This is not going to be good for my production at work today...

If Wes can fully return by early September (three months away), then I think you might have to give serious thought to at least sending out trade feelers for Moss. Like Seymour, it looks increasingly unlikely that Moss will be back next season. With Welker, Edelman, Holt, Tate, Price, and Patten, you have six fairly sure-handed receivers. None of them can come close to stretching the field like Moss can, but that is not how the Patriots won Super Bowls. Brady won them by throwing to the open man - whether it was Branch, Givens, Troy, or Patten - and with some good playcalling and a respectable running game, taking shots downfield when the defense was off-balance, not just chucking it up to a well-covered Moss.

If trading Moss can precipitate bringing in a respectable running back (or other player) either now or in the future (2011 Draft), then I think it is something you have to consider.

It really seems as though the future of Moss, Maroney, Light, and/or Kaczur may be up the air with this team.

If Price and/or Tate show they should be getting playing time, and Patten and/or Holt show they still have something left, then roster spots are going to come at a steep, steep premium at the wide receiver position, once you add Edelman, Moss, Welker, and then your special teamers - Aiken and Slater - to the mix. When that happens, you almost always see a guy going on the trading block.

Price, Tate, Welker, and Edelman aren't going to get cut. Belichick isn't going to cut Holt or Patten if they can provide a veteran presence, run precise routes, and show solid hands. Who does that leave? A 33-year old wide receiver who is in the final year of his contract, has arguably shown diminishing skills and/or effort over the past three seasons, has publicly stated his future is in doubt with the team, and would definitely have some trade value on the open market.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
JSn, I expect to wake up to a full report from you.

Pats1, please, happy thoughts only in this thread. The Moss man leaving would be too much to bear. I don't want another 6th round pick we turn into a 1st in 2017. Moss opens up things so much for this O that I would really, really hate to see him go.

Breer just got silenced by Pats PR. Said he can't tweet until after practice.

Not to be an "I told you so" (but I usually am any way), I always said that Welker being ready and close to 100% for the start of the season was not outside the realm of possibility with today's medical science. I don't know what Gerry Callahan is going to do since he has been on the "Welker's career is over" kick for the last six months.

Ya, but he said this:

No more tweeting from practice. Catch you after. My opinion on Welker timetable has changed. Drastically.

I am never one to get ahead of myself but...

:D :rocker: :singing: :singing: :rocker: :D

Does this mean it was just a partial tear? Thats the only way this makes sense. Off course we will never know.

A partial tear of the ACL is the same as a full tear as far as surgery and rehab goes. In both cases, they have replace the entire ACL. The only difference a partial tear might make is the swelling around the injury and how quickly the surgeon can operate.

JSn, I expect to wake up to a full report from you.

Pats1, please, happy thoughts only in this thread. The Moss man leaving would be too much to bear. I don't want another 6th round pick we turn into a 1st in 2017. Moss opens up things so much for this O that I would really, really hate to see him go.

Whatever Moss does, it's hard to see him doing it in blue and red past 2010. It's also hard to see him doing it up to the same level he did in September/October 2007 (he really hasn't since then, aside from the Dec 2007 PIT game, the Nov 2008 MIA game, and the Oct 2009 TEN game).

We saw in the end of last season teams start to pay less attention to Moss (remember the Panthers' comments?). Whether it was because of a bad back or not, it's still an issue heading into this season.

I honestly think the Pats have milked what they could out of Moss in the past three seasons, including a very equitable deal they reached in March 2008. But it may be time to see what salvage value you can get out of him, and move on, because it's doubtful he's still around past this season.

The similarity to the Seymour situation is definitely there. In fact, the Pats' WR situation as of today looks better than the DL situation last September 5. In the long term interest of the football team, moving Moss may be best.

Last edited:

They don't want him to see the knee brace slip off revealing the bionic replacement knee he's sporting. Robo-Gate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back