PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer on McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noted the difficulty of comparison because of the different base offenses being used. However, Welker led the league in receptions. His season was definitely the better season.

And Johnston led the league in receptions for a FB that season. What's your point. Two different positions and two different roles. Johnston is one of the most talented FBs of all time. Who had the better season doesn't mean it tells you who was more talented at their position.

1.) Light was better than Tuinei. However, just to avoid argument, I still called it even in my second breakdown (4-4-3). As for Stepnoski, how did I belittle him? I rated him and Koppen as a "tie". You're calling top 3 vs. to 5. That's essentially a "tie". We're on the same plane there.

Light has yet to show he can consistently take on speed rushers. That is a big flaw in his game. That is why I put him outside the top 10
Stepnoski was a top 3 center and Koppen is a top 5. That isn't a tie. Stepnoski

How you get that is beyond me. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Well in any non-homerstic view, there is no way you can put them in the top 5 as far as pure talent. I didn't even mention all other offenses I would put ahead of them from a pure talent standpoint like:

• the 2004 Colts (Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Saturday, Edge, Stokely, Pollard, Glenn) Manning, Harrison, Glenn, and Wayne are all either lock or possible HOFers
  • the 2001 Rams (Warner, Holt, Faulk, Bruce, Pace, Proehl, Conwell, Hakim) - Holt, Faulk, Bruce, and Pace are either lock HOFers or likely HOFers. Warner was league MVP that season
  • the 1998 Broncos (Elway, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Sharpe, Tom Nalen, Mark Schlereth) - Elway is a HOFer. If Davis doesn't get in it will be because of lack of longevity. Sharpe and Nalen are locks. Smith is a possibility.
So even if you want to say the Pats last year were comprible to the Cowboys, how about the 1989 49ers? Montana, Rice, Craig, Taylor, Brent Jones, Sapula, etc.

I'm sorry, but the Pats had a lot of players that fit the system well and the Pats coached to expliot their strengths. The talent level is not there to be considered among the best, but that is the Patriots' way. They coach up players and players outperform their talent.

I thought the 2003 Patriots defense was one of the best of all time, but I think from a pure talent standpoint I don't think they were among the best. The only players on that team that really could be considered top talent in reference to a historical standpoint were Harrison, Law, and Seymour. No way did that team have close to the actual talent of the Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, or the 2000 Ravens; but I would hold that team up favorably to those teams.

Last edited:
You mean Josh "The Single Biggest Reasons We Lost the Super Bowl" McDaniels? For all his intelligence, his game planning for the super bowl was the worst. How can you not exploit the Giants slow linebackers? You've got no time to throw because of the giants pass rush so he let brady stand in the pocket and try to hit Moss. No adjustments to anything, no gadget plays. This where we were hurt - not having Charlie Weis.

Yeah, I agree. McDaniels couldn't block Justin Tuck for the life of him. Why he put himself in there is beyond me.

Why didn't he throw to Welker at all in that game. Did he even play. I guarantee you that if McDaniels threw one single pass to Welker in that game, the Pats win the Super Bowl.

Sorry, McDaniels did make adjustments. The Pats threw the book at the Giants, but nothing worked. Even screen passes to receivers behind the line of scrimage were either tipped or stuffed for a loss.

You can make the argument that McDaniels could have called a better game, but to argue that McDaniels made no adjustments and only called passes to throw to Moss downfield shoots down your credibility. Welker did tie the reception record for a Super Bowl. He couldn't have done that if all McDainels did was design plays for Moss.

If the Pats stopped the Giants on that last drive, Brady would have been hailed as Mr. Clutch for that game. So I don't know how you can put all the blame on McDaniels (although he deserves his share) or say Weis would have definitely done better. Weis wasn't perfect no matter what McDainels haters believe. In fact, he was slammed a lot in these parts prior to 2004.

And Johnston led the league in receptions for a FB that season. What's your point. Two different positions and two different roles. Johnston is one of the most talented FBs of all time. Who had the better season doesn't mean it tells you who was more talented at their position.

1.) You overrate Johnston, and I like the guy as a player
2.) Welker was better last year than Johnston ever was

Light has yet to show he can consistently take on speed rushers. That is a big flaw in his game. That is why I put him outside the top 10
Stepnoski was a top 3 center and Koppen is a top 5. That isn't a tie. Stepnoski

1.) Your Light argument is nonsense. However, even if it were true, he'd still be better than Tuinei. And, again, even if you call it a 'tie', the Patriots win the matchups 4-4-3

2.) No, you calling Stepnoski a top 3 and Koppen a top 5 is the same plane. I disagree with your ranking, but it doesn't matter because even your ranking has them essentially even.

Well in any non-homerstic view, there is no way you can put them in the top 5. I didn't even mention all other offenses I would put ahead of them from a pure talent standpoint like:

• the 2004 Colts (Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Saturday, Edge, Stokely, Pollard, Glenn) Manning, Harrison, Glenn, and Wayne are all either lock or possible HOFers
  • the 2001 Rams (Warner, Holt, Faulk, Bruce, Pace, Proehl, Conwell, Hakim) - Holt, Faulk, Bruce, and Pace are either lock HOFers or likely HOFers. Warner was league MVP that season
  • the 1998 Broncos (Elway, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Sharpe, Tom Nalen, Mark Schlereth) - Elway is a HOFer. If Davis doesn't get in it will be because of lack of longevity. Sharpe and Nalen are locks. Smith is a possibility.
So even if you want to say the Pats last year were comprible to the Cowboys, how about the 1989 49ers? Montana, Rice, Craig, Taylor, Brent Jones, Sapula, etc.

Here you go again. YOU were the one who cited the Cowboys. I just showed you that your knee-jerk reaction was out of place. I'm not going to get into a team-by-team with you, because it's pretty clear that you're not being objective in your analysis. Tuinei over Light? On what planet? Certainly not this one.

I'm sorry, but the Pats had a lot of players that fit the system well and the Pats coached to expliot their strengths. The talent level is not there to be considered among the best, but that is the Patriots' way. They coach up players and players outperform their talent.

Every elite team has players that fit the system well and are exploited to their strengths. Your argument fails in the face of the very first example I pointed to.

I thought the 2003 Patriots defense was one of the best of all time, but I think from a pure talent standpoint I don't think they were among the best. The only players on that team that really could be considered top talent in reference to a historical standpoint were Harrison, Law, and Seymour. No way did that team have close to the actual talent of the Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, or the 2000 Ravens; but I would hold that team up favorably to those teams.

Again, you're argument makes no sense, because you choose your own references at random. Ted Washington was an immovable object at that point in his career, just for one example.

McD is a good coach. He also has the best Qb and Wr in NFl history on the roster. Even Brian Billick kicked @$$ with only half that combo.

He did not do a good job in the Sb; everything else is nice, but window dressing.

1.) You overrate Johnston, and I like the guy as a player
2.) Welker was better last year than Johnston ever was

I think Johnston was more talented at his position than Welker. Welker puts a few more years like last year, then I can change my mind. I judge talent over a longer trend than one year. You look at Drew Brees in 2006 and you would argue he is the third best QB in the NFL today. I hope what Welker was last year is what he will be every year or even better. But he has to prove it first.

1.) Your Light argument is nonsense. However, even if it were true, he'd still be better than Tuinei. And, again, even if you call it a 'tie', the Patriots win the matchups 4-4-3

2.) No, you calling Stepnoski a top 3 and Koppen a top 5 is the same plane. I disagree with your ranking, but it doesn't matter because even your ranking has them essentially even.

I am a big Matt Light supporter, but he isn't a great LT. He is a good one. Tuinei was slightly better. When did Light become anything more than an above average tackle. I bet you can't find a single ranking of NFL tackles that has Light in the top 5 and probably won't find one that has him in the top 10.

As for Tuinei, he was a two time Pro Bowl and All Pro selection. You act like the guy was a scrub or something. Neither he nor Light were elite or great LTs. I just put Tuinei slightly higher. Light could end up being better in the long run.

Funny, many people on this board were just talking a few months ago about drafting a LT and eventually moving Light to RT if not immediately. Now he is a great LT.

Here you go again. YOU were the one who cited the Cowboys. I just showed you that your knee-jerk reaction was out of place. I'm not going to get into a team-by-team with you, because it's pretty clear that you're not being objective in your analysis. Tuinei over Light? On what planet? Certainly not this one.

I still think the 1993 Cowboys are far superior talent-wise, maybe not production-wise. It is just pointless to argue but you strongly disagree. I just wanted to show even more teams that clearly had more talent than the Patriots offense even if the Pats offense was actually better. Why won't you go team for team with me. That is the cusp of my argument that the Patriots were clearly not the most talented offense of all time. How else do you prove it without showing other offenses that you feel are more talented.

Every elite team has players that fit the system well and are exploited to their strengths. Your argument fails in the face of the very first example I pointed to.

Again, you're argument makes no sense, because you choose your own references at random. Ted Washington was an immovable object at that point in his career, just for one example.

My point makes perfect sense maybe you just have problems comprehending it. The best talent doesn't neccessarily mean the best team especially in football. If you don't realize that, you just aren't advanced enough in your football knowledge to participate in this discussion.

By any non-homer would admit that there has been offenses with more talent than the Patriots last year. You can't bash McDaniels with the "anyone could do what McDaniels did" argument if you admit it though. I have shown you several offenses that will have far more HOFers on it than last year's Patriots will. That means those offenses had more talent.

I feel your argument fails because you only want to bash McDaniels and admitting the obvious that the Patriots offense last year was clearly not the most talented offense of all time ruins that. You just want to microanalyze every little thing and compare FBs to WR as if they are the same position to prove your point. The fact that I have given multiple examples of teams that clear had more talent to prove my overall point that the Patriots weren't the most talented team of all time and you did nothing but accuse me changing the topic eventhough I 100% on point, means you really got nothing.

Last edited:
I think we'll see quite how good he is this year because

1. Our O-Line this year wont be great and there will a lot more pressure on Brady. Do you want your HOF QB hoplding on too long and getting drilled? He needs to find some quicker routes, slants, outs etc

2. Im keen to see how he works more catching production out of the TE's and RB's

3. I'd expect us to use the run a lot more - esp with 2 first choice RB's

Last years 2 trick pony passing game to Welker and Moss will still do well but those guys are getting doubled and physicalled at the line so he's going to have try and bring others in and use the run more - the playbook was pretty small last year

That may be true, Bro.

But ain't no way in hell I'm buying that in the Super Bowl.....with 2 weeks to prepare - No way, not a chance and would never happen.

Bill and Ernie were all over that game plan and I blame Ernie for not calling down the appropriate 2nd Half adjustments.

i agree that it was our coaching staff that blew the game. however, our defense only allowed the gaints 3 points through 3 quarters. during that time, it was joshy's coaching duty to rack up points against an average team. with that said, BB should have kicked the field goal in the first quarter. his reasoning was that Gostkowski didn't kick one longer than 45 last year - only because he wasn't given the opportunity. you see, the offense was so prolific that ghost didn't come out as much. blame BB for running the score up in games against teams like the bills and redskins.

and as far as ernie adams is concerned, no one knows what the heck he does. how can you blame him?

Last edited:
i agree that it was our coaching staff that blew the game. however, our defense only allowed the gaints 3 points through 3 quarters. during that time, it was joshy's coaching duty to rack up points against an average team. with that said, BB should have kicked the field goal in the first quarter. his reasoning was that Gostkowski didn't kick one longer than 45 last year - only because he wasn't given the opportunity. you see, the offense was so prolific that ghost didn't come out as much. blame BB for running the score up in games against teams like the bills and redskins.

and as far as ernie adams is concerned, no one knows what the heck he does. how can you blame him?

I still blame both sides of the ball. Sorry, but the defense giving up 2 fourth quarter TDs especially since they should have ended the last drive not once, not twice, but on three separate occassions is inexcusable. Yes, the offense should have been better, but so should the defense.

Again, you can put more of the blame on the offense, but I wouldn't absolve the players on either side of the ball either by just blaming the coaching. There is plenty of blame to go around. To lay the entire blame on McDaniels is just wrong.

I still think the 1993 Cowboys are far superior talent-wise, maybe not production-wise.

Okay, you take talent. I'll take production.

You can't compare the 2007 team to any of the great super bowl teams. We lost last year, so the 2007 patriots go down in history as just another super bowl loser. it sucks but that's the way it is.

if you want to compare a patriots team to one of the great teams of the past, you have to go with the 2004 patriots - the best patriots team ever. We may not have the pro bowlers that the 93 cowboys team had but we were perhaps as good because of our team concept. I think we'd hold our own against the cowboys or any of the 49ers teams. What team can say they had a 21 game winning streak?

I still blame both sides of the ball. Sorry, but the defense giving up 2 fourth quarter TDs especially since they should have ended the last drive not once, not twice, but on three separate occassions is inexcusable. Yes, the offense should have been better, but so should the defense.

Again, you can put more of the blame on the offense, but I wouldn't absolve the players on either side of the ball either by just blaming the coaching. There is plenty of blame to go around. To lay the entire blame on McDaniels is just wrong.

well we were in shotgun 70% of the time. it was obvious what we were going to do. that may have had to do with brady's ankle more than anything.

I'll take production too. My point was the Pats offense performed like the best offense of all time eventhough they weren't the most talented. Not even close in my opinion. That credit goes to the players who played above their heads and the coaching staff in particular McDaniels.

well we were in shotgun 70% of the time. it was obvious what we were going to do. that may have had to do with brady's ankle more than anything.

How is obvious? Brady was in the shotgun a lot this year when he threw short screens to Welker. Brady likes to operate out of the shtogun a lot no matter if he is throwing a long bomb to Moss or a quick screen to Welker. Brady has said multiple times that he likes the shotgun because it allows him to assess the field far quicker than when he has to drop back.

You see Brady in the shotgun and you read long pass as the defense, Brady will eat you apart. I would say Brady is in the shotgun 50-80% of the time in most games. Don't hold me to those numbers, but Brady loves the shotgun no matter the play.

Funny, many people on this board were just talking a few months ago about drafting a LT and eventually moving Light to RT if not immediately. Now he is a great LT.

I wanted the team to grab a tackle while the Patriots were able to draft one in the top 10, and play him on the right side while he learned the NFL. Others had other ideas for the position. Exactly what does that have to do with Light's talent level? Light's a Pro Bowl left tackle.

I still think the 1993 Cowboys are far superior talent-wise, maybe not production-wise. It is just pointless to argue but you strongly disagree. I just wanted to show even more teams that clearly had more talent than the Patriots offense even if the Pats offense was actually better. Why won't you go team for team with me. That is the cusp of my argument that the Patriots were clearly not the most talented offense of all time. How else do you prove it without showing other offenses that you feel are more talented.

You put forth the 90's Cowboys as an example, claiming they were "far superior talent-wise". It's really that simple: your example was wrong. Why should I go team for team with you when you can't even admit one that's pretty obvious?

My point makes perfect sense maybe you just have problems comprehending it. The best talent doesn't neccessarily mean the best team especially in football. If you don't realize that, you just aren't advanced enough in your football knowledge to participate in this discussion.

Your argument doesn't make sense given the confines of your examples. It's an incorrect argument. It's an argument that you seemingly didn't bother thinking about before posting. You also point to the HOF as if it means something in context when it doesn't. Arguing about who's got more HOF players when the Patriots players are still playing and the players from most of the other elite offenses are retired is just silly.

By any non-homer would admit that there has been offenses with more talent than the Patriots last year. You can't bash McDaniels with the "anyone could do what McDaniels did" argument if you admit it though. I have shown you several offenses that will have far more HOFers on it than last year's Patriots will. That means those offenses had more talent.

I feel your argument fails because you only want to bash McDaniels and admitting the obvious that the Patriots offense last year was clearly not the most talented offense of all time ruins that. You just want to microanalyze every little thing and compare FBs to WR as if they are the same position to prove your point. The fact that I have given multiple examples of teams that clear had more talent to prove my overall point that the Patriots weren't the most talented team of all time and you did nothing but accuse me changing the topic eventhough I 100% on point, means you really got nothing.

Now you're just posting gibberish. I don't attack McDaniels, I defend him. The most negative thing I recall ever saying about him is that I don't know why the team didn't run more slant patterns for the outside receivers (throughout the year, not just in the Super Bowl), but I've even defended the Super Bowl game plan that so many people scream about. I call your argument crap because I think it's crap, not because I have some further agenda.

You didn't "show" me anything that made your argument correct. And you keep citing back to Johnston vs. Welker as if it's invalidating my argument when, in fact, it does nothing of the kind. You are the one who pointed to the Cowboys, and their base offense with a fullback, to compare to the Patriots and their 3 WR base offense. It's not my fault that Welker was better this season than Johnston ever was in his career. Given the difference in personnel, it was inevitable that there would be at least one matchup that wasn't an exact position comparison.

Brady is arguably the best quarterback in NFL history and Moss is among the top 2-3 wide receivers of all time. That alone gives the Patriots team an enormous talent edge over almost every other team that's ever played. In order to make up for that, the differences elsewhere need to be a hell of a lot greater than "top 3" vs. "top 5".

Last edited:
Brady is arguably the best quarterback in NFL history and Moss is among the top 2-3 wide receivers of all time. That alone gives the Patriots team an enormous talent edge over almost every other team that's ever played. In order to make up for that, the differences elsewhere need to be a hell of a lot greater than "top 3" vs. "top 5".

Your best point is above.

Well said, but I'm a Homer so my opinion does not count. ;)

I wanted the team to grab a tackle while the Patriots were able to draft one in the top 10, and play him on the right side while he learned the NFL. Others had other ideas for the position. Exactly what does that have to do with Light's talent level? Light's a Pro Bowl left tackle.

Light had a great year last year, but he still has to prove himself before I will say he is a top 10 tackle.

You put forth the 90's Cowboys as an example, claiming they were "far superior talent-wise". It's really that simple: your example was wrong. Why should I go team for team with you when you can't even admit one that's pretty obvious?

I put forth about four different teams including the 80s 49ers, 70s Rams, and late 90s Vikings in my original argument. You chose to latch onto one. Considering the Cowboys already have 3 HOFers and one almost guaranteed, I don't know how I am wrong. I talking talent, not production. So far only Brady and Moss are going to the HOF.

Your argument doesn't make sense given the confines of your examples. It's an incorrect argument. It's an argument that you seemingly didn't bother thinking about before posting. You also point to the HOF as if it means something in context when it doesn't. Arguing about who's got more HOF players when the Patriots players are still playing and the players from most of the other elite offenses are retired is just silly.

So apparently HOF means you suck. Sorry, last time I checked the only player without at least 4 years of playing time on last year's offense was mankins and Kazcur. I qualified Mankins as a potential HOF. We already know that it is doubtful that players like Stallworth, Light, Neal, Faulk, Watson, etc. are getting into the HOF. Even Welker has little shot at making it because he would have to improve to have a shot and his window is closing to have the longevity. Sorry, but we know everyone on last year's offense who has a realistic shot at getting to the HOF so it is a valid argument. Only Brady, Moss, and Mankins have a realistic chance at this point. That fact has little chance of changing. Light is 30 and Koppen is going to be 29 in a month, their window has closed for the Hall because neither are considered top at their position and don't have enough years left.

Now you're just posting gibberish. I don't attack McDaniels, I defend him. The most negative thing I recall ever saying about him is that I don't know why the team didn't run more slant patterns for the outside receivers (throughout the year, not just in the Super Bowl), but I've even defended the Super Bowl game plan that so many people scream about. I call your argument crap because I think it's crap, not because I have some further agenda.

Well I will apologize for that one.

You didn't "show" me anything that made your argument correct. And you keep citing back to Johnston vs. Welker as if it's invalidating my argument when, in fact, it does nothing of the kind. You are the one who pointed to the Cowboys, and their base offense with a fullback, to compare to the Patriots and their 3 WR base offense. It's not my fault that Welker was better this season than Johnston ever was in his career. Given the difference in personnel, it was inevitable that there would be at least one matchup that wasn't an exact position comparison.

Welker was the Patriots #2 WR. Just because he lines up in the slot doesn't make him any different. You can make a strong argument that he was better than Alvin Harper, but comparing him to Moose Johnston is silly because they severed far different functions in the offense. Johnston should be compared to the Patriots second TE in a two TE set if anything.

In fact, it may be preferable to compare Harper and Welker because Haper kills the Stallworth comparison since Stallworth was demoted to the Pats' 4th WR by the end of the year. Granted, Johnston kills Kyle Brady. But comparing Welker to Johnston is just wrong on every level since Welker played the Harper role in terms of percentage of looks by the QB.

So we can agree that the 1989 49ers are better. According to most people, Montana and Rice were the best all time at their position and they had several other players who were considered among the best of all time.

Sorry, you can make the argument that Manning and Harrison were a better combo (I don't agree) or Montana and Rice (yet to be seen who is better combo) or at least in the from 1999 to 2001 Warner and Holt (with Bruce to boot).

Also, having the trio of Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt can definitely offset the combo of Brady and Moss. Emmitt is considered in many circles the best RB of all time.

Sorry, but I still don't think that this team was one of the most talented and since the offense didn't consist of solely Brady passing to Moss, you can't just say it doesn't matter what the rest of the talent.

I know it sacrilidge to even suggest that last year's Patriots weren't the most talented team of all time. But they weren't. They very talented, but they were also very well coached and were will to play their roles even if it mean less personal glory. Most of the guys on offense played above their heads last year. It is a compliment to them. Not a swipe. You ask any non-bias non-Pats fan and many will say that the Pats offense overall last year wasn't the most talented in terms of historical standpoint.

Last edited:
Actually, I think he will succeed Shanahan in Denver, possibly as early as at the end of this season.

QB12

What makes you think that? I'm just curious.

I think Josh will continue to heed his father's advice and wait for the right time and the right opportunity. Timing-wise, I guess we'll see if and how this season's outcome affects his thinking. If he wins a ring or 2, some pretty sweet offers could come his way.

Good article.QUOTE]

Very interesting, as always!

Seems Josh's got BB's "we can still do better" attitude, too. I'm anxious to see what he does with the running game this season, especially considering we've added depth to that position. It makes me think we're going to see a lot of it :) If CJ performs as hoped. we'll also get to see how he gameplans him and Moss together.

Go position by position with the Cowboys of the 90's for a start. You might find yourself surprised at how well the Patriots come off. Taking 1992, since that was the Cowboys' best record (13-3), and realizing the comparison isn't perfect because New England ran a base 3 wr set quite a bit:

Brady - Aikman
Moss - Irvin
Stallworth - Harper
Watson - Novacek
Light - Tuinei
Mankins - Newton
Koppen - Stepnoski
Neal - Gesek
Kaczur - Williams
Maroney - Smith
Welker - Johnston

Now, I must admit to a bias, but I've got New England winning with QB, all 3 receivers and 2 spots on the offensive line. I've got a 'tie' at 2 offensive line positions, and I've got Dallas winning at RB, TE and one OL position.

New England 6-2-3

Even dropping the two wins on the offensive line to 'tie', I still get New England with 4-4-3

The other thing is when you look back like that you are thinking of the players career, or maybe even his peak. They didn't all peak together. The Cowboy offense was good, but it is ludicrous to compare it to the 2007 Patriot offense when the Pats set the all-time points record, and the Cowboys weren't anywhere near close.

The argument 'forget what they did, look at how much talent they had' is basically saying your judgment of talent is backwards.

How is obvious? Brady was in the shotgun a lot this year when he threw short screens to Welker. Brady likes to operate out of the shtogun a lot no matter if he is throwing a long bomb to Moss or a quick screen to Welker. Brady has said multiple times that he likes the shotgun because it allows him to assess the field far quicker than when he has to drop back.

You see Brady in the shotgun and you read long pass as the defense, Brady will eat you apart. I would say Brady is in the shotgun 50-80% of the time in most games. Don't hold me to those numbers, but Brady loves the shotgun no matter the play.

That was true last year. It most certainly wasn't the case before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes