PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer makes case for Branch to come back--do we want him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike Joey Galloway, Brady and Branch would work well together

right from the start. Reuniting them is a terrific idea which won't

happen.

No thanks. Has this guy stayed healthy even one full season since he left? We need WRs but not this one, IMO.

Better hope for 2 things:

1. He's willing to sign cheap
2. He hasn't burnt bridges with his blackmail attempt

It really depends on the contract. I'm okay with bringing him in for a look and a smaller contract. Why not? Take a small risk for a potential big reward, a la the TBC signing. If it doesn't work out, no harm.

i am not sure a 31 year old injury prone WR is what the pats need right now.

There are so many better options out there for a legitimate WR. It's time to stop the recycling, imo.

Maybe....I think it first drpends on cost...RIGHT now..he's getting far far too much money for the reciever he is.....and he really BURNED a bridge here..so I am not sure a 2 cent brain is what they need...I would rather go young..or NOT in retreads..esp Branch..who shot his way out of town..Frankly..the twig...is now a mear sprig.....

No, I don't want Branch back. He burned his bridge when he left. Aside from that, he's old and broken down. He's a shadow of his former self. I wouldn't mind it if they offered him the vet-min, but not a penny more. He shouldn't be anything more than a 3/4th option.

vet minimum, one year contract?....

Nay fark him.... I wouldn't sign him unless the contract was printed in disappearing ink.

What next, Mangini back as DC when he gets fired next year?

If hes healthy and he and BB can kiss and make up, why not.

I'm sure Branch could be as good as Gaffney was in 2008. That's all we need for an upgrade.
All he needs to do is perform better than the number 3 option Sam Aiken with an OK contract. I mean really, how hard could it be for Deoin Branch to better this output
- 14 games, 20 receptions, 326 yards and 2 touchdowns?

Last edited:
vet minimum, one year contract?....

Nay fark him.... I wouldn't sign him unless the contract was printed in disappearing ink.

What next, Mangini back as DC when he gets fired next year?

Hey, I don't want him, but bringing him in on a vet-min deal would be pretty much no-risk. I'm just pointing at that is the ONLY way I'd agree with signing him.

I definitely do NOT want him. He played like a 2nd/3rd receiver in Seattle. He gets hurt every year (knees, etc).

What spend $$ on someone like this? He'll probably want 3m-4m per year...

Get a proven, durable receiver.

Only ex-Patriots I would want back is Vrabel & McDaniels.

NO

We need someone who is still a legitimate threat and maybe could grow into the #1 spot while Moss fades away.

I agree with the 'picking around the junkyard' comment. No more old players who are smart but slow

Held us to the fire the last time he was here, and he's done exactly JACK SHT since he left laughing at Bill.

He can stay where he is or go play with the Lions for all I care, I want no part of that loser.

Id rather go Boldin in the long run along with drafting a couple of guys but Branch is a good quick option.

how's his knee holding up?

He's dead to me .... :confused::confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing