PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BREAKING: Stork traded after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many teams could have a bad draft and still win the SB the same year. Poor Stork, drafted in 2014, starting center for SB Champions and now informed he was going to be cut and while he was reeling from that, is informed he was traded. It's a brutal business. He played center, guard and tackle last year. It's pretty telling that the Patriots think they have better options at back-up center and guard. They really must be worried about his concussion history. Stork has talent so I don't think that would be an issue.

Him and Brady had issues with communication...Andrews is more consistent and portably Brady choice anyways. Yeah when Stork was having a good game he was dominate..but few and far between

Which explains exactly what I said.
Silent counts have a trigger. Stork was coached and the plays were called such that he raised his head then snapped. Not his fault.

However, this is not the first time Stork has used the head bob with disastrous results: in Week 4 of 2015 against the Chiefs, Stork displayed the same head bobbing move. Mark Schofield wrote about it in this review of the Patriots loss, prophetically saying: “telegraphing the snap count like this is something Stork must never do again.”

It is not clear what happened to Stork in the AFC Championship, as he does not tip the snap in every game. On the road against the Miami Dolphins in Week 17, he did not tip snaps with a head motion. The Patriots were in a silent count all day because of crowd noise ‒ as they were last year in Kansas City ‒ so this may be a bad habit that bobs up at the worst times and in the most raucous road environments. But it is clear Stork aided an already ferocious pass rush against a weak offensive line, something the Carolina Panthers probably won’t provide in Super Bowl 50.

I'd say try again, but

don't try again.

No. Bryan Stork was the starting center on a Super Bowl champion.

Kontra, you know better. Stork has had multiple concussions and was traded because there are more reliable options. Stork was an excellent selection who paid immediate dividends.
Did you really just call Bryan Stork an excellent selection? He was an OK pick, primarily because the 2014 draft class for the entire league wasn't very good. Overall he was often injured and inconsistent when on the field.

He was not good in the SB he was beat by Bennett and picked up a costly holding penalty.

Which explains exactly what I said.
Silent counts have a trigger. Stork was coached and the plays were called such that he raised his head then snapped. Not his fault.

But it can't be so blindingly obvious and predictable. You might as well hang a sign up.

Why wasn't there a variable delay after the head raise, or, at least, once the defense is keying on him, some non-snaps to draw them offsides?

When will the media stop with the speculation , and stop trying to pick BB's head. He's worlds ahead of theses idiots. That's why he is who he is. Please , just shut up and watch the master work. Write a book or something when he's done. But please stop with " This doesn't make sense " BS.

I'd say try again, but

don't try again.
the team not the center determined the silent count. Whoever wrote the article had all the info and botched the conclusion

So lets get this straight. The team had a closed practice today and Stork got fired, pretty much on the spot. Hard to see it any other way cuz Washington, to their credit, saw some value and moved in on it before anyone else noticed.

Wonder what went down at that practice? Was it full pads with hitting? Maybe even the final audition to make the team?

Was there another concussion? Another fight?
My bet is on one of the two.

Last edited:
the team not the center determined the silent count. Whoever wrote the article had all the info and botched the conclusion

You keep either ignoring or missing the obvious, which is written there in black and white, and was underlined in my post. So, that being the case, there's no sense continuing this.

When will the media stop with the speculation , and stop trying to pick BB's head. He's worlds ahead of theses idiots. That's why he is who he is. Please , just shut up and watch the master work. Write a book or something when he's done. But please stop with " This doesn't make sense " BS.
I'm afraid the media is not stopping their countless displays of ignorant, annoying behavior any time soon...we as people must try to prevent published nonsense from being accepted as fact by casual observers...

Whether or not stork missed line calls or bobbed his head is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that Andrew's and karras' play has made stork expendable.

Well it has been proven that he had market value, just like Easley, and BB loves draft picks, so the outright cuts must really mean something important:

- BB could not stand them one more minute.
- Message to the roster (I really don't think at this point he needs to send that message but anyways there are some new faces on the team)
- BB is under the microscope and he is being extra precautious as he want no part of being article46ed by the NFL for trading players with injuries "misleading" other teams. Specially with concussions now a big thing, I bet the NFL is salivating over the idea of caught someone "violating" league protocols of players safety so they can transfer responsibility.

Good riddance after the guy almost single handedly egged up the AFCCG and damn near got the GOAT killed in the process.

I blame the OL coach. The Denver defense picked up the tell-tale of when the ball was going to be snapped but the OL coach never noticed. It wasn't a problem in 2014 when Scar was the OL coach.

But it can't be so blindingly obvious and predictable. You might as well hang a sign up.

Why wasn't there a variable delay after the head raise, or, at least, once the defense is keying on him, some non-snaps to draw them offsides?
There is supposed to be. When the coaching staff sets the snap count based upon when the center raises his head and never alters it that isn't the centers faulty

You keep either ignoring or missing the obvious, which is written there in black and white, and was underlined in my post. So, that being the case, there's no sense continuing this.
The obvious is that it was a silent snap count triggered by the center raising his head. How you can blame the center for that is mind boggling.
The fact that some guy wrote and article with a headline doesn't change what happened. The trigger for the silent snap was the movement of the center. The guy who wrote the article was confounded how it only happened in loud stadiums precisely because he didn't understand the silent snap count.

No doubt the patriots screwed up but when you tell the center to raise his head then snap immediately and never vary it surely isn't the centers fault. Unless you think stork called the snap count.

I'd say try again, but

don't try again.
What you quoted says it only happens on silent snap counts. That is a problem with the system but the action that is designated as the trigger. If stork doesn't bob his head they never snap the ball given the procedure they were using. If the coaching staff varied the delay from head bob to snap the wouldn't have been a problem. The entire offense is instructed what the delay is. The coach staff happened to just never change it all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back