PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: No more AFC vs NFC Pro Bowl

not to pump out my chest and start thumping and honking wildly...BUT...I've been distinctively and rabidly anti-Omissioner since 2007...perhaps it's familiarity breeds contempt at work lately but it seems a whole lot of diverse groups within the NFL fan community are starting to collectively "huh???" every move that comes out of the NFL offices the past few seasons.

I swear, what happened in the playoffs with the assignment of and performance of those ref crews, especially the Super Bowl is directly tied to this run amok, power mad commissioner ...I think everything is on the table...London team, 18 games, flat caps, deletions of long standing plays like kickoffs, more defensive rules modifications...the owners DID take the players to the woodshed with this last deal and they have the perfect cyclopean bull in the china shopdell as their front man.

I can't wait to not watch it. I wish it was tonight, so I could not watch it right away.

Set your DVR now for the Pro Bowl on January 26th so that you can get instant gratification in 2014 by not watching it every day.

I seem to remember there being some type of competition on NFL network, possibly between 2004-2006. I remember Adam Vinatieri going up against the Colts kicker at the time I think. I also remember it being in Hawaii and also Rich Eisen sang "Tiny Bubbles" along side Don Ho. Can't remember anything else about it though. Perhaps it was just a one time special competition type thing.

I definitely remember Vinateiri and David Akers playing a kick competition all alone against each other in the Pro Bowl after the 2004 Super Bowl. There were a bunch of skill competitions going on and ESPN basically did it as a semi-funny segment.

Looks it was like the "Pro Bowl Skills Challenge": GT: NFL Pro Bowl Skills Challenge | IGN Boards

I don't know why they stopped doing it.

I have no interest in watching the pro bowl, even if they let Jets players play in it.:cool:

The Fantasy Football virus continues to spread throughout the NFL.

The Fantasy Football virus continues to spread throughout the NFL.

It's all crap. I hate it. Goodell wants this to be the NBA and ADHD video-game mentality plays right into it. This is the ultimate TEAM sport; fantasy football is just absurd.

It's all crap. I hate it. Goodell wants this to be the NBA and ADHD video-game mentality plays right into it. This is the ultimate TEAM sport; fantasy football is just absurd.

The future of sports. There's simply too much digital entertainment for our country's ADHD minds not to utilize it to keep the sport popular.

The players of today grew up in the video game age and admittedly play Madden in their spare time (no doubt for ego boosting), as well as fantasy football (though mostly for "joking" purposes).

The very existence of the Red Zone Channel and the new policy to bring it to mobile to season-ticket holders just tells you what sports has become. Fans want to see everything all at the same time, and the NFL is doing a great job to deliver it, which keeps it far ahead of any other sport in this country.

Fantasy football adds to that and brings an interest from fans to other teams and games like we've never seen. Football isn't provincial anymore.

I know I sound like an ad, but that's just what it is. You're still free to go to the game or just watch one of your favorite team on TV. But fans are getting more hungrier for sports content, and this is just the beginning.

Ps. I am not a schill for anything, lol... I just love the NFL experience these days.

For the NFL Pro-Bowl, they should just play a basketball game. lol.

The future of sports. There's simply too much digital entertainment for our country's ADHD minds not to utilize it to keep the sport popular.

The players of today grew up in the video game age and admittedly play Madden in their spare time (no doubt for ego boosting), as well as fantasy football (though mostly for "joking" purposes).

The very existence of the Red Zone Channel and the new policy to bring it to mobile to season-ticket holders just tells you what sports has become. Fans want to see everything all at the same time, and the NFL is doing a great job to deliver it, which keeps it far ahead of any other sport in this country.

Fantasy football adds to that and brings an interest from fans to other teams and games like we've never seen. Football isn't provincial anymore.

I know I sound like an ad, but that's just what it is. You're still free to go to the game or just watch one of your favorite team on TV. But fans are getting more hungrier for sports content, and this is just the beginning.

Ps. I am not a schill for anything, lol... I just love the NFL experience these days.

I have no problem with the Red Zone channel, I watch it myself when the Pats aren't playing. What I loathe is crap like what they're doing with this new Pro Bowl format and the continuing trend toward "all offense all the time." This radical rules nonsense stinks to high heaven of Goodell trial balloons.

Wasn't there a skills competition years ago? Not at the pro bowl but sometime in the offseason? I thought I remembered Brady winning some passing competition....

Brady won the distance with accuracy competition and beat several including Flutie on the agility run. I kid you not.

Been off the net for a while and you beat me to it. I see this clusterfark as a means of audience testing future alterations to the game by these marketing obsessed bozos

Been off the net for a while and you beat me to it. I see this clusterfark as a means of audience testing future alterations to the game by these marketing obsessed bozos

I agree with you and Tunescribe about the alterations to the game itself, and I worry that these changes are just testing efforts. But until it goes into effect, I won't worry about the damn Pro Bowl.

It does sound a bit more interesting now. Hopefully they increase the prize money so the players give a damn. I bet if the league gave $1 million to everybody on the winning team, they would all treat it like the Super Bowl

It does sound a bit more interesting now. Hopefully they increase the prize money so the players give a damn. I bet if the league gave $1 million to everybody on the winning team, they would all treat it like the Super Bowl

You need to spend more time playing your banjo and less time posting.

You need to spend more time playing your banjo and less time posting.

Im going camping and fishing.

There is no worst sound in the woods than the banjo.

Is that "Feudin' Banjos" I hear.

"Dueling Banjos"

(Ned Beatty is a big Dead Head who bought lots of concert footage offa me in the 90's in New York. - just a little personal aside for Tunescribe)

And I'll bet 90% of posters didn't get Clairemonster's sandlot football warning. That wound still hurts whenever it's brought up. Man, Boston teams lose their stars in the strangest of unfortunate ways. Robert Edwards, Len Bias, Reggie Lewis, Aaron Hernandez (am I missing anybody? I'm sure I am.) Lyman Bostock? (well, he didn't play for Boston but his name starts with "Bosto" so ima throw him in tha mix anywhays.)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back