Welcome to PatsFans.com

Breaking News! "White culture" doesn't value education

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PF1996, Mar 21, 2008.

1. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The highschool dropout rate of whites in 2000 was 82% higher than the highschool dropout rate of Asians in 2000. Using BelichickFan's logic - "black culture doesn't value education and the proof is that the highschool dropout rate for blacks in 2000 was 73% higher than that for whites" - then one can only conclude that white culture doesn't value education. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, since the disparity between the rates of whites and Asians is actually greater than the disparity between the rates of whites and blacks, it would appear that "white culture" devalues education more so than "black culture". :eek:

I have a couple questions.

1. Why haven't the racist righties on this board brought this to our attention before?

2. Why are the racist righties on this board so concerned with "black culture and education", but apparently unconcerned about the "white culture's" devaluation of education?

:rofl: :rofl:
  2. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Whoever said : ""black culture doesn't value education" must be Mad , or sick!"

You are Wrong again ,Belichickfan.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Generalizations based on faulty logic, are what they are valueless..
  4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Maybe because they aren't racist after all, whereas you show all the classic signs of being a cross burning, hood-wearing, lynching type.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

Asians in the culture are hurt by quotas more than any other group. The data does support that Asians value education more than any other group. I knew a guy who escaped from Nam after teh war, he had spend 2 years in a cage in the Mekong Delta being starved and tortured by the commies. He and his wife got training to work as electronic tech (guy hadn't graduated grade school at home). He worked the day shift his wife the night shift, HE had his grade schoolers learning to program his 6th grader was learning trig.

They valued education as much as anyone I met. BTW he wasn't worried about racism and being a victim. He recognized the opportunity America presented to his family.
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

We know Asians value education - that's why they do so well despite not being given anything. I told you I was pleasantly surprised when I say the black dropout rate from 2005 - but it was still 73% higher than the white dropout rate which explains why the average white does better than the average black. And your number explains why the average asian does better than the average white. Or replace average with median if you like. It's not racism it's reality.
  7. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I have a lot of Chinese friends with kids, and just from my personal experience (which may or may not be indicative of the general trend, though this data would support it) scolastic achievement is not rewarded but expected. They do a lot to make sure their kids are working hard in school, in addition to Chinese school and usually an instrument. It is much more intense than my white/black/latino friends and family. So at least from the small sampling that I've seen this is no surprise, and in some respect it is correct I think to say the Asian parents in my life put a higher value on academic achievement than the white parents.

Is that really so bad to say?
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -9

Reality Is Often Mistaken For Racism

Below is some of the Sh!t your kids have blasted into their heads, these aren't my words you can buy this crap in any music store, todays society actually hands out awards to these pigs, Source for the garbage is below.

Rap:
    "Niggas in the church say: kill whitey all night long … the white man is the devil … the CRIPS and Bloods are soldiers I'm recruiting with no dispute; drive-by shooting on this white genetic mutant … let's go and kill some rednecks … Menace Clan ain't afraid … I got the .380; the homies think I'm crazy because I shot a white baby; I said; I said; I said: kill whitey all night long … a nigga dumping on your white ass; f-ck this rap sh!t, nigga, I'm gonna blast … I beat a white boy to the motherf-cking ground";

Source:
    "Kill Whitey"; Menace Clan, Da Hood, 1995, Rap-A-Lot Records, Noo Trybe Records, subsidiaries of what was called Thorn EMI and now is called The EMI Group, United Kingdom.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Harry, I see you're a real connoisseur of black culture to have located a song with words like that. Certainly, since you listen to that kind of music, you must also know of songs that are completely different. I confess I'm not a connoisseur of that kind of music, but given you're general interest in the subject, you might also want to get hold of music by contemporary country musician David Allan Coe. Here's an article about his music from your favor newspaper:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE7D81130F937A3575AC0A9669C8B63
  10. elway7

elway7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

contemporary country musician David Allan Coe? What makes him contemporary?
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -9

No Patters I don't listen to Rap (Hank Williams--Loretta Lynn) :singing:

I just Googled "Rap Lyrics" and all that crap pops up.

I just get sick of hearing over and over again how anybody that dares to criticize or stand up to the Pandering Politically Correct Media and denounce a person who isn't White is considered a "Racist" but always fail to do so when the shoe is on the other foot.

Politically Correct America and the Left Wing Media will go out of their way to deny it and they do their best to avoid talking about it but RACISM does exist in America's Black Community, that is a fact.

Respectively Yours
    Harry Boy
    Maine
  12. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Belichickfan: "blacks don't value education ; blacks value violence" - not a racist you say?

Belichickfan: "I judge individuals on the basis of their race" - not a racist you say?

FTW: "black men are only concerned with making many babies by many different women" - not a racist you say?

Cupofjoe: " of couse the killers of the NC/Auburn students are black - that's not a surprise" - not a racist you say?

Feel free to continue to defend your racist comrades but it doesn't change the fact that they are racists.

:rofl:

Oh, now back to the questions - yeah, your deflection attempt didn't work, lol.

Why are racist righties not concerned with the "devaluation of education by the white culture"?

Feel free to provide evidence of "all the classic signs of being a cross burning, hood-wearing, lynching type" that you claim I demonstrate.

Some advice while you think of another deflection tactic - try to be more creative with your ad hominem attacks.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask you about Asians. I asked you to explain why you don't wring your hands and rant about the "white culture's devaluation of education".

I didn't ask any question about Asians or blacks. This thread is about "the devaluation of education by the white culture" and the curious lack of concern shown by the racist righties on this board for this devaluation despite hysterical rage against blacks and their "value" or "lack of value" of education. Care to stop running and answer the questions?

"bad" is a value judgment that's irrelevant. It's certainly racist so thanks for providing additional evidence of your racism. However, back to the questions that you are trying so hard to avoid:

Why are racist righties not concerned with the "devaluation of education by the white culture"?
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Clearly we define "racism" differently. I believe that all races have the CAPABILITY to be equal. However some races are not living up to what that are capable of. Evidently you consider the later to be racist. I don't. Sorry that you don't like my feelings on it but when Whites drop out more than Asians - shame on Whites. And when Blacks drop out more than Whites - shame on Blacks. Clearly, in my mind, we can state if a person, race, group, whatever, is not living up to their capabilities without being "-ist" in some way. If, AND I DO NOT THINK THIS, someone said a group is inherently not capable of performing equally with their minds then that would be racist.

And, yes, shame on White kids for dropping out as much as they do.
  14. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Good point......
  15. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wait, now I'm a racist because my Chinese friends make their kids work harder than my white friends? I even pointed out that I was ONLY speaking from my own personal experience and that may not be true for other people. Are you sure you're not confusing "racist" with "Doesn't agree with PF1996?"

It IS a concern, though not specific to white or black, but the lack of achievement in general among our young people that is troubling.

Why do you insist on labeling people to the right as racist morons? It makes it easier for you to think you're right I guess, but it doesn't reflect the reality of the situation. You know PF1996, when you make up your mind about something and tune out anyone who tries to show you that your thinking is illogical you remind me of someone... Hmm... who is it?... Oh yeah, that's right, that's exactly what George W Bush does, so congrats showing your ability to reason and debate are on par with him. I'm sure you are proud to be on his level.
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

I didn't ask you about Asians. I asked you to explain why you don't wring your hands and rant about the "white culture's devaluation of education".

I didn't ask any question about Asians or blacks. This thread is about "the devaluation of education by the white culture" and the curious lack of concern shown by the racist righties on this board for this devaluation despite hysterical rage against blacks and their "value" or "lack of value" of education. Care to stop running and answer the questions?

?[/QUOTE]

If you bothered to read your own post, it referred to the dropout rates for whites vis a vis Asian so I opined that it didn't suprise. Do I wish whites were more focused on education.... Don't think about it a whole lot.

You are the one obsessed about race not me. You like to call people racist to try to intimidate/attack them because they have opinions you don't agree with.
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Contemporary was the wrong word, but I wanted to get across the idea that he isn't from a period where racism was the norm.
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

The examples you posted are indeed examples of racism and should not be tolerated, but I think you're either paraphrasing in a terrible way or leaving out the context. If you can find links to any of those examples, I'd like to see them (though I will not issue infractions so far after the fact).
  19. scott c

scott c Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Many people on the board can at times appear racist...but I would like to think it being from a poor choice of words chosen to get their message across..The real problem is parental breakdown in the home.....I know plenty of parents who have a hard time just functioning thru their own day,never mind take control and nurture another being into a succesful adult...a lot of people shouldnt be allowed to have children....Im racist against people.:D
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -9

If your "White" do not debate "Race" sooner or later you will say something you think is innocent common-sense and they will "NAIL YOU" your life will be ruined.
    Many times you will be accused of Racism for simply daring "To Debate"

:bricks: