PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News, We Lost One Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, you can't lose two games until you lose one. And once you lose two, the next thing you know, they'll lose a third. Before you know it, the team will be 1-15. The signs are there, I tell ya. :D

Sunday's loss was disappointing. I thought the team would perform better and I was wrong. We'll find out in the next couple of weeks if the team rebounds from the loss and improves. The good thing is that it was only week 2 and there is plenty of time to get better.

I can certainly understand if people are more concerned or less concerned than I am. One argument that I am tired of, though, is the "If not for one play, the Patriots could be 0-2." You can play the same game to put the Patriots at 2-0. If Edelman held onto that TD pass or Thomas held onto that INT, then the Patriots could be undefeated. Neither of those things happened, just like McKelvin didn't hold onto the ball. What happened, happened and the Patriots are 1-1. Nothing is going to change that until the Falcons game goes final.

No, Andy, this is not accurate. You took a phrase out of context. It wasn't even the complete sentence, and you removed the portion that was a qualifier, for crying out loud. You jumped on your homer horse, and went nuts over a non-issue. That's all you did. I didn't take the bait on that, and I kept on point. I showed that when I put everything in the same post. You can keep making your incorrect assertions about that thread until God ends the universe, but it's never going to make them true.

Its 100% true that my post was about part of your post, only part of your post and your repsonses did not apply to my post.
While it may also be true that you were responding to a different part of your post, or the post in its entirety, that does not change the fact that your response directly to me did not address what I was talking about.
Perhaps thats the source of the angst.

Hey, you can't lose two games until you lose one. And once you lose two, the next thing you know, they'll lose a third. Before you know it, the team will be 1-15. The signs are there, I tell ya. :D

Sunday's loss was disappointing. I thought the team would perform better and I was wrong. We'll find out in the next couple of weeks if the team rebounds from the loss and improves. The good thing is that it was only week 2 and there is plenty of time to get better.

I can certainly understand if people are more concerned or less concerned than I am. One argument that I am tired of, though, is the "If not for one play, the Patriots could be 0-2." You can play the same game to put the Patriots at 2-0. If Edelman held onto that TD pass or Thomas held onto that INT, then the Patriots could be undefeated. Neither of those things happened, just like McKelvin didn't hold onto the ball. What happened, happened and the Patriots are 1-1. Nothing is going to change that until the Falcons game goes final.

My biggest gripe is that over the last 9 years there have been many issues that cropped up from game to game, and many bemoaned them as fatal flaws. In almost every case the doom was misplaced, the shortcoming temporary, and the flaw corrected.
I mean, please give all of the examples of things we looked bad at in week 2 of a season that never got corrected?
Even if 02 our run D problems really were not significant until Bruschi was hurt. (And we ended up tied for first place) In 05 the secondary (and entrie defense) was a nightmare early on, and by the end of that season we were playing above average D.
I just dont see how we can overreact and use phrases like "they better improve or we aren't making the playoffs" when time and again we have overcome every flaw but 2.....a weak team in 2002, and a new QB in 2008, to go to 4 SBs and win 3, make the playoffs 6 times, and get to at least the AFCC in 5 of the other 6 years.
Think back to all of the poor games, all of the days this or that looked bad. We have had many losses worse than this one, and aside from the 02 team lacking talent (I think its ludicrous to say that problem exists now) and the 08 team lacking Brady, we are 5 of 6 in getting to at least the AFCC.
I just don't knw why the track record doesnt spawn "I'm confident but I see things to worry about" instead of "We are screwed, we suck at x, y, and z and it ain't getting better".

Too bad we werent at home, the Patriots fans could have chanted Brady sucks, or at least booed the team like last year.
As I read this board, I am embarassed for the fan base.
I will respond in advance to the majority of Chicken Little crowd, by saying that assessment of what happened in the game is fine, it should be negative, but criticism of the organization, schemes, philosophies, overall personell including Tom Brady (losing for the first time in 22 reg season games) is ridiculous. Everything about this franchise, its coaches and its philosophies are being attacked for ONE LOSS.
I left the board Sunday Night because I hate the fair weather mentality.
I'm leaving again.
Hopefully when I return people will have realized the most successful franchise of the last decade lost 1 game, not 8 in one day.

Well said sir! I agree with you 100%. I felt the same way and was embarassed to see all this negativity and doubt - especially about Tom Brady. I have so much confidence in TB and the PATS that I know they will bounce back. It was extremely disheartening to see that fans on this board had lost faith in the team after just one loss!

However, to deny that the offense is currently too predictably pass-happy, or the defense is too soft / non-aggressive, is to be beyond high on the Kool Aid.

It's not all on BB either. The guy gives tons of autonomy on his coordinators

This is when it pays to pay attention and watch the interviews. Your right, right now it is vanilla, but we've seen this before. Right now they have new players and some young players, they're not capabale of playing a BB defense as of right now, but as BB stated as time goes on they can give the players more and more responsibilty.
5 out of 6 years in the AFCCG and 4 SB with 3 W's gives me optimism that BB has chosen the right people and as time goes on they will play better. Say Im drinking the Kool aid but this regime has a track record in pulling it off year in and year out.
Maybe this is a transition year, if it is I can live with it knowing that the moves they made will payoff in the future. I still think by the end of this year we'll see a different team. No panicking here, I just enjoy watching the show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back