PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News Per Schefter: Long-term contract for Hernandez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GostkowSKI

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Per Adam Schefter...

@AdamSchefter
Now both young TEs locked up long term: Patriots reached agreement with TE Aaron Hernandez on long-term contract extension, per NFL source.

Geat news if true!

I read this was coming. Awesome!

I still think we need Welker signed long-term as well. Friday really showed how much we need him in short distance pickups.

Sweeeeeet.....

Wow! I thought there would be a slim chance we could keep both stud TEs long term. Now we just need to develop one young WR in a year or two and the offense will be unstoppable for 3+ years.

I thought I heard that when he was hosting in on Mike and Mike. I came to look for links and thought maybe, it was wishful thinking.

Guess BB was planning to stay ahead of the curve with the 2 TE offense. This will definitely change the dynamics (of other teams trying to copy) now that we have 2 long term.

Last edited:
Welker will probably catch 200 passes this season just out of spite

Got to love how Pats FO locked their star TE duo 2 years in advance. In past years we had to sweat it out (Wilfork,Mankins) but when you have explosive players like those two this makes sense. Love it.

This is some great news to start a new week with.

This is great news, if true. I figured this deal would be a little trickier to get down than Gronk's. Really pumped.

Agreed. After a really difficult weekend, this is a bit of sunshine on my Monday morning. :rocker:

Pretty cool. Hopefully he lives up to it - workmanlike Patriots style.

Here's Gronk's contract....It will be interesting to compare the AH structuring
6/8/2012: Signed an eight-year, $55.23 million contract. The deal contains $13.17 million guaranteed -- an $8 million signing bonus and each of Gronkowski's first three base salaries. Another $5 million is guaranteed for injury only. Gronkowski is eligible for annual $250,000 workout bonuses in the 2014-2019 offseasons. 2012: $540,000 (+ $30,000 workout bonus), 2013: $630,000 (+ $30,000 workout bonus), 2014: $3.75 million, 2015: $4.75 million, 2016: $4.915 million (+ $10 million option bonus due 2/28 + $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses), 2017: $5.055 million + $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses), 2018: $8 million (+ $750,000 in per-game roster bonuses), 2019: $9 million (+ $750,000 in per-game roster bonuses), 2020: Free Agent

Seems like they saw how good he's been in camp and decided they couldn't wait a year to sign him.

I like it. :rocker:

Great news! I'm really liking the way the Pats have handled this as opposed to waiting until the very end and things get tense. If Welker was 23, 24 and playing like he does, he'd be locked up long term, too. Hopefully they can eventually work something out with him that is fair to both parties.

MrBurnsExcellent.gif

That's awesome news. If Lloyd and Gaffney can at least be serviceable wideouts for a few more seasons, we'll definitely have a top 3 offense for the next 3-4 years. And I'd imagine someone else will step up at WR if/when Welker is gone. With the defense seemingly on the rise, no reason this team shouldn't be a strong contender each of those seasons.

Wonder if we will front load the contract since there should still be cap space.

That's awesome news. If Lloyd and Gaffney can at least be serviceable wideouts for a few more seasons, we'll definitely have a top 3 offense for the next 3-4 years. And I'd imagine someone else will step up at WR if/when Welker is gone. With the defense seemingly on the rise, no reason this team shouldn't be a strong contender each of those seasons.

Wonder if we will front load the contract since there should still be cap space.

If Jones and Hightower pan out its setting up perfectly for Brady's final act.

Hernandez is extended through 2018 according to ESPN. Gotta love that both TEs are here for at least the next 7 seasons.

Best.....Franchise....in.......American....Sports.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back