Welcome to PatsFans.com

BREAKING NEWS: Obama Accepts Bush Invitation To Meet In Washington

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ljuneau, Sep 24, 2008.

1. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

WASHINGTON -- With extraordinary stakes on the line, President Bush has invited both presidential candidates and the leaders of the House and Senate to the White House on Thursday in hopes of securing a bill to rescue the economy.

Bush took the unusual step Wednesday night of calling Democratic Sen. Barack Obama directly to invite him to the meeting, White House press secretary Dana Perino said. An Obama spokesman said the senator would attend. The White House has also invited Republican Sen. John McCain.

Perino said the goal of the session is to make progress -- fast -- on a bipartisan solution to the biggest economic crisis in decades.

BREAKING NEWS: Obama Accepts Bush Invitation To Meet In Washington

Looks like Obama will be forced to work for the people for once.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Looks more like Bush and McCain are trying to figure out how to take credit for the Democratic bailout, now that the Bush one is dead.
  3. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Only a hack would write something like that.

They're obviously trying to reach a bipartisan resolution to the crisis. A quick bipartisan solution at that.
  4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

this is such a huge farce that there are posters here who are so indoctrinated with their political party they will talk use any piece of info to lambaste the opposing party.

in the meantime the country falls apart around us, civil rights are eroded and are future if mortgaged.

party bickering- it's the biggest smokescreen going on in history the purpose of parties seems to be to keep each other arguing and bickering while the money is being carted out of the backdoor of the bank.

ya and i'm talking to ljuneau and your comment about obama.
  5. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You're right, but Patters' comment was pretty partisan too. We live in a partisan world! Unfortunately.
  6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I will totally agree. their debate is what occupies us form the real issues.
  7. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

bush and mccain probably have a pod set up to hijack obama and introduce his doppleganger into the world
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

You could just copy and paste that to all of Patters' posts.

They're trying to make it non political - bi-partisan and bi-presidential candidate.
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Yeah, right, neither side is playing politics, and Bush with his 19% approval rating, McCain with his polling numbers falling, and Americans blaming Republicans by a 2-1 ratio for our economic problems, are truly concerned with bipartisanship. I certainly know that BF is partisan (after all, anyone who believes businesses should be allowed to discriminate based on race is certainly a partisan of the White Party), but I thought that maybe you had a little more objectivity. I'm certainly a partisan liberal, but I don't delude myself unlike you and BF who seem to pretend that you're "objective." But, then again, maybe you're naive and think Bush and McCain aren't paying any attention to their poll numbers.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Dragged there, kicking and screaming all the way.

//