Welcome to PatsFans.com

BREAKING NEWS: Hillary Clinton plans to suspend campaign Friday, adviser tells New Yo

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Hillary Clinton plans to suspend campaign Friday, adviser tells Ne

This is a good thing, a concession speech is in order.. time to move on.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Hillary Clinton plans to suspend campaign Friday, adviser tells Ne

do you think a 'deal' was struck between her and Barack? She could stick it out 'till the convention and be voted in as the VP. There are 2 roll calls there, ya know?

If I were in her position, I would hold out for a Supreme Court nomination. She seems to be pretty power hungry, the beast need to be fed.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Nah. She won't be VP. She doesn't want to be VP. She wants McCain to win now. She's got a shot in '12, if McCain wins. She can't really run in '16, she'll be old and she's not looking so hot now.
  5. Tedy54

Tedy54 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That will not happen according to MSNBC. Allegedly the Obama campaign said that it is very unlikely and that the reason is because Bill Clinton will not release his financial records and that would be very bad for a Obama/Clinton ticket.

MSNBC said that Clinton will endorse Obama on Friday at a special function given for her staff.

My guess is that what is on the table is a Supreme Court nomination.
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The Clintons released their financials as they file joint tax returns. I don't believe she'd take the Supreme Court thing. She wants to be President. That means she needs to be free to run in 2012.
  7. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

without a obama clinton ticket, mccain will win in november

too much venom still on each side, they divided the democratic party that much, there will be no unity

so welcome to a mccain presidency for sure if hillary isn't made vp, and if she is vp, mccain probably still eeks it out
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Hillary in the Supreme Court? :rofl: Isn't the whole point about being a judge, truth, honesty, and integrity? HAHAHAHA!!!
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's over johnny...... :D
  10. Tedy54

Tedy54 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Probably not if we use Alito and Robets as examples.
  11. Tedy54

Tedy54 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not necessarily so. Allegedly she will endorse Obama on Friday or Saturday. That will bring a lot of it together.

And a lot will depend on who Obama does select as VP and there are many good people who can be a positive for the dems. Webb, Biden, Richardson, General Clark, Reverend Wright (joking of course :D) but I do agree that Obama/Clinton would be just about unbeatable.

The one sad thing is that in this nation there is still a tremendous among of anti-black bias, much of it covert including some democrats, particularly in states like West Virginia and Kentucky.
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There's no more an anti-black bias than any other "anti-whatever".

Apparently many black people don't trust whites, whites don't trust blacks, hispanics don't like anyone, democrats hate republicans, and so forth and so on.
    And judging from the divorce rate, it appears men and women don't like each other all that much either.

And Clark would be a very bad idea, btw (IMO, of course). He's a nut with no experience who was relieved of his command. It's either going to be Webb or Richardson, or it's going to be someone that makes us all go "huh?". I just can't believe Obama would be willing to trust Billary at all.

Plus, as I've said before, if McCain is elected and she's not on the ticket, she has a shot next time. She wants to be POTUS, not assistant potus, she did that already. :D
  13. Tedy54

Tedy54 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If she doesnt make it now, she never will. This is the end for her. Her age will catch up with her in 4 years, too.

And if Obama is elected there is a good chance he will go eight years especially if he is able to accomplish much of what he wants to do and that is very likely especially if he has control of the house and the senate too.

And i disagree with you on the anti black. This country has much more covert anti black than people are willing to see. Same for covert anti semite.

And it is not just republicans that are covertly anti black, it includes many democrats too that reside in southern states and states like Kentucky and West Virgina as I said. The results in those two state's primaries verifies that.

Obama will make up some of that with the black, hispanic and jewish votes though.

And if the young voters turn out, which I wont believe till I see it, then he just might make it a runaway. There are several "red" states that could turn this time especially with a very weak republican candidate which McCain is.
  14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Maybe. I think if Obama is elected he'll be a Jimmy Carter and not a Bill Clinton, but who really knows after all.
    Obama has shown no indication at all that he'd reach across the aisle at all. Clinton was willing to work with the other side as long as he could take the credit.

I didn't know Obama had ever lost the liberal jewish voters though, I thought they were some of his strongest supporters?

There are an awful lot of Hillary supporters that feel cheated and used by the D party though. Even getting her on the ticket...I could see that being a bigger slap in the face than how they feel now.

But who knows for sure.

BTW--it's not that I'm saying there aren't still pockets of anti-whatever in the country, I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be that. Hillary is a fairly strong candidate in a lot of ways. She wound up being an appealing (for the "reagan democrats" candidate, and she's seen as experienced. Those same states you're talking about are states where a moderate to conservative democrat is always going to do better than a liberal one, and on a lot of issues, HRC is more conservative than Johnny Mac.

I find it interesting that you didn't bother to mention black support of Obama at 90 to 95% as being proof of the black persons anti white bias.

Food for thought.
  15. Tedy54

Tedy54 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I do not disagree with you on that, but the difference is that it is not covert. it is done out in the open. Where on the other hand a lot of white voters will say one thing and then, in the voting booth, will do exactly the opposite and not vote for a black candidate.

And this is very common not just with race, but religion too.

Hispanics vote for hispanic candidates, catholics for catholic candidates and jews for jewish candidates in a much higher percentage than otherwise.

And i consider that wrong too. The vote should always be for the one that would do the best job in the position they are running for, and right now, in this time of our nations history, Obama would do better for a majority of the people than McCain.

McCain for all intents and purposes would continue the majority of the Bush programs and it has been shown that less than 30% of Americans agree with that.

That being said, Obama would do better for the country as a whole and that is what should really matter to any American, white black or otherwise if they really consider "country first, as a whole"

Would you agree with that?