PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News .....Flaccid is not practicing so far this week....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've obviously never played football, hockey, or boxing....or any "combat" sport.....which is ok....but let me educate you.

You've obviously never played football with a high level of competence. That's OK, you are an internet warrior which is probably why you are getting confused.

It is the second-tier athlete that needs to resort to dirty tactics to hide the fact that they are second-tier. Being tough, playing hard, attacking the opponent with ferocity, is different from trying to injure people to eke out an advantage, which is a classless strategy that the untalented employ because they cannot win based on their raw skills.

Your original post is a perfect example of what I would expect at a Jets or Steelers board.

You've obviously never played football, hockey, or boxing....or any "combat" sport.....which is ok....but let me educate you. If you are a boxer and you know that your opponent suffered a broken nose in his last fight 6 weeks ago...are you going to say "Oh...well I won't hit him in the nose....I don't want to win that way......I won't hit him in the head at all just in case"???? Ummm....no.....if you know that someone has a weakness in a sport....you EXPLOIT it.....!!! You seem to have a pollyanna approach to one of the most physical sports (if not THE MOST physical sport) in the world. If you can get a hit on a guy's ankle that is already injured....and TAKE HIM OUT of the game....you do it! You don't think anyone has taken a shot, or tried to wrap up Peyton Manning's ankle? Of course they have....but he has had great protection....and he is a pretty tough SOB pain wise (guy has been playing with a high ankle sprain.....that is extremely tough)

When blocking on a kickoff return and your return man is just about to break it and you see a defender coming back to the play but you have his blind side...do you all of a sudden PULL UP because...."Hey I don't want to hurt anybody here" or do you crush the guy to allow your KR to make his way into the endzone?

This is a tough game played by EXTREMELY tough people. I used to play and it was brutal. If you know someone has a weakness.....or if you have to make a TOUGH hit to help your team....you DO IT! I'm just saying I hope we get alot of clean shots on Flaccid and take him out......we win the division and move into good position for the playoffs....don't see anything wrong with that. Trust me....Terrell Suggs and Pollard are thinking the same thing for Tom Brady.....its part of the game. I know that you never played....so it is hard to comprehend......

You've obviously never played football with a high level of competence. That's OK, you are an internet warrior which is probably why you are getting confused.

It is the second-tier athlete that needs to resort to dirty tactics to hide the fact that they are second-tier. Being tough, playing hard, attacking the opponent with ferocity, is different from trying to injure people to eke out an advantage, which is a classless strategy that the untalented employ because they cannot win based on their raw skills.

Your original post is a perfect example of what I would expect at a Jets or Steelers board.

Kind of have to agree with neuronet here. While I think stcjones has a decent enough point regarding it being a tough man's game and other teams having that kind of mentality, I think neuro's comment about those kinds of comments belonging on a Jets, Ravens, or Steelers board are spot on.

No one of any class or moral value wants to see another player become injured, it's kind of taboo to even talk about. That said, I don't think it's that big of a deal that stcjones' opinion is what it is. I just don't want to be associated with it representing our fanbase. Our team is known for playing tough and intelligent, taking advantage of gameplanning, and having guys overachieve on monumental levels. That's what we do, and I hope to see that continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing